Game Name That Star Trek CHARACTER

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by NovaStar, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    You're hungry ... for the correct answer.

Mentioning Dr. Adams is a bad idea, but mentioning Helen Noel is always a good idea. Still, neither one is the correct character.

Clue Review and New Clue
    Clue # 1
    Oops, sorry for that idea, but I thought is was the smart move.
    Clue #2 It was my idea and due to my insistence, but not on my order, so I'm off the hook. -not that it really matters now.
    Clue # 3 Daystrom was trying to recapture past glory, but the correct character was perhaps trying to capture first glory.
    Clue # 4 If not for the ill-fate of this mission, I might have gotten friends of my kind involved.
    Clue #5 Now we have other ones left over for their original purpose. Time to die. If I had survived, I could have benefited from a good lesson by remembering his experienced instinct not to trust.
    Clue #6 They say progress is 2 steps forward and 1 step back. But, two steps back is not a sign of progress. I'm thinking of those friends of my kind again.

Clue #7 One mistake and I was reduced to dragging a dead body. Still, that was a glorious idea and another lesson I could have carried from this experience, had we survived.

2. Henoch

Henoch Glowing Globe Premium Member

The emotional and angry Mister Boma?
    1. It was his idea to "hit them hard. Give them a bloody nose. Make them think twice about attacking us."
    2. Spock agrees and orders the demonstration of strength. This act fails. The aliens attack even more.
    3. Glory of discovery new info about quasars.
    4. The Galileo crashes which shuts down any further research.
    5. Defeatist attitude about their survival chances.
    6. Two steps back are his two crew mates killed, namely Misters Latimer and Gaetano.
    7. He's insistent in burying Gaetano who is in the back of the shuttle.

By the way, you do survive the mission, Mister Boma. :vulcan:

Phaser Two likes this.
  3. Henoch

Mister Boma's last line in the episode:
    BOMA: We need that fuel to maintain orbit. Are you out of your mind?
    It would have nice to see a "thank you, Mister Spock"...:vulcan:

4. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

And then he turned up on the bridge at the end, ho-ho-hoing at Spock's antics. He should have been in the brig awaiting trial. Along with McCoy.

5. Steven P Bastien

Henoch, you made an impressive attempt to fit the clues to Mister Boma, but as you pointed out, Mr. Boma survives.

Consider the alternatives,

... and the next clue.

Clue #8 Even though I'm not a doctor or a nurse, I offered to tend to the casualty, but I was told that there was no need.

6. Phaser Two

Oh, it's Decius. He contacts home and gives the ship away, but it's the Praetor's idea. He was trying to capture first glory, we are told he has friends, he dies, he is reduced two steps in rank, he drags the dead body of the poor centurion, and he offers to tend to said centurion, but is told there is no need.

Henoch and MarsWeeps like this.
  7. Steven P Bastien

Phaser Two you are correct. You are raised 2 steps in rank and now have the glory of the kill.

You explained it well. Adding to that, the idea of Decius was to finish the Enterprise off after it was damaged. His commander didn't want to do it because he did not trust Kirk. But the final attack was on the Commander's order, not under Decius' order, who was trying to steal the glory. Also, the "other ones left over" are the atomic bombs intended for self destruction.

Congrats and you have the next round.

Henoch and MarsWeeps like this.
  8. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

A little off topic post here. I grew up on Star Trek TOS when it was in syndication so all the episodes were shown in random order. Balance of Terror confused me because Mark Lenard's Romulan Commander character looked identical to Sarek. For the longest time I wondered why Sarek was on the Romulan ship, especially based on the Enterprise crew's reaction when they first saw the Romulan Commander. They all turned and looked at Spock, and I interpreted that to mean they were asking "What's your father doing on that ship?" :wtf:

Phaser Two and Steven P Bastien like this.
  9. Steven P Bastien

In reverse order, Spock might have also wondered why his old rival Stonn was on a Romulan warship.

MarsWeeps likes this.
  10. Phaser Two

Ah, got it. Thanks, SPB. I thought I might be missing some key information! Great clues.

Mars Weeps, I think I might have had a similar reaction about Sarek/the Romulan Commander. You just brought that back for me. :bolian:

And now . . . .

11. Phaser Two

1. You know, that slip-up was so good I think I'll repeat it.

12. Steven P Bastien

Let's start the ball rolling with Lazarus. He slips more than once. But, perhaps that's not correct because he slips down. Maybe he should stop walking on cliffs.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Henoch likes this.
  13. Henoch

Captain Kirk?
    In the Changeling, Kirk puts Nomad with two security guards, who get disintegrated by Nomad, then Kirk does it again, puts Nomad with two more guards, who also get disintegrated. Good judgement there, Kirk. :thumbdown:

Steven P Bastien likes this.
  14. Phaser Two

Kill! Kill! Kill! That incorrect guess!

And for incorrect guess, read: Henoch. :biggrin::beer:

2. On another occasion, thank goodness I was paying attention when a higher-ranking officer planted some helpful seeds for a little farther down the road.

15. Henoch

Matt Decker?
    1. First, he gets his ship near-destroyed. Then, he wants to repeat this mistake with the Enterprise.
    2. Commodore Decker is a higher rank than Captain Kirk. The seed he planted was to fly a ship down the throat of the Doomsday Machine and blow it up inside the beast.

16. Phaser Two

Don't you think I know that???

Nay. In the case of Clue the Second, it would be Kirk who was paying attention to Decker's example, not the reverse.

2. On another occasion, thank goodness I was paying attention when a higher-ranking officer planted some helpful seeds for a little farther down the road.
    3. Then there was the time I played a little game of "pick a card, any card" with a brash young officer.

17. Henoch

Charlie Evans?
    1. Vanishing first Sam, then later Janice.
    2. CHEF [OC]: Sir, I put meat loaf in the ovens. There's turkeys in there now. Real turkeys.
    3. Card trick on Janice.

Phaser Two likes this.
  18. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I was also thinking Charlie but clue 3 seemed way too obvious for a Phaser Two clue. :)

19. Henoch

I play the cards that are handed to me. :whistle:

20. Phaser Two

That answer makes me want to continue to PLAY PLAY PLAY PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No.

3. Then there was the time I played a little game of "pick a card, any card" with a brash young officer.
    4. Well, I had all sorts of interaction with the head guy. I worked for another important dude. I, heh, sort of came after yet another significant chap. I took a look at the young guy more than once and I was friends with her. But the other two main guys? Yeah, no, hardly ever interacted, sorry.