Game Name That Star Trek CHARACTER

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by NovaStar, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Steven P Bastien

Steven P Bastien Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3 steps ahead of where I was 2 seconds ago
    I'll post a clue review with some hints and explicitly state a clue that I was hinting at several times.

Clue #1 I've had a change of heart. (and I don't mean any kind of medical procedure)
    Clue #2 Here I am, and there you are. (one part of this is more important than the other)
    Clue #3 Some nights I'm more upset than others. (one night was particularly upsetting)
    Clue #4 The mystery character is a true human of earth ancestry.

Those clues seem very very general. Don't they? I think it can be done, but maybe it's too general. We'll see. An incorrect guess or an explicit request will generate the next clue which will be more focused.

2. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

Larry Marvick?
    1. First he loves Miranda, then he hates her (after he goes insane).
    2. When he goes into Engineering, he asks for Scotty. Scotty replies, "Ah, there, Marvick" from up in the EMM.
    3. At night, he goes into Kollos' quarters to kill him, but gets zapped by Kollos then goes insane. A bad night, indeed.
    4. Definitely Earthern.

3. Steven P Bastien

Excellent Guess, but Marvick's dying words to Miranda are "I love you". Even insanity can not permanently change his heart in the end.

Clue #5

Apparently, my presence can make a person easier to handle.

4. Steven P Bastien

Hmmm. No guesses in a while. I fear my clues are too vague. If anyone thinks there is enough information and is still mulling it over, I'll give till tomorrow morning to let you tell me to wait. Otherwise, Tuesday (7/23/2019) morning I'll put the next clue.

5. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Is it Losira?

6. Steven P Bastien

Hmmm. Well, Losira is not a true human of earthly decent, even originally. And the Losira we see is not even alive. But, I like your method of getting the new clue earlier. :)

Clue review and new clue are as follows.

Clue #1 I've had a change of heart. (and I don't mean any kind of medical procedure)
    Clue #2 Here I am, and there you are. (one part of this is more important than the other)
    Clue #3 Some nights I'm more upset than others. (one night was particularly upsetting)
    Clue #5 Apparently, my presence can make a person easier to handle.

New Clue
    Clue #6 Please excuse the linguistic barbarism, but I'm the namesake of someone admiralable.

7. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I’m still on vacation, so I’m only in sub light speed.:ack:

Steven P Bastien likes this.
  8. Henoch

[​IMG]
    Flint?

1. First, he pushes Rayna on Kirk, then gets jealous and wants her back.
    2. Watching everyone on the Flint-o-viewer in his study.
    3. The rats!
    4. He a human from Earth.
    5. Strolling along with M4 death machine.
    6. His historic names were: Brahms; da Vinci; Solomon; Alexander; Lazarus (but not our two friends from The Alternate Factor); Methuselah, Merlin...
    MCCOY: You have been such men. You've known and created such beauty. You've watched your race evolve from cruelty and barbarism throughout your enormous life, and yet now you would do this to us?

9. Steven P Bastien

Very good answer and reasoning. Makes me want to change my character to that, but rules are rules. I'm wondering if you missed the spelling on the last word in clue 6. It's not a real word, but is a "linguistic barbarism" of a sort. Just want to point that out to everyone. It's a critical part of the clue.

New clue as follows ...

Clue #5 Apparently, my presence can make a person easier to handle.
    Clue #6 Please excuse the linguistic barbarism, but I'm the namesake of someone admiralable.

New Clue
    Clue #7 A girl cute enough and a name real enough for wonderland.

10. gakelly

gakelly Commander Red Shirt

I can only think of about 3 characters and none of them really fit clues 6 and 7.
    I am guessing that #6 refers to a real life admiral?

11. Steven P Bastien

So, I will give a hint on number 6. It's not a real life person, but another character. And that character is not an admiral. Think about what a made up word like "admiralable" might mean. and what character or characters in TOS are the namesake of such a person. I know there are at least 2, but one will be clearly eliminated by clue 7.

