Person of Interest Season 3

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob Morton, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I saw it more as him rejecting the Machine (since it wanted them to kill -- possibly) rather than rejecting Shaw and Reese. The numbers being targets instead of victims or perpetrators seemed to greatly unsettle him. Maybe he's just dropping off the grid until he can reassess the new methodology of the Machine.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^That's exactly how I saw it. Finch knew he would be one of the first targets for Decima, so he had to make himself scarce.

I like that they stayed true to Finch's character and that he didn't
    allow them to kill the congressman.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The music montage at the end was very well done. PoI does that better than anyone on tv now.

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Watched it last night. Should be interesting to see how they react to being the hunted next episode.

On a related note, I think I blew their cover yesterday.

[​IMG]

5. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Who'd you prefer a visit from?

Shaw or Reese? :devil:

6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Shaw, but only if the machine tells Root to join in...

7. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

"Should we consider turning on it's higher, more cognitive functions? This thing has a mind, why don't we use it?"

I can't wait for the last episodes.

8. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed seeing Samaritan's interface and timeline functions. I wonder what the deal is with the truckfull of servers? I thought Root was going to sabotage them somehow, and maybe that's still the plan, but perhaps she stole them to upgrade her own machine.

I liked how the episode was a stalemate except for Decima having more man power. Though I'm not sure about Virgil offing himself like that; on command.

Good stuff!

9. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I really thought my interest in this show would wane with the loss of Carter.

But they've managed to keep me on the edge of my seat.

10. auntiehill

I thought it was pretty clear that Root took the servers to bolster The Machine--perhaps help it to overpower Samaritan.

I was really, REALLY hoping that Grace's blindfold would slip when she stumbled or that Harold would say something to her. I'm hoping that somehow, when the show finally ends, that Grace and Harold get to be together in Italy. *sigh*

And would someone please refresh my memory? Where is Bear? I know there was a throwaway line about him a episode or two back, but I can't remember what it was.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bear has his own Twitter account if you want to follow his adventures. You'll have to translate it from Dutch to English though. :p

https://twitter.com/BearDeHond

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

At first i thought she'd blow the servers up too but actually hijacking them to improve The Machine is a far better plan. I wonder if we will ever learn the location of The Machine this way (the servers need to be sent somewhere and installed/configured after all).

With Virgil i thought it'd be some remote kill system but how he died was more shocking because he took his life on his own. Shows how utterly scary or in control Decima is that its employees would rather kill themselves than betray the organization.

Now what will Decima do with Harold i wonder.. using his skills voluntarily seems out of question and just killing him is too easy and they could have done it already.

The season finale is not that far ahead.. i can't wait.

13. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

So Greer doesn't want to control Samaritan or the information flow, he just wants to live under a more just rule? Interesting. Perhaps this is his way to build a legacy of sorts - he's not getting any younger.

Who sent that text message for Brandt/Collier? The Machine? Greer? Finch? Ingram? Not sure about Finch or Ingram, although the flashbacks were set in 2010 so it could fit into the timeline. Greer could also be a good candidate since he clearly was expecting Vigilance to show up.

14. auntiehill

So, if the "trial" is being broadcast, Finch's identity will no longer be a secret. The whole country will see his face.

I wonder if the Machine will intervene?

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

What if Ingram reached out to him because his brother was a number he couldn't save and when Collier finds out Ingram was killed by his own government, it takes Vigilance in a whole new direction?

Or we're going to find out that someone we already know is the real head of Vigilance.

16. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, in that case it all ties back to Nathan. It could be plausible.

Either way the list of the head of Vigilance is pretty short. At least if we have already seen or heard this person.

I'm thinking this finale could be a real game changer.

17. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I love how is seems that Vigilance is going to end up being the good guy here?

This trial should prove to be very interesting.

I've always liked "trial" episodes. Death Wish, The Drumhead etc...

What a great show.... my favorite on the tube right now.

18. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Is it just New York that does not have any power? otherwise not many people will be watching.

19. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Just New York.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Can this show get any more awesome?