NFL 2022: The Fall of the "Immunized" Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by BlueStuff, Mar 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Apples & oranges. If the other quarterbacks expressed their views in a similar vocal manner (which, as far as I can tell, they never did), I guarantee that they would have been punted as well (pun not intended), especially since they are, agreed, far inferior in skill to Kaep. Instead, they kept their mouths shut, maintained professionalism and did their job.

And nobody believes that anyone in the NFL always hires "the best players in the world". If that were true, the Washington Whatevers wouldn't have sucked so bad for the past 3 decades! Sorry, this is a case of false equivalence.
    He did and said a lot more than just that and you know it. I never said it was just for kneeling. Lots of players do just that and don't get fired.

Again, false equivalence.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Did he do anything illegal? Or did he simply exercise his right to Free Speech that white conservatives constantly claim is under attack?

Face it, Kaepernick isn’t in the NFL because he had the audacity to make white people feel uncomfortable at football games. That is his crime, making white people feel uncomfortable. I really wish white people would be uncomfortable about giving a 22 times accused rapist $230 million dollars guaranteed, and be just as loud about it as they were about a man exercising his free speech rights.

Worf factor9, Thestral and 1001001 like this.
  3. 137th Gebirg

No. It's got nothing to do with black vs white, despite the best efforts of the media to once again drive a wedge between cultures in a craven grab for ratings. And of course it's not illegal. It is, however, called biting the hand that feeds you. If I (or anyone who exists in the real world, for that matter, regardless of skin color) were to go to some news outlet and call my current employer a "slave master", and it got broadcasted to tens of millions of viewers, I would probably not expect to have a job at said employer at the end of the day. Not only would I be fired for cause, I would quite probably be sued for defamation, slander and libel. It is literally just that simple. Again, this is the real world we're talking about, not the distorted pocket universe that is the NFL.

Because it's Kaep, a massive racial lampshade was hung on this whole dumpster fire because that's what gets ratings for the media that propped him up on a pedestal as a hero instead of just another disgruntled worker, like would have happened literally anywhere else. The fact that he's going BACK to said-slavers he so gleefully vilified (and made a metric ass-ton of money in the process), compounds his blatant hypocrisy. In the end, he has unequivocally proven that it was never about social justice. It was all about $$$$ and, at the time he was engaging in this action, it looked like a pretty lucrative gig for him. Now, only a couple of years later, the billionaire slave-masters of the legacy media have squeezed all the juice out of him that they could get for their own revenue and ratings. They have thrown him over their collective shoulders like an empty banana peel, in exactly the same way the NFL does to players with blown knees and permanent concussion damage. At least the NFL has better medical coverage for its employees and ex-employees. Bet he never saw that one coming.

Long-and-short of it, the money has run out for him and the social justice narrative, replete with all its heart-of-gold virtue signalling from the bully pulpit, has conveniently and quietly taken a backseat, hoping nobody would notice.

That last part amuses me.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kaepernick reminds me of Tebow, even though unlike Tebow he can actually play. Like Tebow, there have been vocal crowds clamoring for Kaepernick to start in the NFL for non-football reasons -- not simply be in the NFL, but start.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  5. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Racism, pure and simple. Kap was blackballed by the owners almost from the moment he first knelt during the national anthem. He was better, much better than a number of the broken down quarterbacks who were given tryouts and contracts , instead of him. I think he might still be better than some of the back upd in the league, today.
    He remained a very viable option for years after his last contract with the Niners ended, but the powers that be decided that he was too outspoken about racial injustice in America to play for their teams.

The cry that he is now .”too old” or has been out of the league too long are disingenuous and convenient cop outs for the real problem. Even the owners who would have liked to have had him on their teams were well aware of the “nature” of many in their fan bases and simply lacked the courage to do the right thing.

But, the good thing for Kap is that he will be remembered the same way Muhammad Ali and Kurt Flood are remembered, as a man who had the courage to risk it all for his principals, and for a worthy cause.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  6. BillJ

I knew media would make it into this. :lol:

Ever notice how you're looking to blame everyone for what is going on, except the people who actually blackballed him, the NFL owners?

7. 137th Gebirg

Oh, believe me, I’m no fan of any of the owners. It’s all about the Golden Rule: they who have all the gold, make all the rules. Doesn’t make it right, by any stretch. It’s simply reality. Wishing it away is a waste of effort.

At the end of the day, it honestly doesn’t matter what I think. It doesn’t matter what you think, or what anyone else here thinks. The only opinion that matters is the one whose job it is to evaluate Kaep for his potential return, should he actually pursue it, and his extra curricular behavior will be taken into account. The odds are not in his favor.

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

You were blaming all white people yesterday :guffaw:

The only truly nervous people would be the team owners and the NFL in general, and that's all it takes to keep the guy out of the NFL.

I wonder if he could get a gig in the USFL or XFL, or if he'd deign to take a job on one of those leagues.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Kaepernick got blacklisted because the ownership and fans were scared of the Black man kneeling for the National Anthem. It wasn't because he sucked (people still keep giving Blake Bortles shots, for fuck's sake), it was racism, pure and simple, and it shouldn't shock anyone, considering that this is a league that until 2021 used tests in player health evaluations that presumed Black players had lower base cognitive ability than white players. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and Occam's Razor does apply.

Thestral, 1001001, BillJ and 3 others like this.
  10. Aragorn

Didn't the XFL come calling in 2020 and he asked for an NFL-sized salary?

11. 137th Gebirg

12. BillJ

The owners are above reproach as long as people can find someone else to cast blame on.

If he had been in the XFL, they would've been trading on his name. Why wouldn't you ask for a huge salary? Oliver Luck was supposedly making between $10 and 20 million per year as the commissioner.

13. Aragorn

14. BillJ

15. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

How long until the Browns hire Urban Meyer before forgetting that Baker Mayfield is still on their roster?

BillJ likes this.
  16. Aragorn

Congress says the Washington Commanders spent years altering records to hide revenue to pocket for themselves, that they had two books -- one to share with the NFL with underreported ticket revenue, and the real one to share with Dan Snyder. They also didn't return security deposits to ticket holders and then converted those deposits into non-shareable revenue.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...es-money-visiting-teams-season-ticket-holders

17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

SRSLY? Congress has to get involved in this kinda shit? Not the FTC (who might now be getting involved) or SEC, or the NFL?

BillJ likes this.
  18. Aragorn

Derek Carr gets a three-year, $121.5M contract extension. Derek Carr?

BillJ likes this.
  19. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Still a better QB that what is available.

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Carr is decent.

I don't know if he's $40 million a year decent....

BillJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.