Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.2%
  2. A

27.1%
  3. A-

14.7%
  4. B+

7.6%
  5. B

13.5%
  6. B-

2.9%
  7. C+

3.5%
  8. C

4.7%
  9. C-

2.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4.1%
  1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Although, of course, the MCU version need not have the same powers (ask Ms. Marvel or the Eternals).

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

The plot of Thunderbolts is starting to sound similar to what James Gunn wanted to do in his Suicide Squad movie. Basically have the group take down Superman. I don't know about Sentry but I'm excited to see Yeun in the MCU.

3. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

I really would love to see a Fantastic Four film set in the '60s, something along the lines of Peyton Reed's original plan for what ended up being the 2005 film.

Saul, the G-man and Captaindemotion like this.
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but his Human Torch wasn't part of the MCU, and Mount was Black Bolt in Multiverse of Madness.
    Oh yeah, he's a great actor and I'm sure if Marvel does cast him, he'll be good, he's just not an actor that immediately jumps to mind for Mr. Fantastic.
    The second story arc/collection of the first New Avengers series deals with him a lot, the arc is even named after him.

5. Christopher

Which is why professional casting directors are better at their jobs than the rest of us. They can see potentials we don't.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Latest rumor is Mads Mikkelsen is one the actors the studio talked to for Doctor Doom.

Commander Troi likes this.
  7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

They also make mistakes, just like anyone. Whether or not this turns out to be one of them doesn't matter, it's something to critique while we wait to find out.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course, but that doesn't mean we can't share our first thoughts and opinions on the choices they might be making. And like @Tosk said in the post above mine, they're not infallible and have from time to time made bad choices.

9. Christopher

Yeah, but they're still far more likely to make good choices than we are, because it's their actual job that they've trained for. I'm willing to have faith that they know what they're doing. If I don't understand the decisions of someone who does a job I've never learned to do myself, I recognize that the deficiency is far more likely mine than theirs.

Commander Troi likes this.
  10. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

As great as Connery had been in the Bond role, Broccoli, et al., felt Bond could be recast, and was not risking the perception of--in the case of Boseman's Black Panther--disrespect of one who--for some--became a the embodiment of black aspiration contrasted against generational adversity. Far different case than a spy role being recast time and again.

Most certainly in the case of Keaton, who remains the worst, wrongheaded act of superhero casting in movie history.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

If he ended up being cast, would that be the first instance of them reusing an actor who had already played a different role?

12. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Gemma Chan.

13. Christopher

Isn't Michelle Yeoh in Guardians as well as Shang-Chi?

If you count Marvel Television, add Alfre Woodard, Mahershala Ali, Enver Gjokaj, Tony Curran, and several others.

14. MikHutch

MikHutch Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Imo Connery isn't the best Bond

You don't like Keaton as Batman?

Starkers likes this.
  15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I have a bigger problem with his Bruce Wayne,

16. MikHutch

Pourquoi?

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Keaton's Bruce Wayne was not to my liking. At times it seemed he was playing Clark Kent.

18. MikHutch

I never got that impression myself

19. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

To each his own, but he's routinely cited as delivering the best Bond.

No. For all of his live action adaptations over the decades, he's a character with more bad casting decisions than great.

20. TerryTrek

TerryTrek Captain Captain

15 years is a pretty normal age gap nowadays even. It only gets really weird when Sue is depicted as a teenager, or younger..

Like the 1994 movie...

:whistle:

With Pedro and Kirby it works well. She comes across a lot older, especially in her flirtations with Tom Cruise in MI Fallout and Dead Reckoning.

They should get Oppie to be Doom. Now, while he has so much mainstream appeal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023