NFL 2022: The Fall of the "Immunized" Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by BlueStuff, Mar 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Any chance Watson still faces a suspension by the league?

2. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

My opinion is yes. I don't see how he won't get some kind of disciplinary action against him. But we'll see.

How does the NFL face it's female audience, which it is courting heavily, and not take some kind of action?

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Considering prosecutors declined to file criminal charges, most likely not, since all he has hanging over his head are civil lawsuits.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

No. He’ll bring full houses to either Atlanta or New Orleans, plus controversy is good for TV ratings. The only question is how is the NFL going to capitalize on this to make more money.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

At least two players have been suspended without criminal charges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_player_conduct_policy

ROFLisberger was only accused by, what, two women, but never charged. Ezekiel Elliot too.

Some policy when it's enforced this way, huh?

6. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Deshaun Watson has chosen the Cleveland Browns. Reports are that he gets a 5-year contract with $230 million fully guaranteed.

Waiting to see details on the haul that Cleveland dealt for him...

And, as an aside, the fact that this "Deshaun Watson Sweepstakes" thing even existed is so icky. How do Browns fans react to this?

Oh, and Watson could absolutely still be suspended by the league.

7. Timby

The AFC North went from having Big Ben to having Deshaun Watson. Is there some kind of hidden league rule that says the worst human being playing quarterback in the league has to be in that division?

8. BlueStuff

Initial reports say it's three first-round picks and two additional picks. I'm surprised there are no players going to Houston.

9. Spider

I wouldn't have guessed Cleveland to pick him up. At least it's done and hopefully the Texans can use those draft choices wisely. Which would be something new for them. LOL

10. Spider

The Browns receive: QB Deshaun Watson and a fifth-round pick.

The Texans receive: Three first-round picks, a third-round pick, and a fourth-round pick.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matt Millan has been introduced as the new Texans GM and he's going to draft five WR with those picks.

12. Timby

Per Ian Rapoport, despite signing a $230 million extension with the Browns, Watson's base salary for 2022 is only $1 million (the rest is in signing bonuses and other bonuses). So if he gets suspended, his per-game suspension only costs him about $55,000 per game.

The Browns literally suspension-proofed his contract. They're actively spitting in the face of women.

BillJ likes this.
  13. Spider

Watson is now the face of the Browns, and NOT the Texans. Thank the football gods for that.

14. BlueStuff

You got this guy:

[​IMG]

And that's not meant as a jab - as a Colts fan, I liked what Mills was showing towards the end of the season. I'm very interested to see if the Texans have something there.

15. Spider

The plans from the Texans organization this year (as they've stated in press reports) is to go with Mills this year as the starting QB. If that doesn't work out for them, 2023 is looking to have a much better crop of college QBs coming out than this year anyways. Mills is on a one year audition.

16. BillJ

Maybe it is this flu that I have talking, but I think I'm seriously done giving the NFL my time and money. There are things that should matter more than winning and profits. The NFL has completely lost any kind of moral compass.

fireproof78 likes this.
  17. Timby

They lost it when they refused to take any action against Ray Rice until the video of him knocking his wife around in an elevator surfaced and the Ravens forced his wife to issue a statement saying, "Janae Rice regrets her role in the incident."

To say nothing of how the league spent more than two decades actively covering up the effects of concussions and CTE.

BillJ likes this.
  18. BillJ

Yeah, I was younger and dumber back then...

19. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

It is really hard to be a sports fan these days.

fireproof78 and BillJ like this.
  20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's being reported that JuJu Smith-Schuster is going to Kansas City for one year, $10.75 million.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.