Ok. What is the chance of a Picard spinoff?

He might block shoot scenes for multiple episodes on location in an exotic location.

Don't expect to many exotic locations, unless they can be produced using the digital wall.

This supposed series, if it's made, will be produced in the Greater Toronto Area.

You might have to settle for Hamilton as your exotic location.

It was touched on in Disco and pre-2005 Trek.
I meant the Klingons since Martok has been Chancellor. I assume he's no longer in power by 2402. "All Good Things" established there was no more Neutral Zone between the Federation and Romulans, which is what ended up happening. It also established relations between the Federation and Klingons weren't "too cozy". So, I wonder if that's actually the case in the canon turn of the 25th Century. Also, it's possible there are hostilities between the Klingons and the Romulan Free State.

You think P+ would allow that? Film a scene that that wouldn't make it to air for 2-3 seasons?
Long term it would save money. Short term it's just the cost of a deleted or trimmed scene. The way 12M did it was to show oh this was also happening in that scene, another character was there and saw it as well etc.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER infamously did it, albeit at the cost of locking in a final story arc that proved controversial with that show's fanbase.

12 MONEKYS had a budget of about $3 million an episode, and their main sets were in the Toronto area. Season 1 had location shooting in the Dominican Republic (standing in for Haiti) and Northern Macedonia (standing in for Chechnya). Season 2 had locations in Budapest. Probably 1/3rd of seasons 3 and 4 (done back to back) was shot in Czech Republic. Go film tax incentives... much better than shooting on a primitive holodeck.

Long term it would save money. Short term it's just the cost of a deleted or trimmed scene. The way 12M did it was to show oh this was also happening in that scene, another character was there and saw it as well etc.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER infamously did it, albeit at the cost of locking in a final story arc that proved controversial with that show's fanbase.

12 MONEKYS had a budget of about $3 million an episode, and their main sets were in the Toronto area. Season 1 had location shooting in the Dominican Republic (standing in for Haiti) and Northern Macedonia (standing in for Chechnya). Season 2 had locations in Budapest. Probably 1/3rd of seasons 3 and 4 (done back to back) was shot in Czech Republic. Go film tax incentives... much better than shooting on a primitive holodeck.
Yeah, don't hold your breath on seeing that kinda travel for a Star Trek production. Up until they started filming in Canada, Trek shows had NEVER been film anywhere bit in and around Los Angeles.

Beyond Canada, you've got Discovery filming it's opening in Jordan, and the scenes they filmed in Iceland for season 3.

Better get used to the GTA, especially if money is as tight as they say.

The main focus of Legacy would be the Enterprise-G crew. If we see characters from other series, it likely will be the same level as what we've seen in other series, as well as the first two seasons of Picard. I think Legacy is being specifically singled out, unfairly, before a single frame is even shot.

My theory is the Legacy part refers to Speeler's Jack Crusher as the protagonist of Terry's narrative. They can't do a Picard Season 4, so the Legacy continues that.

Puts Jack on trial and has him as a proxy for Picard going forward.

My theory is the Legacy part refers to Speeler's Jack Crusher as the protagonist of Terry's narrative. They can't do a Picard Season 4, so the Legacy continues that.

Jack for the Picard legacy, the Enterprise-G for the Enterprise legacy, and "legacy" these days seems to be a short-hand for long-running franchises to say, "Hey! This isn't a prequel or reboot!"

To take it a step further, Seven of Nine is an ex-Borg drone representing Borg who are part of the Federation instead of enemies, making her similar to the Jurati-Borg in that regard. "Yesterday's enemies are today's friends," which is about as TNG as you can get.

I don't mind it.

Lots of room to experiment.
Oh I got no problems with it. I kinda love that the Enterprise is only a couple hours away from my house.

We've certainly got our fair share of diverse environments that could be used for filming. Both Disco and SNW have made amazing use of Ontario.

Matalas did go out of his way to retcon Q's "death". My guess is that Terry's plan for season 2 didn't include Q dying... reference how hostile Q was to Picard in "Penance". Either the death retcon was Terry's way of making it up to John de Lancie if he was unhappy about that plot point, and/or if Q was essential to the potential Legacy plan.

To take it a step further, Seven of Nine is an ex-Borg drone representing Borg who are part of the Federation instead of enemies, making her similar to the Jurati-Borg in that regard. "Yesterday's enemies are today's friends," which is about as TNG as you can get.
The Delta Quadrant would be a very different place with the Collective gone. This was a major plot point in the VGR novels written by PICARD co-creator Kirsten Beyer, where Voyager lead a fleet of quantum slipstream-equipped ships to investigate the aftermath of the novelverse's way of resolving the Borg. Granted this will likely be explored in PRODIGY season 2 as well.

Jack for the Picard legacy, the Enterprise-G for the Enterprise legacy, and "legacy" these days seems to be a short-hand for long-running franchises to say, "Hey! This isn't a prequel or reboot!"

Seven has her own legacy to worry about (she wants to be remembered as something other than a bloodthirsty killer).

Back