More TOS engine room pics

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ian Simpson, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Like I said in my e-mail, I'd suggest doing image searches of medical knives and instruments of the 60s or modern era (similar to those seen in Space Seed) and pick ones that fit those vague shapes! It's what I did back in 2013 with Unreal Engine 3 to good effect.

Here was my process.
    First, I gathered the best images of the boards and cropped and up-rezzed them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then, I copied the Space Seed instruments and tried to see if any of them fit the shapes. Some did, others didn't. I ended up omitting some of these.
    [​IMG]
    Which is when I took to Google to find images of similar instruments, and then modeled which ones I thought fit the best:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You could do something similar! I'm going to suggest you do your own interpretation, as always!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  2. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

Seven big standing sets for the character domains: Kirk and Spock had the all the sets; McCoy had the Medical set; Scotty had the Engine Room set; and everyone shared the Bridge set, the Briefing/Rec Room, the Quarters set, the Transport Room set, and of course, the Corridors/Turbolift sets. :)

3. Ian Simpson

Ian Simpson Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought I would give an update on the sickbay area. Still a bit of fiddly things to model i.e. office shelve props, medical equipment on frames etc. Going to have a break now, when I'm done I'll post another video update. Let me know what you think guys, I have had some problems making some sets fit in with the corridor and making them look "on screen correct" especially in the lab, I was going for "The lights of Zeltar" look (But failed).

[​IMG]Exam room 1 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Exame room 8 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Exame room 7 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Exam room 6 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]exam room 5 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Exam room 3 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]exam room 2 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]HighresScreenshot00012 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]HighresScreenshot00005 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]HighresScreenshot00006 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]HighresScreenshot00020 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]HighresScreenshot00026 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]HighresScreenshot00011 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]HighresScreenshot00004 by Tracy Simpson, on Flickr

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Wow - beautiful! I would have personally preferred to use the Green/Black T-neg blood combination from "Journey to Babel" in the transfusion machine, but other than that - perfection! :)

Professor Moriarty likes this.