NFL 2023: A different shade of green for Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're just loving it, aren't you? The needless implosion of a once-great athlete's career?

Having another "bad day", are ye?

He's a whiny pissbaby who manages to alienate pretty much everyone in his orbit, including his family, and is an anti-vaccine shithead (remember him claiming he was "immunized?"). For heaven's sake, the dude made a huge show of doing a "darkness retreat," and then wimped out of it and had lights in his room.

And he stuck a screwdriver up the Bears' ass for 15 years.

Yes, he was a phenomenally talented quarterback. No, I am not going to shed any tears over his career ending like this, nor will I apologize for laughing over his last pass completion being an interception.

He's a whiny pissbaby who manages to alienate pretty much everyone in his orbit, including his family, and is an anti-vaccine shithead (remember him claiming he was "immunized?"). For heaven's sake, the dude made a huge show of doing a "darkness retreat," and then wimped out of it and had lights in his room.

And he stuck a screwdriver up the Bears' ass for 15 years.

Yes, he was a phenomenally talented quarterback. No, I am not going to shed any tears over his career ending like this, nor will I apologize for laughing over his last pass completion being an interception.
What ^he^ said.

Not looking forward to this one. I think Richardson had the best performance of the 3 rookie QBs, but going on the road in a divisional encounter makes me nervous. There'll be growing pains this season, I have no illusions about that... I just hope AR doesn't suffer too much physical pain. I agree that Houston's defense is probably better than Indy's, but Indy has more talent on the offense. How about another tie like last year?

Texans O-line is in shambles. We got three O-line starters out right now, two of the backups are now injured, so we're playing backups to the backups along the O-line. If this game were in Indy, I'd give yall the edge. Since this is DeMeco Ryans debut as HC in Houston, I'll give the Texans a slight edge.

Actually I haven't the faintest idea. :lol:

I think Rodgers will play in 2024. I don’t think he wants to go out like this.

He's had issues with his calves for the last three years and an Achilles tear is something that wrecks even young people. (Cam Akers, for example, has never been the same.)

At 40? Hey, the man is a spite golem so if anyone could do it, it's Rodgers, but that's a tough row to hoe.

He's had issues with his calves for the last three years and an Achilles tear is something that wrecks even young people. (Cam Akers, for example, has never been the same.)

At 40? Hey, the man is a spite golem so if anyone could do it, it's Rodgers, but that's a tough row to hoe.

Rodgers' comments certainly indicate that coming back is his plan. How will it go? Anyone's guess.

Aaron Rodgers comments for first time since his injury with a post on Instagram: “The night is darkest before the dawn. And I shall rise again.”

I think it's funny how commentators in Denver actually seem just a little scared of Washington's defense, going so far as calling it.. "gnarly". :wtf: Is that ... good? :lol:

I don't ever recall that particular dash of hyperbole attributed to their defense, even when they were actually a good team (in the before-times). Yeah, so the Commies got their first post-Snyder win last week (and let's face it - it was only to Arizona, FFS!), but is that enough to be afraid of? "When did this happen?" ran through my head several times. I saw where they were apparently #1 a year ago in third down conversion stops, so maybe that's it. I guess I wasn't paying much attention by that point anymore. Who knows? In any case, I'm thinking it's going to be a weird game.

I only caught a portion of Thursday Night Football last night, but Al Michaels at times sounded like there were other places he wanted to be.
Maybe he's thinking, "I gave up Sunday Night Football for this?"

I only caught a portion of Thursday Night Football last night, but Al Michaels at times sounded like there were other places he wanted to be.
Maybe he's thinking, "I gave up Sunday Night Football for this?"

At this point in his career, Michaels' primary interest with football games is how well he's doing with his bets.

I mean, dominant defense carrying a garbage offense is bog-standard tradition for the Ravens and the reason Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco have Super Bowl rings.

As a deprived Ben-Gals fan, I know the truthful 'pain' of which you speak.

A coworker tried mightily this week to get me into fantasy football. I told him, "I watched the Minnesota Vikings for 30 years, hoping they would get to the Super Bowl. Now I'm watching Baker Mayfield lead the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, hoping against hope they win at least eight games. What's more fantasy about football than that?" He gave up.

49ers/Rams at Levi's South today. Hopefully it's a good game and I'm in a better mood than last night when I saw the Giants Baseball team get swept in a Doubleheader to the Colorado Freaking Rockies. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back