NFL 2023: A different shade of green for Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bears are shifting their focus to remain in the City of Chicago with plans to build a new stadium south of Soldier Field, a source familiar with the team's plan told ESPN :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <5/5 rolleyes agree

They are contributing $2B of private funds, so there's that change of pace.

Last edited:
Russell Wilson to the Steelers for $1.21 million. The Broncos now only owe him $37,790,000 for 2024.
Looks like they're also trading Jerry Jeudy (a player who actually did something for that team) in exchange for a 5th and 6th round draft pick in an attempt to start rebuilding that broken team, along with some other adjustments to keep under the salary cap thanks to Wilson's free ride payday. Steelers got him for... well... a steal. What a goat rope... :mad:

Good news that the Bears are staying in Chicago and actually putting up a significant chunk of change to do so. It's a little unfortunate that the new stadium will have a dome, but I get it. They want to host Super Bowls and also be able to use the stadium for other events.

Big day in free agency.

Packers reportedly signing RB Josh Jacobs.
DT Christian Wilkins to the Raiders for four years, $110 million.
DE Jonathan Greenard to the VIings for four years, $76 million.
WR Gabe Davis to the Jags for three years, $39 million.
RB Tony Pollard to the Titans for three years, $24 million. Derrick Henry is done in Tennessee.
DE Bryce Huff to the Eagles for three years, $51.1 million.
RB Saquon Barkley to the Eagles for three years, $37.75 million.

And holy cow! Kirk Cousins signs a four-year, $180 million deal with the Falcons, $50 million bonus and $100 million guaranteed!!!

Last edited:
Damn. Didn't know he was looking for a new job. I now kind of wished Washington brought him back to give him another chance, now that Dark Heart is gone.

If Saquon can stay healthy for more than 5 minutes, the Eagles should take a step up with him in there.

Good news that the Bears are staying in Chicago and actually putting up a significant chunk of change to do so. It's a little unfortunate that the new stadium will have a dome, but I get it. They want to host Super Bowls and also be able to use the stadium for other events.
Didn't they have a SB in the new Meadowlands? Hell, maybe they can bring back auto racing to Soldiers Field, like they did way back when, or use it for the women's soccer team that was also looking for a stadium.

I think the fact that "you basically can't have a Superbowl without a dome" is pretty symbolic of exactly what sort of pampered affair the Super Bowl is now.

Congrats to Saquon Barkley and especially Kirk Cousins. Welcome to Nashville Brian Pollard but... I'm gonna miss King Henry.

Which sucks because the whole reason Paul Allen had Seahawks stadium was built that way was to accommodate a Super Bowl championship game; and the weather here isn't that bad in February. Mostly grey and light rain.

Pittsburgh went 10-7 last year. What do you think the over/under is going to be with Russell as quarterback?
I'm guessing less.

Considering that Pickett is the least productive starting QB in NFL history for years one and two, Wilson would be an upgrade. But do the Steelers want to admit they made a mistake or will they keep rolling with Pickett since Wilson cost nothing?

Bears pick up ex-Lion and ex-Eagle RB D'Andre Swift on a 3 year contract. Herbert, Foreman & Swift should make a nice stable of RBs if they can all stay healthy (assuming they keep Herbert & Foreman now).

Considering that Pickett is the least productive starting QB in NFL history for years one and two, Wilson would be an upgrade. But do the Steelers want to admit they made a mistake or will they keep rolling with Pickett since Wilson cost nothing?

Signing Wilson is an admission Pickett has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back