Person of Interest Season 3

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob Morton, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just wait until Zoe returns with John's son... Kyle Reese. :p

2. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I loved the reveal of Greer's true purpose for Samaritan; he's not an evil overlord, just a frightened little boy. He doesn't want to control it, he wants to be controlled by it. Very interesting. Both Greer and Collier are similar in that they are disillusioned with the current system but fundamentally opposed in what they want instead.

I noticed the picture of Collier and his gang that Control received in the hotel room was a picture of Collier and his gang walking up to said hotel moments later.:lol:

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

If you want to get real twisty, Ingram could still be alive. He was shown bleeding from the head but his body was intact on the gurney when the Feds said "we'll find out if he talked to anyone" and his body was covered and wheeled out of the triage area.

Let's say he sent the message to Collier about his brother, the Feds find out he's about to blow Northern Light's cover and make him "disappear" while interrogating him for information about his secret partner, Collier eventually finds out where he is and mounts a rescue with the newly formed Vigilence, and Nathan then becomes their secret leader and financier. They've always been remarkably well-equipped and informed for a ragtag terrorist group, which might hint at a powerful benefactor behind the scenes with knowledge of the Machine and Finch's M.O. and a bottomless checkbook.

The Machine did classify him as a potential threat before he died.

4. Aragorn

Some people speculate Greer is behind Vigilance because of how nonchalant he was about getting taken, that he's using Vigilance as proof that the world needs Samaritan.

5. Timo47

Timo47 Commander Red Shirt

Did anyone else notice that at a certain point the 'squares' appeared over Greer and Harold? You can see it in the first of four images at http://personofinterest.wikia.com/wiki/Person_of_Interest_Wiki.

So the machine knew where the were but choose not to tell our team.

Does that mean there's a camera at that location? Was it put there intentionally by Greer? There's no way he could be that sloppy.

It could also mean that Vigilance has been getting their information from the machine. Maybe the machine will be using Vigilance to do the dirty work (=killing) that our team refused to do?

On the other hand, if the machine wants Greer and his associates dead, why did it send their numbers to John and Shaw?

6. Aragorn

So that just happened. :eek:

It might be a while before they can go back to the number of the week... if ever.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Root did a little more... Rooting around... I'm anticipating counternumbers.

They have to defend those Samaritan is invested in destroying.

Is Samaritan larger than the machine because Samaratan is global and the machine is American?

Their consciousnesses might be evenish, but Samaratan can process the feeds from dozens of developed 1st world countries, which is why it needs hundreds of serverfarms and the machine only had one... Of course, maybe the Machine has "grown" since it's liberation?

8. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Well... so... um... yeah, that just happened. Very well said! There goes the home base, the team is scattered around (hopefully Bear has his own hidden secret protection server) and Samaritan is now most definitely branding and eliminating people... and damn, even Hersh died! What the hell, man! Abandon all hope!

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked how Decima played Collier and Vigilance for fools. I had a feeling that Greer was behind them. So Greer wants Samaritian to rule...that old geezer is nuttier than Root is.

10. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

This is no way an original thought at the moment, but anyway hopefully those two machines will keep their digital tentacles away from each other. Otherwise we might have a major FUBAR situation like in Colossus: The Forbin Project.

It's an enjoyable little movie, by the way.

11. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Absolutely spectacular! In the truest sense of the word.

From Hersh commandeering the bicycle for Shaw to his heroic redemption, the reveal of Root's plan with the servers, Reese's last microsecond save of Finch, and Greer's evil masterplan, including the use and destruction of Collier (poor guy), that fooled everyone and pinnacled in the waking of Samaritan. And so much more...

This episode could easily have been a series finale but I'm so glad that we get to see what happens next.

Do we move next season's thread into the SFF Forum?

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That was an AWESOME episode---a real game-changer. Everything is up in the air and we have no idea how the dust will settle.

This is far too good to be a network show. :lol:

13. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, I have no idea what's going to happen next.

I was really hoping that Collier was going to push Greer off the roof.

Allies are few and far between for our heroes. I can't even really think of anyone they can call on for help (and if they do will that put the new people in danger)?

Maybe next season they'll be going to revisit some of the people they've saved and cashing in some favours.

14. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

So what happens to Fusco in all of this?

15. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I was wondering the same thing, because surly the machine would be after him?

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, I don't know if Samaritan can actually be surly.... ;)

But Fusco himself is not a threat. He only does what Finch & Co. tell him to do. Alone, he's inconsequential, I imagine, from Samaritan's logical view.

17. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Plus, I imagine Finch and co. want to keep him on the grid and in the NYPD in order to have an insider to help them if they get in a tight spot with authorities. He can't very well do that if they erase his records.

18. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Thinking back on it, how much do they really know about Fusco's involvement? They haven't ever identified him as one of their targets, have they?

19. Aragorn

Although if Samaritan could find Grace, Fusco would be an obvious find. At least he would've been before the reprogramming.

20. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

I watched the finale again and it's pretty obvious that the trial is not what it seems to be if you keep your eyes open. Granted, Fusco was a bit busy with the blackout, but even he asks "What trial?" because no one in the world knows about the kidnapping.

The bigger one comes when The Machine can't find a clear signal for the trial. It/she has to go through Rylatech's satellite modem (yes, that's the company in Decima's pocket from season two), decrypt the feed and even detects transmission anomaly. It's clearly not a YouTube-presentation.

It's awesome how this show gives us a huge amount of information through the interface of The Machine. The devil is in the details.