Not liking Picard S3

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Forever94, Apr 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryTrek

TerryTrek Captain Captain

I'll say this before this thread is inevitably closed.

There are shades of exploration of new life;

And moral/philosophical debate with no clear right answers;

in Picard S3.

Matalas and his team can do it. They have stated that they want to do a 25th Century exploration episodic series, inspired by 90s Trek.

Picard S3, on the contrary, was a 10 episode final TNG movie and structured in that way. It's essentially 'Best of Both Worlds' done one final time and the TNG swansong.

2. Forever94

Forever94 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah if you don't like Picard now you are religious fundamentalist hahah There can't be a good thread without that typical kind of comment.

3. Forever94

For me, Seasons 1 & 2 are just an insult to the saga. Season 3 is a good attempt at putting things in a good direction, so I can understand some people like it. But I don't, and I will never do. Fortunately we have all Gene Rodenberry and Rick Berman era Trek available to watch whenever we want.

4. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Indeed. In fact I feel like a lot vocal hate for modern Trek feels much like that.

fireproof78 likes this.
  5. Racefuel

Racefuel Commodore Commodore

Hating NuTrek has given some people an identity and something to coalesce around that they lack otherwise, so yeah, kinda religious in a way

6. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. I feel the same way. It's very frustrating.

SpocksOddSocks likes this.
  7. Forever94

Haha as Spock would say, go to hell.

8. SiorX

SiorX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Despite high hopes, I've been really disappointed by S3. And I feel a little sad that I can't get there when I see how much enjoyment so many people are getting from it. (Watching other people's joy is delightful, actually?)

I'd be quite up for a thread for critically discussing the things that didn't work for those of us who didn't like it. It might help me articulate it for myself. But it'd be awesome if we could do it without slinging insults.

9. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I’ve been pretty critical in the review threads and haven’t felt insulted at any point. It’s actually been a pretty good ongoing conversation.

Wouter, fireproof78 and Lord Garth like this.
  10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I was willing to give your thread reboot a chance as you course-corrected the opening post, but you just blew it. Warning for Flaming. If you want to post here, learn to express your opinion without insulting other posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.