NFL 2016 Off-season: What exactly are we supposed to do now?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jedi_Master, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I hope the Bears trade down as rumored, so they can get 2 or 3 more picks overall.

We need a lot of back-ups after plugging some holes via free agency.

2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I guess to answer the title question, we could talk about Deflategate again :barf:

Brady's suspension is back on, according to the appeals ruling release today in a 2-1 decision.

Extremely frustrating experience this whole thing has been, just about going to the Supreme Court while arguing about what should have amounted to at most a speeding ticket. When traffic was all going the same speed. And the cop's radar was out of calibration. And may as well toss in that the cop intentionally profiled you/singled you out. And the argument winning the day at the moment is that the cop was within his rights to shoot you in the knee instead of issuing a warning or even a ticket.

Ugh...

3. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Brady hadn't appealed, the suspension would have been over and done with last season — along with all the hand wringing by those who actually give a crap. :nyah:

137th Gebirg likes this.
  4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

To be fair, it would have been over and done with as well if the NFL hadn't appealed after Brady won the last round. :p

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

And this is just one of many ways in which the NFLPA got completely rolled in the last round of CBA negotiations, as I've said. De Smith didn't bother to take two seconds to think about the implications of the clause changes granting the commissioner's office essentially unfettered power in handing down discipline. And, historically, courts don't interfere in disciplines issued through collectively bargained agreements unless there's something specifically violating labor law.

6. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True, if you look at time in a non—linear way. :devil:

7. Ar-Pharazon

In round 1, the Bears traded up a few spots and gave up their 4th round pick. In round 2, they traded down and got Buffalo's 4th round pick.

Weird process.

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I was hoping the Rams were going to take Wentz. Goff strikes me as a Foles-level talent. I don't know, I hope I'm wrong, but I've been down this road before (I'm looking at you, Sam Bradford).

Anyway just waiting for tickets to go on sale. There's one weekend where both USC and the Rams are home, so I'm headed down for that. I can't wait!

:beer:

Jedi_Master likes this.
  9. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

The Texans will win the next six super bowls while having a perfect season each year. :)

10. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

11. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

So damn! Dallas acquires Manziel. I thought Denver was desperate going after both Kaeperneck and Dirty Sanchez, but old Jerry Jones must be totally off his nut thinking Manziel is going to bring anything to the table other than heartache and strife. It's going to be a very interesting season.

12. 1001001

13. Ar-Pharazon

But to be fair, old Jerry Jones really is totally off his nut, Manziel or no.

The only question is, how long before Manziel is in jail, or dead?

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Well, he's under indictment for domestic assault, isn't he?

15. Ar-Pharazon

and being sued for damaging a hotel room....and who knows what else. The current downward spiral will end one way or the other.

16. 137th Gebirg

He does seem to have been a bit of a persistent train wreck for quite some time. Probably why I thought his Dallas connection was news, since I actually started paying attention! :D

Unless all contracts are signed, Jerry would be very smart to stay away from that one. I got no problem with second chances (although being a dog person I had a different attitude in the one case of Michael Vick), but if someone like that consistently shows he's either unable or unwilling to clean his game up and at least pretend to act like a professionally, he really should be packed away somewhere.

17. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Or maybe the NFL could have acted like adults and conducted the investigation in a fair and unbiased matter. But that would have helped the Patriots, so it's okay. As long as they get screwed I'm sure everyone is happy.

18. 137th Gebirg

With Goodell in charge? Not ever bloody likely!

No matter what anyone's opinion is on either side of the Brady/Pats issue, the one universally agreed-upon constant is that Goodell is a 5-star asshat, ill-suited to arbitrate on this or any other issue of substance.

This is funny, though: "NFL says hacker posted false tweet that Roger Goodell died". :lol:

19. JeffinOakland

JeffinOakland Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does Johnny Manziel ever wear a NFL uniform again?

20. 1001001

Someone will get desperate enough at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.