New Borg Origin Theory?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by KamenRiderBlade, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Uh-oh, the dreaded words.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Or, you could watch the video yourself, get what you want out of it to create a meaningful discussion, and then make a post that we all can read instead of making us watch a vid that none of us really want or need to watch in the first place.

Paul Weaver, lazarus+, KennyB and 2 others like this.
  3. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Please read the board rules. There’s a link to them in one of the posts pinned to the top of this forum.

4. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IC

5. KamenRiderBlade

I did watch it, and I wanted you all to watch it.
    It's easier to get the meaning of the original posters intent by watching their content then paraphrasing it.

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If I wanted to watch YouTube, I would be over there watching it.

Markonian, lazarus+ and KennyB like this.
  7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Well, that’s assuming that any of us want to watch a 19 minute video posted by some internet schmuck who uses a piece of crap as his avatar. In my judgment it would have been better to just make your own post about the subject. That way you’ll actually get meaningful responses instead of people getting annoyed at you.

lazarus+ and BillJ like this.
  8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope Picard doesn’t give us one. The Destiny one is fine but I prefer them to be a mystery.

9. KamenRiderBlade

I'm not going to claim credit for ideas that were created by another person. I'm going to link to the appropriate source.

If it was my idea, I would just write it out. But this idea wasn't mine. So sorry, not going to steal another persons idea.

10. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Or, you could quote the source but not post his video. Crazy, huh?

KennyB likes this.
  11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the point has probably been made...

NCC-73515, BillJ and Dukhat like this.
  12. KamenRiderBlade

The source was his discussion of the idea in video form. So I did quote "The Source".

13. Tim Thomason

Tim Thomason Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was an interesting video, and an intriguing idea I never ran across before. The connections between the Borg and the blastoneurons are many and very coincidental.

Unfortunately, the source of the video gave everyone a knee jerk reaction, as he has posted many YouTube videos derogatory of the current direction of Star Trek and his very name seems almost vitriolic towards Star Trek, although I'm sure there's a reason (I don't feel like investigating further, atm). These two factors contributed towards almost all other viewers of this thread to dismiss the video entirely without a second's glass. I am sorry about that.

I enjoy reviews and analyses with an injection of humor, and this is clearly one of them, although I don't find the theory very convincing, as it still must rely on time travel to counter the Vaadwaur problem.

14. KamenRiderBlade

Not really, those Flying Parasitic Ravioli like things could've spread by hitch hiking over other FTL species and forced them to do their bidding. The Borg could've been made very long ago and only fairly recently did they reach that planet that Kirk visited.

I think it's within the realm of plausibility since we don't know what kind of FTL technologies other species have.

15. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Not hostile just telling you the same thing numerous people have.............plus by posting links it looks like you are trying to get views and therefore revenue for this guy. Better to post your ideas on the video and give credit, but others have told you this already.

Lord Garth likes this.
  16. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Here's an example of how it's done:

I posted a YouTube Video of mine (that I make no money off of) in this thread, but I also provided a detailed opening post about what I thought and why.

I did this so I could get the discussion started and so people would know what I was bringing to the table in case they didn't watch the video. If they watched, great. If not, they'd still know the points I wanted to make.

17. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Agreed @Lord Garth great example of how to do it.

Qonundrum likes this.
  18. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Plop Guy says the Borg started as the fried egg plastic novelty puke critters from the season 1 episode where Spock is infected and is cured by McCoy shining light for him to look at. Also, ultraviolet light isn't all that cozy to humans either if exposure is prolonged as well but the exposure time was fairly limited and intensity was probably little more than what was needed to fry the suckers to begin with...

Plop Guy then goes on to say that the plastic puke things used telepathy to control humans into building ships for them.

I sorta stopped there as I was already clicking at variable sections of the timeline to get the gist of it and had seen the bit about his implant before the fake vomit prop revelation. There's bound to be a connection where the plastic practical joke landfill fodder decides to embed an Intel 80286 inside a human and, voila, Ernest BORG-Nine is born.

lazarus+ likes this.
  19. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I don't mind a posting of a video that someone may find interesting, however, Just posting it saying Watch It and thats it won't work.
    Post the video, and provide a synopsis of what he/she/it said Don't have to Ruin the whole video, but say what made you want' to post it. That way if the synopsis is interesting we may watch it, or just discuss it here

On that, I Love the Destiny version, and they clean it up quite well, not a big Blow everything up ending.. :)

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

As far as the Borg go, I'm more than happy with the idea that they were originally just a species/culture whose technology got away from them. It seem more fitting for the Trek universe.