Game Name That Star Trek CHARACTER

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by NovaStar, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Humboldt?

2. StefanM

StefanM Commander Red Shirt

Humbolt is a great guess, but no redshirt, so again no.
    I guess, we need another clue:

Clue #3:
    I would have won all these games, because I know all their names.

3. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. StefanM

Van Gelder sounds rather dutch. Maybe people from the Netherlands might know the name. But the name is absolutely NOT german, it's just that only Germans know it. So think about unknown names.
    But talking about Germany......

Clue #4
    (Although I have absolutely nothing to do with Germany,) Germany gave me something, that Harry Kim never got.

5. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

Angela Martine/Teller/Lysa? :luvlove:
    1. Her first name and last name have been confused over three episodes. Also, Dr. Lester seems to know her name while we're still guessing in The Turnabout Intruder.
    2. Still alive in the last TOS episode and wearing a red uniform, now.
    3. ? Maybe the game of love? :rommie:
    4. She must have gotten promoted to Lt. per Kirk's dialog with her on the bridge in TTI. :techman:
    [​IMG]

StefanM likes this.
  6. StefanM

Wow, that sounds great and makes a lot of sense.
    1. It would be possible, that the German translation gave her the same name in all three episodes (something like that is what I mean with clue #1).
    2. Yes, a surviving redshirt.
    3. Hmmmmm........ Would make sense
    4. Promotion per dialogue sounds VERY good...

But again: NO. Also in the german translation, Angela has three different names, so we don't know more than the rest of the world about her. (And clue #3 means THIS game right here)

Henoch likes this.
  7. Grant

I really wish when Janet Lester had called her Lieutenant Lisa she had said "my name is Angela!"
    It would have revealed that Lester's knowledge of the Enterprise crew certainly couldn't be perfect.

Henoch likes this.
  8. StefanM

Clue #5
    There is something, I have in common with Harry Kim, you can see at first sight, but it's not our gender.

9. Methuselah Flint

Mirror Sulu?

Grant likes this.
  10. StefanM

Right idea, what they have in common.
    But both are male. And we all know his name.

11. Grant

Well the female Personnel officer from court-martial wore a red shirt and she knew everybody's name so that's my guess although I don't get the the German part

12. Methuselah Flint

I'm stumped.

Grant likes this.
  13. Grant

Maybe in the German translation of the episode she was given a promotion to Lieutenant where she wasn't specified a particular rank in the English version. So maybe that is how the Germans gave her something? Although to the BBS members who don't speak or read German they wouldn't know that she ever got a rank.

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  14. StefanM

Grant... YOU DID IT!
    Yes, the answer is: LIEUTENANT WANG-LO
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/de/wiki/~/Person/TOS/1x14/2

[​IMG]

You never heard this name? Right. She only got an name in the german translation of this episode.
    In the early seventies, when Star Trek came to Germany as "Raumschiff Enterprise", there were a lot of weird translations and dialogs. And they even changed a lot of names.
    Pavel Chekov became Pane Chekov, Spocks mother was made Emily, Captain Ronald Tracy got the first name Roland, and Gary Seven's name was changed to "Felix Seven-Rock" (no, it still doesn't sound german).

So the unnamed personnel officer, who was an ensign, became "Lieutenant Wang-Lo".
    1. Only if you watch the german translation of the episode, you can hear her introducing herself as "Lt. Wang-Lo".
    2. The episode is all about the (faked) death of Ben Finney, but not her (Redshirt-)Death
    3. The personnel officer should know all the crewmembers, even the unnamed, so she should have good chances in this name-the-character-game.
    4. The german version made her a Lieutenant - something that never happened to Harry Kim (although ensigns were called "Fähnrich")
    5. And she seems to have an asian background, like Kim (and Sulu)

So, CONGRATULATIONS for finding the right person.
    Your turn ;-)

Grant and Methuselah Flint like this.
  15. Grant

1. This person is only in one scene and is both a pretty good actor and also a terrible actor in my opinion.

16. Methuselah Flint

The chap that Karidian as Macbeth, stabs in Scene One of Conscience of the King?

17. Grant

You're on the right track! But he is not your father's ghost doomed for a certain term to walk the night.
    2. This person seems to have a good lay of the land -- better than our heroes

18. Grant

By the way -- that chap -- Mark Grady Adams is the third oldest living TOS actor. He is 95 years old! Also the three oldest living actors which also include Bob Herron and John Copage have a combined Maybe 7 lines of dialogue in Star Trek!

19. ItsGreen

ItsGreen Captain Captain

"The Caretaker" from "Shore Leave"

Oliver McGowan, long career, 82 credits, but his acting as the caretaker, there are mistakes, hand gestures, speaks too soon,, (just guessing here)
    of course know the land/amusement planet

Grant likes this.
  20. Grant

"Of course." But no. Not the kindly caretaker.
    3. This person wears a head covering as was the style -- I guess -- in their locale.