Ok. What is the chance of a Picard spinoff?

Then where were they during the initial streaming of Picard S1 & S2 (she was main cast in both those seasons, especially S2) - whose view numbers were less then Picard S3, and lower than SNW S1 (FYI until Picard S3, SNW S1 had the highest view numbers of any P+ Star Trek series.)

We were watching the show (Seven was the reason many of us watched Picard).

P+ didn't begin submitting their streaming numbers until this past March. We've been here all along.

Unfortunately, with Paramount acting the way it's acting right now and taking a page from Zaslav, my optimism for a Legacy show is getting battered.

It took THREE YEARS for SNW to hit the airwaves (they had to contend with a Covid-19 pandemic).

A two-month writer's strike? This is a blip!

Last edited:
...P+ didn't begin submitting their streaming numbers until this past March. We've been here all along...
Paramount didn't give the numbers to Neilson; but they know their own viewership numbers, and when SNW S1 premiered (which was after S1 of Picard had streamed), they released this statement:

‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Is Most-Watched ‘Star Trek’ Original Series Debut on Paramount+
https://www.tvinsider.com/1055705/s...most entertaining Star,over its first 90 days.
Paramount+’s most entertaining Star Trek series also had the franchise’s strongest debut on the streaming service ever.

Paramount+ announced that Star Trek: Strange New Worlds has set a new record as the most-watched original series in the franchise over its first 90 days. The series also ranks as one of the top two most-watched original series on Paramount+ in the UK.

Picard S3 held its own against the likes of Ted Lasso, Yellowjackets, and Succession.
Because it had the entire original TNG cast on what was billed as their last mission together.

'Legacy' will a best have a similar 'nostalgia level" as Picard S1 and S2 (at best) cast wise.

And if they film it in Canada, you will never even get Patrick Stewart to do a cameo.

One of the main consessions demand by and granted to Sir Patrick Stewat to even agree to do Picard wad that it had to shoot in LA (Which is WAY more expensive than filming in Canada); and with P+ looking to cut production costs, they'd never agree to that now.

I was just thinking about this today. Even if Legacy were to only last three seasons, if you combined its run with Picard's, that would hypothetically get you 60 episodes. Within spitting distance of Discovery's 65.

Picard and Legacy are like the Enterprise-D and the Syracuse. Together they'll form a whole.

I know it's not possible by today's production orders but I hope if we get <I>Legacy</i> it gets at least 13 episodes and at most 16 episodes. I used to be a fan of the BBC 10-episode miniseries orders until I realize how much I missed the character-building and relationship-building 'filler' episodes.

I know it's not possible by today's production orders but I hope if we get <I>Legacy</i> it gets at least 13 episodes and at most 16 episodes. I used to be a fan of the BBC 10-episode miniseries orders until I realize how much I missed the character-building and relationship-building 'filler' episodes.

Thirteen eps per season or thirteen eps period? :confused:

Considering Disco is getting its final season reduced from thirteen to ten episodes and all the other live action Treks are ten episode seasons, I'd say ten episode seasons are now the standard. Hell, even among TV in general, even thirteen episodes is becoming rare. Take The Walking Dead franchise, for example. They had been doing sixteen episode seasons for the past decade, but as of this year their seasons are a minimum of six episodes and a maximum of twelve. Only networks do thirteen+ episode seasons now, and even that's not always a guarantee.

Considering Disco is getting its final season reduced from thirteen to ten episodes and all the other live action Treks are ten episode seasons, I'd say ten episode seasons are now the standard. Hell, even among TV in general, even thirteen episodes is becoming rare. Take The Walking Dead franchise, for example. They had been doing sixteen episode seasons for the past decade, but as of this year their seasons are a minimum of six episodes and a maximum of twelve. Only networks do thirteen+ episode seasons now, and even that's not always a guarantee.
And some streamers do even smaller seasons. For Disney Plus, many shows have six to eight episodes per season.

Regarding characters, I personally don't want Patrick back or the whole TNG crew reunited. I've said before that he got the perfect ending at the end of Pic S3. That's good enough. Better than what Kirk got. Put Stewart's paycheque towards something else.

Riker, Geordi and Worf are the ones that Matalas mentioned. I'd be good with that. Frakes wants Riker to be the Admiral giving Seven her orders.

Filming in L.A. may be ideal, because most of the TNG/DS9/VOY cast members would be easier to access from there. Jeri and Todd have younger daughters, Ed has a baby, easier to live over there during filming. Matalas seemed to be good at working on a reduced budget.

10 episodes could work for character development. Ultimately, we have Seven, Jack, Shaw, Raffi, Sidney and likely a few new characters in place of the seat-fillers from Picard S3(new Doctor, Tactical, Communications and Science officers).

The question is will that have the same draw?

Season 3 traded on a huge reunion, one that Stewart had originally not been inclined to do, and eventually warmed up to. Possibly the last chance.

This is a circular argument.

"Stop using legacy characters! You're relying on nostalgia!"
"Okay, then we won't use legacy characters."
"What's the draw if you're not using legacy characters?"
"Okay, then we'll use legacy characters."
"You have to stop banking on nostalgia!"

I'm not playing this game anymore.

TNG is the second-most famous Star Trek. Among my generation, it's the largest Star Trek. So of course anything that doesn't feature them isn't going to have as big of a draw.

EDITED TO ADD: But, that having been said, isn't VOY the series that did the best on Netflix? So there's a certain logic in having a series with Captain Seven of Nine.

Last edited:
10 episodes could work for character development. Ultimately, we have Seven, Jack, Shaw, Raffi, Sidney and likely a few new characters in place of the seat-fillers from Picard S3(new Doctor, Tactical, Communications and Science officers).

I liked Dr. Ohk.

I hope they bring back Tiffany Shepsis-Tretta. :)

Casting Ohk must've been an experience (Terry Matalas: "We need a doctor." Sean Tretta: "I'll ask my wife. She's an actress!").

Maybe they can bring back Soji and Elnor?

The question is will that have the same draw?

Season 3 traded on a huge reunion, one that Stewart had originally not been inclined to do, and eventually warmed up to. Possibly the last chance.

3x05 wasn't the huge reunion, and still made the streaming charts because of all the positive word of mouth from 3x04. Casuals are familiar enough with Riker, Worf etc after those characters have been in the pop cultural landscape for so long.
I liked Dr. Ohk.
I hope they bring back Tiffany Shepsis-Tretta. :)
Casting Ohk must've been an experience (Terry Matalas: "We need a doctor." Sean Tretta: "I'll ask my wife. She's an actress!").
Maybe they can bring back Soji and Elnor?

I suspect none of them will be back. Dr Ohk, as you stated, with just the producer's wife given a tiny expository role with minimal dialogue. A walk-on role. They'll have to fill the doctor with a proper character actor if this series happens. Hopefully a new prosthetic alien.

I think it's very telling that Matalas didn't bring back Soji and Elnor. He was considering bringing back Soji just to service the Data character, not for the Soji character herself. There's no point bringing them in. Jack and Sidney are essentially their replacements as the 'young characters.' Jack, in many ways, is Terry's version of 'Soji' done over again.

BTW, to Lord Garth, I hope your job search process is going well.
Thanks. I've got a long way to go. Looking for a job while you're still working is a task-and-a-half. I had to update my resume (hadn't done that in four years), I'm still in the middle of updating my demo (hadn't done that in six years!), I only just gathered together the last of what I needed this past weekend, and I've lined up a good list of leads and have had some referrals to start off with. And I have to buy a new suit, so I have to look into that. Getting a new job is a job in and of itself.
Update to this. I'm now a YouTube Editor. I get to work from home.

Back