Game Name That Star Trek CHARACTER

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by NovaStar, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

[wordless shake of the head]

RubySlipppers and ItsGreen like this.
  2. StefanM

StefanM Commander Red Shirt

The Captain of the USS Defiant? (The Tholian Web)
    Less than 6 dead people on the bridge, but not the first we see. [played by Paul Baxley]
    Captain of a Starship.
    Both Universes... The Defiant reappeares in ENT, in the mirror universe, we see the captain again, and his quarters, but he still gets no name. [now played by Eric Warfield]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    RubySlipppers likes this.
  3. Phaser Two

[unable to respond negatively due to severe MINS (mutineer-induced neckbreaking syndrome)]

Methuselah Flint and StefanM like this.
  4. Phaser Two

I give two new clues for you and your gallant crew.

1. I am one of fewer than six, though not the first.
    2. Although my abilities are not shown, it is clear that I am quite an influential person. Well, over certain people, anyway.
    3. I am nameless . . . across both universes.
    4. My function on my team is not clear, and I am last seen (live anyway) leaving the scene of the crime.
    5. I have better fashion sense than some of my associates.

5. StefanM

StefanM Commander Red Shirt

To follow up on ItsGreen's idea:
    the last one of Sulu's henchmen in the mirror universe who was killed by the tantalus device?

6. Phaser Two

I touch it . . . and your wrong guess dies!

7. Phaser Two

2. Although my abilities are not shown, it is clear that I am quite an influential person. Well, over certain people, anyway.
    4. My function on my team is not clear, and I am last seen (live anyway) leaving the scene of the crime.
    6. Defensive moves? It's all in the wrist.

8. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The unnamed female Scalosian?

One of five, but near the bottom in leadership.
    We don't know her technical, scientific etc abilities. However, she clearly has an influence over Compton to make him switch his loyalty so 'rapidly' (pardon the pun).
    Indeed. I think only three Scalosians are credited. It occurred to me that essentially the Scalosians live in another universe. Not physically, but time-wise. 'Both' suggests the fact we see the female, (and the entire party) on the viewscreen in 'our' universe.
    We last see her transport from the scene of the hijacking crime - the Enterprise - back to Scalos.
    Indeed, particularly the shiny silver costumes the men wear.
    6. Defensive moves? It's all in the wrist.
    I don't think she actually assaults anyone, but Deela refers to the fact that a scratch (using the wrist) could kill a non-Scalosian who has been accelerated.

Phaser Two, Henoch and BK613 like this.
  9. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

@Methuselah Flint I don't know if that is the right answer but it is a great answer, none the less.

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  10. Phaser Two

Agreed - and it happens to be both! Methuselah Flint is NOT to be trifled with at this game. (Neither are you!) More in a moment.

Methuselah Flint and BK613 like this.
  11. Phaser Two

[​IMG]

Great job, Methuselah Flint!!

The character is indeed the unnamed female Scalosian. Your answers were excellent and in two cases, actually diverged from what I was thinking but in very interesting ways:

Exactly.

Heh. Just so. Compton tells Kirk that he met "this girl" and that he's never known anyone like her. I've always found this interesting because she does not speak in the episode and, while we can probably assume that she's a scientist/engineer like the other three non-Deela Scalosians, we have no idea what she does or can do. I do, however, find fascinating the idea of her seducing or infatuating Compton while the two stroll around - and climb around - the Enterprise and he shows her the operation of the ship. Poor kid.

You're right. Apart from Deela and Rael, only the Scalosian who says, "Cell damage" when assessing Compton after Rael hurts him is credited. His name is given as Ekor (and the actor who played him, Erik Holland, who passed away just about a year ago (RIP), has a truly huge list of TV and movie credits). The third male appears younger than Rael and Ekor and is not credited, nor is the woman we're discussing here.

Your interpretation of my "universes" clue is terrific! I really like that. I actually meant the Star Trek universe where the characters live and our universe where Star Trek is a TV show, because the actress who plays the unnamed female Scalosian has to this day never been identified. (Memory Alpha, citing the script, says that the character's name was Mira and the unnamed male's name was Kir.)

Nailed it.

Right! I won't engage in an assessment of her attire relative to that of Deela, Queen of Scalos, but the men's costumes are one of the most unfortunate aspects of an episode that I absolutely love.

She does not assault anyone. We see her three times, I believe, part from her appearances on the taped distress call. First, she crosses from the left side of the camera to the right when Kirk is talking to Compton outside environmental engineering, leading Shatner to give a look that I would lay good money was no one's idea but his. Since he has only seen Deela in person to that point, it may have been intended to communicate something like "Wait, do all of them . . . well . . . are all of them so . . . .?" Second, she appears in the scene depicted above as Compton dies, and third, she is briefly shown transporting off the ship with Ekor and "Kir."

Your explanation is great. I was referring to the cool wrist-mounting of the Scalosian weapons.

Great job!!! This was a fun one and I didn't bore everyone for 15 clues' worth of time.

Mr. Flint? You have the conn! :techman:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Henoch, Methuselah Flint and BK613 like this.
  12. Methuselah Flint

Wow! Thank you!!

I will respond in the next day or so, and start a new game up!

Wink isn't in my top five, but I do enjoy it.

More and more nowadays, I tend to prefer the 'bottle' shows, and Wink takes full advantage of the Enterprise sets.

Phaser Two likes this.
  13. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

Weren't all of the TOS episodes "bottle" shows? :rommie: :beer:

Good game, @Phaser Two. :techman:

Phaser Two likes this.
  14. Methuselah Flint

Would someone else like a go?

15. Phaser Two

Thanks! And hey, nothing bottled about Vasquez Rocks!

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  16. Methuselah Flint

I may as well resume...

Clue #1
    Speak I do not, but smile I do plenty.

17. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

The organian council member without lines dialogue.

Phaser Two likes this.
  18. ItsGreen

ItsGreen Captain Captain

Isis the cat, as a woman she doesn't speak but still purrs!
    [​IMG]

Phaser Two likes this.
  19. Methuselah Flint

Neither of these, but they are both great guesses!

Clue # 2
    One of the unwritten 'requirements' of my job is to not speak and not smile. Despite the occasion, it probably did my face a little good.

20. Methuselah Flint

Clue # 3
    And I even get to spend time with the mystery character of the week, albeit briefly.