• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Need some star trek help.

Darketernal

Cadet
Newbie
So, i'm from Europe, Netherlands and i just don't know where to watch the star trek series. For me, the paramount website is just completely blocked off, i can't use it or pay for it even if i wanted to watch star trek. Other websites only seem to offer a limited amount or incomplete series. Does anyone know where you can just watch everything , it's not really a money issue but more of a possibility issue for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
So, i'm from Europe, Netherlands and i just don't know where to watch the star trek series. For me, the paramount website is just completely blocked off, i can't use it or pay for it even if i wanted to watch star trek. Other websites only seem to offer a limited amount or incomplete series. Does anyone know where you can just watch everything , it's not really a money issue but more of a possibility issue for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Something called "SkyShowtime" came up when I asked.
 
Something called "SkyShowtime" came up when I asked.

Right now, SkyShowTime has Strange New Worlds, Discovery, Starfleet Acadamy, Enterprise and Prodigy as complete series (or still running).
Then two seasons of Picard, and two of Lower Decks.
All of Picard can be found on Amazon Prime.

I'm Dutch as well, and ever since Netflix removed all of their Star Trek content, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY are not available anywhere. There is hope SkyShowTIme will get them again, but we just don't know.
 
Can the digital episodes and seasons be bought from someplace like Amazon?

If not, legally, your only other option would be purchasing discs.
 
Can the digital episodes and seasons be bought from someplace like Amazon?

If not, legally, your only other option would be purchasing discs.


Sadly, not everything is on Prime. TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY are nowhere.
Disco and parts of SNW can be bought on Prime, other seasons of SNW and ENT can only be watched either on SkyShowTime itself OR by adding an subscription to SkyShowTime via Prime.
It's really weird, because Paramount has decided to NOT have their streaming service come to the Netherlands. Instead they chose to work with Comcast and create SkyShowTime. Now, I know rights issues mean that it's unclear who can stream what and when. But SkyShowTime at one time had all of Star Trek. ALL of it. Now just parts, and as far we can tell, Paramount HAS the rights to the other shows, but simply chooses not to put them on SkyShowTime.
 
Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, I think your only (legal) option may be purchasing the various series on physical media, assuming your budget permits that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kkt
Would a VPN be a possible solution? I've heard of people using them to use streaming services outside of their homeland, although I know it's not meant to be done it's still 100% legal AFAIK.
 
Would a VPN be a possible solution? I've heard of people using them to use streaming services outside of their homeland, although I know it's not meant to be done it's still 100% legal AFAIK.

I believe it is indeed legal, but they can take steps to stop you from using it.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top