New 2017 titles and blurbs - DTI, McCormack DS9, and more!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, Oct 18, 2016.

1. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Could be another Lost Era novel as well.

2. Jinn

Jinn Mistress of the Chaotic Energies Rear Admiral

Um, why? I mean, has that anything to do with the new DRG3 novel, or am I missing something?

That would be great too.

Markonian likes this.
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Una McCormack has also written DS9 in that time, The Missing in 2014, and Enigma Tales, which will come out this June.

4. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

I hope this is the case!

5. Jinn

I haven't read The Missing yet (and Enigma Tales, obviously...) but I was under the impression that it was a side story like Force and Motion and that the DRG3 books advanced the overall story.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, sorry, I didn't see where you said main DS9 storyline, I thought you just said DS9.

7. Jinn

I would never forget any contribution by Una McCormack :biggrin:

8. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well someone said it could be a TOS novel. It could be a Voyager novel. It could be anything really.

9. Jinn

Well, it could be anything but seeing as DRG3 only wrote DS9, TOS and TLE it seems more likely that it is one of those. Also, I absolutely hate the idea of Kirsten leabing VGR. That would be really, really terrible.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

DRG did write Voyager, he co-wrote the story for the episode Prime Factors.

Jinn likes this.
  11. Jinn

Huh, I did not know that. I have no memory of that episode at all, so I'll rewatch it tomorrow.

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, Prime Factors. Definitely a contribution to the aliens with silly costumes list.

13. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know David and Una have Ds9 novels coming out and I was excited we're getting new stories coming out from these writers.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  14. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

There is an old saying about making assumptions. As for a third DS9 book this year as written by Dave the Third, I'd rather he didn't play in that sand box any more, the quality of his story telling has declined radically.

I bloody hope not, although if anyone was to take over the mantle of KMFB and Voyager, I'd rather have @Christopher with a fucking brilliant editor watching his back.

What? I think I can see what you're trying to say, but it hurts my head trying to decipher what you wrote.

15. Jinn

I am not really a big fans of his recent works, but they were tolerable. I liked his Typhon Pact books and the DS9 story in Revelation and Dust was quite good, the Kira story terrible and his two other DS9 novels I haven't finished yet, but I found them readable.

KMFB leaving Voyager is probably the worst thing that could happen to TrekLit right now, but if that happened Christopher would be the person I'd trust the most with picking up the mantle. Of course that would mean that we'd get less new RotF and DTI stories.

Idran and Brefugee like this.
  16. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If DRGIII has a new Trek novel later this year, I'd love for it be more Enterprise-B in the Lost Era series. :D

17. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've had my fill of the Enterprise-B. I'm hoping we're done with that for a while.

18. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I prefer a story about Captain Sulu on the Excelsior (A?) in the 24th century

19. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry about my previous post my internet crashed before I got to edit my previous post to say I was so glad that David Mack and Una had new Ds9 books coming out this year. I'm also glad we get another Enterpise Novel and the new Voyager book by Kirsten Beyer.I really like her novels.

20. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That could be good aswell, although no Excelsior-A please. Either Excelsior with a new registry, or a story set on the old Excelsior