Orci's ST3 or Beyond?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Khan 2.0, Aug 2, 2016.

?

Orci or Beyond

1. Orcis ST3

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Beyond

57 vote(s)
    90.5%
  1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Also, the TOS people are like all in their 80s. Ford is 75. Fisher isn't even 60 yet.

Kemaiku likes this.
  2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beyond.

No more torch passing!1!

3. NCC-1967

NCC-1967 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Facts we know so far about ST04:
    1) Chris Hemsworth returns as George Kirk Sr
    2) The script is by JD Payne & Patrick McKay
    3) Bad Robot will produce it
    4) Facts 1 and 2 were revealed before Beyond's premiere, wich clearly indicates the sequel is been in pre-production for months
    Knowing that, it doesn't take a huge leap of faith to believe the story will, PROBABLY, involve a possible "restoration", or attempt at one, of the original timeline.

4. NCC-1967

I've seen it, and I can tell you that Harrison Ford is in a far better physical condition than poor old Shatner is

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now you're changing what you said. "PROBABLY" has a very different meaning than "clearly indicates" and you've added other facts to support the claim that the movie will "PROBABLY" be about restoring the Prime Universe, whereas before you stated the casting of Chris Hemsworth "clearly indicated" the Prime Universe will be restored.

6. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still don't get why casting Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk (assuming he does indeed play George Kirk, or the same George Kirk ;) ) suggests the plot involves the idea of the Prime Universe being restored. But then again that idea makes no sense to me because the prime universe still exists parallel to this reality and doesn't need to be restored.

7. Amalak

Amalak Lieutenant Red Shirt

T another Treksite somebody said that they had read an article where Orci talked about the ending of his rejected script.
    Does anybody know what interview that might be and where I can find it?

Malaika likes this.
  8. Amalak

Amalak Lieutenant Red Shirt

I agree with you.
    But I think people are assuming time travel is the only way that he could have survived.
    Actually, George Kirk could have been beamed up to a klingon ship and taken prisoner.
    but I think a lot of people see time travel as somewhat cleaner, neater explanation.
    We shall see.

9. KirkusOveractus

KirkusOveractus Commodore Commodore

My hope is that the script, like the previous Payne and McKay script, gets rejected.

I'm really not at all sold on this premise. IMO, it's contrived to bring back George Kirk Sr. just for the idea of getting Hemsworth for the movie. Having him as Kirk's brother George ("Sam") would be a better idea to me, but I was hoping with Beyond that all of Kirk's father issues were put behind him. I'd much rather have another adventure, this time showing the end of the Five-Year Mission.

BillJ likes this.
  10. NCC-1967

I wrote "probably" in capitals because the truth is I don't really know if that will happen... neither do you. As of the other options, you failed to mention even one. What are they? A flashback? A dream sequence? A wormhole that transports Kirk Sr. 30 years into the future before the Kelvin explodes?

11. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

The last one is possible, I suppose, given the highly variable properties of "red matter".

12. The Wormhole

And yet, you were the one who previously claimed something was "clearly indicated" when it wasn't.

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It's clearly indicated that, if I had to assign time in the penalty box each time someone around here committed a minor act of exaggeration, this would PROBABLY be a very dull forum.

The Wormhole likes this.
  14. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I see what you did there.

15. Captain Zog

Captain Zog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Beyond. No doubt about it. I've pretty much hated everything Orci has written to date, so I wouldn't have been too keen on seeing his version of Star Trek 13.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Mirror universe. Mark my words. ;)

17. TrekGuide.com

TrekGuide.com Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd like the crew to discover the Guardian of Forever (voiced by Morgan Freeman, of course), which would show each crew member a tantalizing glimpse of their past. Kirk could meet his father, Spock could talk to his mother, Scotty could undo the incident with Admiral Archer's prize beagle, etc. ...

18. The Wormhole

Considering Harlan Ellison threatened legal action when he heard a rumour the Guardian was going to be in Trek XI, I don't think anyone's eager to go there.

19. TrekGuide.com

TrekGuide.com Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't see what legal basis Ellison would have for a lawsuit, since he wrote the episode as an employee of Paramount, Paramount owned all the characters and events in the episode, and the Guardian was already shown again in a cartoon episode, not to mention countless novels and comics. (It would be like Stan Lee suing Marvel for using Spider-Man in a movie -- the company owns all rights to the character, not the author who created the character for the company.)

20. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering how amazeballs Beyond was, and how problematic Orci's last contribution was, I'd go with Beyond.

I got the feeling from the various rumor stories that this lost script could have been a fanwanky small universe mess a la STID.

I'm concerned about the George Kirk element promised in the next film.

1. His sacrifice was very important, and any attempt to undo that would cheapen it IMO
    2. I really hope they aren't going to tease an un-boot of the JJ-verse. Either way it goes down, the results could be awful.