Spoilers MY ADVENTURES WITH SUPERMAN Review Thread

I thought it might be an evolution/simplification of the head "circuit" Brainiac sported in the Silver Age.

No doubt it's a reference to that, but it's definitely more distinctive and can work as a logo in a way the original design couldn't.

I would like to see some more variety in the designs myself. I find the visuals pretty boring when it comes to the bad guys on this show.

I would like to see some more variety in the designs myself. I find the visuals pretty boring when it comes to the bad guys on this show.

Yeah, I see what you mean, what with them all being based on the same technology. Even in the writing, I don't think there are really any standout villains, since the focus has been mainly on the General, Waller, Task Force X, and Zero Day, and the villains have mostly pretty much been extensions of that arc. Livewire initially seemed like she'd be a big deal, but she just sort of got blended into the Task Force X arc with the other villains-of-the-week. Otherwise, the biggest baddie was Ivo/Parasite, but turning the Parasite into a tech-based villain was an awkward choice.

In addition to the news that Superman & Lois: The Complete Third Season is apparently FINALLY coming to Blu-ray (see that show's thread for details), My Adventures with Superman: The Complete First Season is also coming to DVD on May 14:

71d-X-iN9SL._SL1500_.jpg

71rDVvXHefL._SL1500_.jpg

No Blu-ray, apparently, but DVD is better than nothing -- particularly since I have not even been able to see the show yet. Looking forward to checking it out.

And the most obvious reveal happens. Though Lex being a nobody at this point will be interesting.
Yeah. I’ve read/watched too many DC projects that I saw all the reveals way in advanced. I haven’t finished season one but I assume the general is Lois’ dad.

Am I the only one that thought episode 2x03 felt too fast? They crammed a lot of story into 22 minutes, and I'm not sure it worked.

Only just noticed how much Lois Lane looks like Videl from Dragon Ball.
Lex Luthor is a near lookalike to Kensuke Aida from Evangelion.

Back