Spoilers Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

• Total voters
Got to be honest, I was ambivalent about Agatha All Along, but after seeing that trailer, I'm totally on board now.

I'm kinda the opposite. I've been a completist about the MCU (except for Hellstrom, which ended up being declared non-MCU anyway so it doesn't count), so I'll probably check this out, but so far it doesn't look like my kind of thing.

I just saw it as Aubrey Plaza being Aubrey Plaza. From what I've seen of her (and heard, in The Legend of Korra), that seems to be basically just her performance wheelhouse.
It wasn't just her performance, it was the way she popped up in the scene, and seemed to kind of exist outside of the reality that Agatha was experiencing. It was pretty similar to what Legion did with her as Lennie.

I was gonna watch Agatha All Along anyway, but I was expecting something lighter and frothier so if they're going dark I am even more invested. Looks great, but also like they'll keep the humour which is good.

It wasn't just her performance, it was the way she popped up in the scene, and seemed to kind of exist outside of the reality that Agatha was experiencing. It was pretty similar to what Legion did with her as Lennie.

I think that's a superficial similarity at best, and the trailer makes it clear that's probably a one-time event to undo the post-WandaVision status quo, rather than the continuously mutable reality of Legion. You can always convince yourself that any given X is similar to any given Y by cherrypicking some details and ignoring others, so one should always be skeptical of apparent similarities and consider the entire context.

I also resist the urge to look for excuses to compare an actor's current role to some previous role they played. It's an actor's job to create new characters, after all, to adapt oneself to new roles and new stories, and that should be respected.

Yespleaseandthankyou! Give it to me now!

I love the inclusion of another Florence + the Machine song the MCU tapestry!

Hmm, looks different than I would've expected, the darker direction is intriguing. Is it me or in that first shot did it seem like they were channeling Legion's Lenny with Aubrey Plaza?
I thought exactly the same thing. A big plus to me because Lenny was the best part that show.

Unconfirmed rumor from Geek Tyrant allegedly identifies Gianarlo Esposito's character. If the rumor is true, it is dead-on perfect casting.

G.W. Bridge.

Huh, never heard of that character. I trust your instinct on the perfect casting and take it as joy.

I think that's a superficial similarity at best, and the trailer makes it clear that's probably a one-time event to undo the post-WandaVision status quo, rather than the continuously mutable reality of Legion. You can always convince yourself that any given X is similar to any given Y by cherrypicking some details and ignoring others, so one should always be skeptical of apparent similarities and consider the entire context.

I also resist the urge to look for excuses to compare an actor's current role to some previous role they played. It's an actor's job to create new characters, after all, to adapt oneself to new roles and new stories, and that should be respected.
Dude, it was an instinct that no less than three people  here thought. You don't have to overanalyze everything.

Yespleaseandthankyou! Give it to me now!

I love the inclusion of another Florence + the Machine song the MCU tapestry!

I thought exactly the same thing. A big plus to me because Lenny was the best part that show.

Huh, never heard of that character. I trust your instinct on the perfect casting and take it as joy.

Dude, it was an instinct that no less than three people  here thought. You don't have to overanalyze everything.
Apparently he does

It didn't hurt that Plaza was dressed like a respectable version of the character seen in the Legion Bolero sequence. I've watched the Youtube clip of that so many times.

I shouldn't have said "they are channeling" in my post which makes it sound so intentional. It's possible but likely a coincidence but I meant more like "was anyone reminded of Lenny from Legion" but was just posting casually off the top of my head.

I forgot to mention this before but I like how Jac Schaeffer emulated two more shows: CSI/Law & Order and a horror show, probably Preacher (which coincidentally starred Dominic Cooper). A guess based entirely based on Agatha wearing a priest frock and that MCU connection (since I haven't actually watched it).

I forgot to mention this before but I like how Jac Schaeffer emulated two more shows: CSI/Law & Order and a horror show, probably Preacher (which coincidentally starred Dominic Cooper). A guess based entirely based on Agatha wearing a priest frock and that MCU connection (since I haven't actually watched it).
I've seen a few mention Mare of Easttown but I'm not familiar with that series to comment.

I've seen a few mention Mare of Easttown but I'm not familiar with that series to comment.
Yeah, I can see that. I went with the obvious procedural, but Mare of Easttown works because it's a dramatic procedural where the lead female character is dealing with issues, much like Agatha. Plus, it also has an MCU connection which is even closer to this show: Evan Peters.

Yeah, I can see that. I went with the obvious procedural, but Mare of Easttown works because it's a dramatic procedural where the lead female character is dealing with issues, much like Agatha. Plus, it also has an MCU connection which is even closer to this show: Evan Peters.

Also, Mare of Easttown and WandaVision basically went head to head against each other at the Emmy awards.

Honestly I'm surprised we're getting both of those trailers so soon considering I thought at least one of them would've been saved for Comic Con at the end of the month.

Makes me wonder if Marvel is going for another big push, which will help properly clarifify the future with some big surprises.

Last edited:

My brain is a little slow, so it wasn't able to process all of that in the first 10 seconds or so that she was onscreen.

My brain is a little slow, so it wasn't able to process all of that in the first 10 seconds or so that she was onscreen.

Which is why it's important to rethink our first impressions after we have them. I don't arrive at conclusions instantly either (anything but, I'm terrible at snap judgments); rather, I take the time to think things through and question my own first reactions to things.

Back