12. Henoch

Jamie Finney?
    1. First she blames Kirk, then she forgives him for her father's death.
    2. Her first script words are, "There you are."
    3. She was upset that night when she learned Kirk may have killed her father.
    4. Born on Earth while both Kirk and Finney were at Starfleet Academy together.
    5. The plan was that Ben Finney would be easier to handle if Jamie was there.
    6. Named after James Kirk, who might one day become an admiral.
    7. Played by Alice Rawlings.

Phaser Two and Steven P Bastien like this.
  13. Steven P Bastien

Congrats to to you Henoch! You nailed every explanation perfectly. Thank you for saving me. I was running out of clue ideas. Your turn now.

14. Henoch

Clues 1 and 6 got it for me. New game:

1st Clue: Perhaps nervous when Kirk is off the bridge.

15. Steven P Bastien

I'm going to take a long shot on this. Amanda Grayson who is the mother of Spock. She was very nervous when Kirk was incapacitated and recuperating in sickbay (and hence off the bridge) because Spock refused to help her husband while his duty was on the bridge in Kirk's place.

16. Henoch

Not Spock's mommy.

2nd Clue: What's my ship's duty, again? I guess they haven't figured it out, yet.

17. Steven P Bastien

What about Lt. Leslie? They keep changing his duties (and his shirts) and even kill him and bring him back to life. Then there was "The Squire of Gothos" episode where he is on the bridge when suddenly Kirk disappears and is suddenly "off the bridge". Perhaps that could make him nervous along with everyone else who was on the bridge.

18. Henoch

Nope, not Leslie.

3rd Clue: Well, if I'm going to do Mr. Scott's work, then when do I get fitted for a new red uniform?

19. Steven P Bastien

Lee Kelso, featured in "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

1. He calls down to Kirk from the bridge when Kirk is playing Chess with Spock. He could be nervous about what to do with the object because Kirk is not on the bridge. He say's to Kirk, "We can bring it on board If you want to risk it". Why is he saying "risk" if he is not nervous about it. He is also nervous when he shows Kirk the burned out points that Gary told him about. Neither of them are on the bridge at that point.

2. Kelso's duty is ambiguous because he is clearly the navigator, but he ends up talking to Gary about repairs he is making and later Kelso is installing equipment and even in charge of the self destruct button.

3. Kelso does not have a red uniform on, but he is doing engineering work. Well, Scotty does not have one either, so they both need to get fitted. By the way, since Kelso gets brutally choked to death, that's another reason he needed a red shirt.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Phaser Two likes this.
  20. Henoch

[​IMG]
    Winner. It is poor Lee Kelso. There was great character development throughout the episode prior to killing him off. His death was shocking. You have the game @Steven P Bastien.

1st Clue: The nervous line I reference is Gary Mitchell's opinion to Kirk and Spock at the turbolift:
    MITCHELL: Yeah, well I figured you weren't on the Bridge. Kelso's voice sounded a little nervous.
    Correct on the other clues.
    2nd Clue: As to his duties, He seems to be the Navigator (Gary Mitchell seems to be the Helmsman), and he also seemed to be in charge of ship operations (main viewer, sensors, deflectors, etc.) on the bridge:
    1. KIRK: Screen on. KELSO: Screen on, sir. Approaching galaxy edge, sir.
    2. SPOCK: Sensor beam on. KELSO: Sensor beam on, sir.
    3. SPOCK: Deflectors full intensity. KELSO: Deflectors full intensity.
    3rd Clue: Later, he is inspecting ship damage (the infamous impulse pack points), and in charge of getting ship replacement parts off Delta Vega. He must be part of Engineering division (salmon shirt in this episode and red shirt for the rest of the series). Kirk even noted him in his log:
    Captain's log, Star date 1313.3. Note commendations on Lieutenant Kelso and the engineering staff.

Phaser Two likes this.