Not liking Picard S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this before this thread is inevitably closed.

There are shades of exploration of new life;

And moral/philosophical debate with no clear right answers;

in Picard S3.

Matalas and his team can do it. They have stated that they want to do a 25th Century exploration episodic series, inspired by 90s Trek.

Picard S3, on the contrary, was a 10 episode final TNG movie and structured in that way. It's essentially 'Best of Both Worlds' done one final time and the TNG swansong.

I was 20 years old when Star Trek launched on September 8, 1966. I have watched every nanosecond of Trek on TV or movie screen since that day. I hugely enjoyed both seasons 1 & 2 of Picard and am enjoying S3 even more. Why? Because I'm not hung up on some fundamentalist clinging to 1966 or 1987 or any other previous time. Stories and characters carry the day and Picard is loaded with them. Some of what I'm reading here border on religious extremism and there's enough of that crap in the real world. It is sad.
Yeah if you don't like Picard now you are religious fundamentalist hahah There can't be a good thread without that typical kind of comment.

For me, Seasons 1 & 2 are just an insult to the saga. Season 3 is a good attempt at putting things in a good direction, so I can understand some people like it. But I don't, and I will never do. Fortunately we have all Gene Rodenberry and Rick Berman era Trek available to watch whenever we want.

I was 20 years old when Star Trek launched on September 8, 1966. I have watched every nanosecond of Trek on TV or movie screen since that day. I hugely enjoyed both seasons 1 & 2 of Picard and am enjoying S3 even more. Why? Because I'm not hung up on some fundamentalist clinging to 1966 or 1987 or any other previous time. Stories and characters carry the day and Picard is loaded with them. Some of what I'm reading here border on religious extremism and there's enough of that crap in the real world. It is sad.
Indeed. I feel the same way. It's very frustrating.

Despite high hopes, I've been really disappointed by S3. And I feel a little sad that I can't get there when I see how much enjoyment so many people are getting from it. (Watching other people's joy is delightful, actually?)

I'd be quite up for a thread for critically discussing the things that didn't work for those of us who didn't like it. It might help me articulate it for myself. But it'd be awesome if we could do it without slinging insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back