Spoilers Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

• Total voters
I think I read somewhere that the first day of filming is the Monday after SDCC.

That probably tracks. They'll make a big cast reveal at SDCC and then make a remark "Hey these guys and gals can't stay very long because they have to work tomorrow but look forward to the next few months! See you guys!

*Exit stage right*

Happy 4th of July America. New look at Captain America's new costume

Y8Yv2Vz.jpg

Brad Winderbaum, the head of streaming, television, and animation for Marvel Studios, said on the Official Marvel Podcast (via io9) that Eyes of Wakanda is the most important animated series in the MCU to date:

“Eyes of Wakanda, more than any other show, we’re doing in animation, ties directly into the MCU,” Winderbaum said. “This is a story about Wakandan history … It’s both about the history of Wakanda, but it also expands into the greater MCU at different time periods. So if you’re a fan of the movies, I think this show’s going to be a real treat.”​

As someone who has been an avid comic reader since 1989. I can't say I have been enjoying any of the MU films outside the first DS. They are just very boring and there were some unnecessary changes too. I gave them a try several times and just cant get into them. Plus RJ wasn't really playing Tony to me. Yes, he was an alcoholic, yes he was a ladies man but a was closer to a Bruce Wayne and he barely quipped and they made Hawkeye , one of my fave Marvel characters dull as dirt. :shrug:

I loved the original Spidey films, though. I have not tried any of the newer ones though, just out of basic disinterest.

Happy 4th of July America. New look at Captain America's new costume

Y8Yv2Vz.jpg

Looks great.

As someone who has been an avid comic reader since 1989. I can't say I have been enjoying any of the MU films outside the first DS. They are just very boring and there were some unnecessary changes too. I gave them a try several times and just cant get into them.

Understandable.

Plus RJ wasn't really playing Tony to me. Yes, he was an alcoholic, yes he was a ladies man but a was closer to a Bruce Wayne

Stark from the 60s comics was also written that way early on, but his health and government troubles gradually transformed him into a more complex character, over a decade before the alcoholism storyline. Never a fan of the RDJ portrayal, I found myself wishing to see that late 60s/70s Stark on screen

I loved the original Spidey films, though.

I take it you mean the Sam Raimi movies? If so, I share your sentiment. Raimi was a major fan of the character, especially the Lee/Romita era (the most defning for Spider-Man), and aside from some studio interference, his devotion to that era of the character was nearly perfect.

I have not tried any of the newer ones though, just out of basic disinterest.

That, and for most of the Holland/MCU Spider-Man's appearances, he was acting more like a teen sidekick than the intensely independent, burdened loner seen in the best of his published years.

Wow, that's fantastic. I had no idea they were working on such a project. It's especially cool that all six of the Avenger actors participated in it. I hope they're right and it's only the beginning, a stepping stone in revitalizing the Lakota language.

I also hope this project gets more press than just a four-minute YouTube clip, even if it is coming from the Marvel Entertainment channel.

Hmm, looks different than I would've expected, the darker direction is intriguing. Is it me or in that first shot did it seem like they were channeling Legion's Lenny with Aubrey Plaza?

Last edited:
Unconfirmed rumor from Geek Tyrant allegedly identifies Gianarlo Esposito's character. If the rumor is true, it is dead-on perfect casting.

G.W. Bridge.

Unconfirmed rumor from Geek Tyrant allegedly identifies Gianarlo Esposito's character. If the rumor is true, it is dead-on perfect casting.

G.W. Bridge.

Having Liefield art flashbacks....AUUUUGHH!!!!!
Hopefully the movie design will be better. :lol:

I like the Agatha trailer. It looks like its doing its own thing, and I like the idea of exploring more of the magical part of the MCU, especially since this seems so different from Dr. Strange's style of magic.

Agatha All Along looks pretty cool. I saw an article the other day talking about how it was going full on horror, and after seeing the trailer, it looks like they were not lying.
Hmm, looks different than I would've expected, the darker direction is intriguing. Is it me or in that first shot did it seem like they were channeling Legion's Lenny with Aubrey Plaza?
I had the exact same thought about the way Plaza showed up in the beginning of the trailer.

I just saw it as Aubrey Plaza being Aubrey Plaza. From what I've seen of her (and heard, in The Legend of Korra), that seems to be basically just her performance wheelhouse.

Back