NFL 2023: A different shade of green for Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
49ers/Rams at Levi's South today. Hopefully it's a good game and I'm in a better mood than last night when I saw the Giants Baseball team get swept in a Doubleheader to the Colorado Freaking Rockies. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for me, I can’t watch it. DirecTV is in a contract dispute with the owner of our local Fox affiliate.

Then again, maybe that’s a good thing. I don’t think we have much of a chance. McCaffery just tears through us every time.

Unfortunately for me, I can’t watch it. DirecTV is in a contract dispute with the owner of our local Fox affiliate.

Then again, maybe that’s a good thing. I don’t think we have much of a chance. McCaffery just tears through us every time.

Looks like you can watch it on the FOX Sports app if you download it to a mobile device.

Two NFL games, two early injury exits for Anthony Richardson, this time a concussion. He could be the best of the first round QBs, but he needs to take care of himself.

Now THIS is the Washington team I remember!
R3ppdEy.png

Cincinnati digging themselves an early hole, already 0-2 against the AFC North.

Well, crap.

I did get to watch the Niners/Rams game. The Rams actually played pretty well, but too many mistakes from our young guys. And damn, Purdy is so efficient. We never really got close to sacking him.

No moral victories in football, but I think we hung in there with the best team in football, and had a chance up until the middle of the 4th quarter.

Some bright spots.

Holy crap, what a game! Talk about a tale of two halves. I 100% take back what I said during the first half. Washington inexplicably somehow managed to turn it all around. Denver had a valiant final attempt at the end, but the conversion wasn’t meant to be.

Chargers Brandon Staley has to be on the hottest of hot seats right now.

I think it's time to start having A Conversation about Matt Eberflus, too. The injuries so far have been devastating on both sides of the ball, but almost everyone looks absolutely listless and checked out. And there's absolutely no excuse for the Bears' inability to A) generate quarterback pressure and B) fucking tackle, just as there's no excuse for the receivers blowing their route assignments so often. There were times today when Moore, Mooney and Claypool looked like they were running three different plays.

I just don't know what to think about Fields. I mean, he was playing behind an utterly makeshift offensive line with the resilience of damp tissue paper, but outside of the two scoring drives his decision-making was maddening today.

But Eberflus looks completely overmatched, Getsy's obsessed with calling 25 screens a game and the defense, well, can't defend.

Well, crap.

I did get to watch the Niners/Rams game. The Rams actually played pretty well, but too many mistakes from our young guys. And damn, Purdy is so efficient. We never really got close to sacking him.

No moral victories in football, but I think we hung in there with the best team in football, and had a chance up until the middle of the 4th quarter.

Some bright spots.

Kind of interesting you say that because I thought this was Purdy's worst game. Considering how hot a start he has had, his worst game actually isn't bad. He did have a few over throws.

That Nacua kid you guys have is going to be a stud this year I think. He was all over the place and just continued his hot play from last week. This was too close of a game for my tastes, but I'm glad they got the win. On to TNF and the NY Giants, which almost lost to the Cardinals. I'm actually glad the 49ers play on Thursday, so next Sunday is all 7 hours of commercial free Football on Red Zone.

Last edited:
I think it's time to start having A Conversation about Matt Eberflus, too. The injuries so far have been devastating on both sides of the ball, but almost everyone looks absolutely listless and checked out. And there's absolutely no excuse for the Bears' inability to A) generate quarterback pressure and B) fucking tackle, just as there's no excuse for the receivers blowing their route assignments so often. There were times today when Moore, Mooney and Claypool looked like they were running three different plays.

I just don't know what to think about Fields. I mean, he was playing behind an utterly makeshift offensive line with the resilience of damp tissue paper, but outside of the two scoring drives his decision-making was maddening today.

But Eberflus looks completely overmatched, Getsy's obsessed with calling 25 screens a game and the defense, well, can't defend.

I was confused when Chicago hired Flus, to be honest. He was a solid DC with the Colts, but hardly exemplary. He was really the best the Bears could find?

But, but, according to Ginny he's "a good boy".

Eberflus got a 4 year contract? (isn't it usually 3?) I can't remember the last time , if ever, the Bears axed a HC early.

I'd swear Matt Nagy is carrying an extra tablet and continues to call offensive plays for the Bears. Most of the time it looks like the same ineffective shit he always called. He just had no WiFi during that first drive. But in true Bears fashion, the other team adjusted and the Bears kept running the same plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back