NFL 2017 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by the 4th hanson bro, Sep 3, 2017.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

The Rams have been very fortunate on the injury front so far this year (knock on wood).

That Sherman injury was just a freak thing. Looked like the turf monster got him.

BTW: Arizona looked totally inept without Palmer.

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Thursday Night Football will be the death of the NFL. IF (and that's a big IF) it is allowed to continue, the ONLY teams that play should be those who are coming off of a bye week. So you have 10 days of rest and recovery prior, and then 10 more after. Otherwise, it has to go.

The Lady Eve and 137th Gebirg like this.
  3. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

The Hawks can make it without Sherman. It won't be easy.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yep. Players have hated it for years for the lack of recovery time between games. It really was nothing more than an extra money grab by the League to oversaturate the market. I'm surprised it's still a thing, honestly.

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

We now know why Jerry Jones is making a stink about Roger Goodell's contract extension.

Scout is going to love this.

Admittedly if I dealt with assholes like Jones and Bob McNair on a daily basis, I'd want a raise, too, but holy shit. :lol:

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Well, his real argument is about Elliot, but he’d look like an asshole if he said that, so he’s sticking with the money instead. He had no problem with him when he was running Brady’s witch hunt....

7. 1001001

Hey, you were pretty close!

Tom Savage is the answer to a question no one asked.

Sorry.

8. 137th Gebirg

Redskins lost well tonight. Never thought they would beat the Vikings but the held their own and came close.

9. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Colts put up a fight against Pittsburgh but lose as expected. Now go on bye; two weeks of nothing but hoping that Luck's shoulder is healing properly.

10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

The Bears were the cure for what ails Green Bay.

Though, they did find a new way to lose with the challenge that cost them a possesion.

11. 1001001

That was hilarious. Done in by their own challenge.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Good looking game for the Pats, went into Denver and took care of business. Special Teams, a Belichick fetish, had a huge game and pretty much killed Denver right out of the gate. You know that got Bill going.

Nice to see Bennett come in and pick up right where he left off, too. interesting war of words with GB on this one, wonder what his options are. Are there any sort of repercussions about lying on a release, claiming it's the player's fault for failure to disclose injury? He claims he told them for several weeks in a row, got like 5 opinions, and then decided to get it taken care of since Rodgers was out and GB wasn't going anywhere anyway. They then dumped him and claimed he never said he was hurt. Screwy situation. He's STILL hurt, but willing to play through it if it doesn't get worse and the team is going somewhere, apparently. Either way, big change to the dynamic to have another big pass-catching TE out there, frees up Gronk to smash.

On to Mexico, I suppose.

13. 137th Gebirg

Eh...The Pats didn't win - Denver beat themselves and lost. :lol:

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

take away your favorite 3 TDs and the Pats still have enough points to win that one ;)

Sanders had a pretty impressive game, just didn't seem like there was much going on beyond that. The Defense never really showed up, Thomas had a couple catches but was otherwise invisible against the mighty (*snickers*) Gilmore, and there didn't appear to be a 3rd option to try for. It's been a pretty quick fall of the cliff for Denver lately. Like I said previously, though, it was kinda known when they went all-in for Manning that there would be the bill to pay later, and here it is. Got a ring, though, so can't really fault the decision to go for it. If Brock had panned out the first time, might have had a transition and kept it alive, but lack of QB has tanked the team, and then had to start breaking it up.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  15. 137th Gebirg

Oh, yes. Complete mismatch. I think even my old Skins, with all their injuries, could have brought a better showing to that game that Denver did. They would have lost, too, but not as horrendously, I don't think. Denver's got some serious work ahead of them in the off-season, cause their main regulation season is pretty much done, now, I think.

16. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

And this wasn't bodysuit man, this was a real, old school streaker.

17. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tonight's matchup between the Titans and Steelers will resemble a video game, with the camera situated behind the QB for the majority of the game. Puts something new into the viewing experience, I guess. We'll see how it works.

18. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

The NFL has sent a letter to Jerry Jones accusing him of engaging in "conduct detrimental to the league," which is a precursor to proceedings that could force him out of ownership.

Drag the league to court for nearly two years over Ballghazi, whatever. Hold up Goodell's contract extension, death to you. :lol:

19. 137th Gebirg

Wow...what a dumpster fire the NFL has become.

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

To be fair, the KRAFTS didn't take anyone to court, the NFL PA did on behalf of Brady. Kraft made noise about it, but didn't for exactly this reason I suppose.

That, and the NFL got in on it too. It was over a couple times, but NFL also appealed decisions when they lost, so not like it was all one-sided. Brady just lost the last one, which meant elevating to the Supreme Court, which meant enough was enough.