Spoilers Meet the bridge crew of the USS Titan-A

I have to agree, like, I get we're apparently pushed for time with needing to spend so many episodes doing nothing in 2024's LA with the Mexico Filter on, but why was it so rushed? Like, if they had this idea back in Season 1 then tease us, build it up a bit. Half the fun of a romance on screen is watching it build. Perhaps they have a moment where their hands touch while repairing something. etc etc.

Like, I get a rising suspicion that we're probably running out of road with LGBT representation in absolutely everything, but it seems to mostly be because the writing is absolutely crap and frequently feels like a Hollywood Box ticking exercise. Like they got most of the way through Picard, and someone shouted "WE FORGOT THE GAYS!" leading to mass panic, thrown script sheets and suddenly shoving Rafi and Seven together like a pair of dolls and going "NOW KISS! KISS!" It feels rushed, cheap and badly portrayed.
You seem unaware of the behind the scenes story regarding Seven's sexuality and her relationship with Raffi. Basically, in the first season, there was no intention to make Seven bisexual, at least not with the writing. The idea came from Jeri Ryan and the actress who played Bijayzal, who decided to play their scenes as though they had romantic history. Then, while filming the final scene in the finale, Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd decided on the spot to hold hands suggesting something might develop. That's what led the writers to develop a relationship between the two in season 2.

You seem unaware of the behind the scenes story regarding Seven's sexuality and her relationship with Raffi. Basically, in the first season, there was no intention to make Seven bisexual, at least not with the writing. The idea came from Jeri Ryan and the actress who played Bijayzal, who decided to play their scenes as though they had romantic history. Then, while filming the final scene in the finale, Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd decided on the spot to hold hands suggesting something might develop. That's what led the writers to develop a relationship between the two in season 2.

I said it's what it feels like because of how badly its portrayed.

It's still hackneyed and feels forced in. Should've been like Rios and his love interest where it is built on for a bit. Their bickering definitely felt more like old friends/colleagues being sick of eachother's shit.

You seem unaware of the behind the scenes story regarding Seven's sexuality and her relationship with Raffi. Basically, in the first season, there was no intention to make Seven bisexual, at least not with the writing.

It's older than that.

The writers on Voyager tried to make Seven a lesbian, but Rick Berman and UPN said no.

Picard was an opportunity that presented itself.

He's going to be in Season 2. They killed off the character, but the actor isn't leaving.

It was said they planned on killing him off from the very beginning, the actor knew when he was called in. None of the Season 2 was written when they decided on that plot point, so he wasn't killed off for anyone.
He is? In what capacity?

isn’t he intended to be Jason Vigo, the son of a fling of him that could have been his but wasn’t?

I haven't heard about that. It could be him. My money is still on a son between Picard and Dr Crusher. Or a second one. When will those two ever tell Wesley who his real daddy is.:)

I haven't heard about that. It could be him. My money is still on a son between Picard and Dr Crusher. Or a second one. When will those two ever tell Wesley who his real daddy is.

Speleers ie 34, Vigo would be 57. Highly unlikely to be Vigo.

I only just realized that the actress who played Bjayzl is Necar Zadegan from NCIS: New Orleans. How the hell did I miss that? NOLA is my favorite NCIS show! :lol:

The NCIS franchise is a Trek repertory company.

Trek people go there (Jeri Ryan, Jolene Blalock, Scott Bakula, John Billingsley, etc.). NCIS people come to Trek (Necar Zadegan, Casey King).

Really? I didn't know there were so many. I only remember three of them, all from the New Orleans version (Bakula, Zadegan, and Zoe McLellan).

isn’t he intended to be Jason Vigo, the son of a fling of him that could have been his but wasn’t?

Do you know how time works? Picard found out about Jason in 2370 when the kid was 23. Jason Vigo would be nearly 60 by 2405 when season 3 is set.

The NCIS franchise is a Trek repertory company.

Trek people go there (Jeri Ryan, Jolene Blalock, Scott Bakula, John Billingsley, etc.). NCIS people come to Trek (Necar Zadegan, Casey King).

it makes sense considering both are CBS/Paramount shows.

Nearly 60? I remember, in some mental capacity filled with gay self-denial and/or lack of awareness, having some sense that Jason Vigo was cute. And when hearing the character is near 60 my first thought is... he's an old man. According to Memory Alpha, the actor who played him is now 64! And then I remember I'm 44, and like, wait, I was a teenager when TNG aired? I was ages 9-16? That seems too young. When am I? What even is time?

Back