Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.1%
  2. A

26.9%
  3. A-

14.6%
  4. B+

7.6%
  5. B

14.0%
  6. B-

2.9%
  7. C+

3.5%
  8. C

4.7%
  9. C-

2.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4.1%
  1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Indeed, quite the opposite; they got exactly what they wanted and lived forever...

Anwar likes this.
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Definitely some interesting stuff in the preview for the Disney+ shows.
    It was pretty cool seeing Sam throwing the shield.
    I never thought we'd see Wanda in her comics costume, so that was a big shock.
    Looks like WandVision is going to be giving us versions of a bunch of different old sitcoms. I'm pretty sure I saw a quick shot of her in the Brady house.
    Now that I know what TVA stands for, that opens up some very interesting possibilities for Loki.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

From the look of it, I'm guessing it's a Halloween costume in-story, or something for a costume party.

4. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

They're doing exact replicas of the sets/costumes/hairstyles of those old sitcoms in this show, to really hammer it home. (Vision, of course, only emulates the costumes.) Here's how it breaks down:

50's B&W Wanda - The Dick Van Dyke Show, with her as Laura Petrie.
    60's Wanda (in classic 'Scarlet Witch' costume) - Bewitched, with her as Samantha Stevens (a witch, natch - this is how/where Wanda finally picks up the name)
    70's Pregnant Wanda - The Brady Bunch, though she seems to be channeling Marcia more than Carol Brady
    80's New Mother Wanda - Family Ties, as Elyse Keaton
    90's Overworked Mother Wanda - Roseanne/The Conners. Take your pick which female Conner.

5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Wouldn't the twins be Billy and Tommy (aka Wiccan and Speed)? Vin and Viv are robot "children" of Vision with no connection to wanda, while Billy and Tommy in the comics are the reincarnated forms of the twins she had when she went crazy (but before the Avengers Disassembled incident), which was during the time she was with vision from what I remember. So, presumably these would be the baby versions of Wiccan and Speed, who could presumably show up in the MCU in the future with a similar backstory to the comics (aka being "born" during a time where Wand ais having issues and then being teenagers in the main universe MCU because of weird reincarnation shenanigans).

6. Nightowl1701

Yeah, I'd forgot the whole Wiccan/Speed thing. I'm fine with either possibility, really.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could see them going either way with the kids, this is exactly the kind of thing they like to play around with in the adaptation process.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

We now have a couple of rough release dates, per Bob Iger:

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier in August and WandaVision in December.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

The Dick Van Dyke Show was made in the 60's (1961-66). It's the epitome of the early 60's style.

10. Nightowl1701

Yeah, true. I thought they were fudging it at first, but comparing a clip from that show to the trailer, it's not quite the same set. Very evocative of it, has a lot of the same touches, but... no. Certainly not I Love Lucy or The Honeymooners either. Hmm. :vulcan:

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I had the same realization with the Brady house in the '70s part. It's very similar but not an exact recreation like I thought it was.

12. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At first I thought they might have filmed in the Brady House interior that HGTV finished recently, but that brick wall by the stairs isn't right.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  14. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Wish I knew how to link this, but 'Variety' is reporting that Sam Raimi is in talks to direct 'Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness'. My excitement level just went up if this turns out to be true.

15. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

16. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There is a thread on it already, but... will Sarimi reign in his instincts that tend to take his movies into campy territories?

17. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Don’t see why he should. Not like the MCU is devoid of camp.

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Information from a source that's been hit-and-miss in the past, but has been largely accurate, says that Marvel is looking into actresses other than Hayley Steinfeld for the role of Kate Bishop. She is still Marvel's first choice, but her deal with Apple plus is creating a conflict and she may not be able to take the role. This jibes with previous reports and maybe the reason why Hawkeye's production has been delayed rather than any issues with Jeremy Renner.

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/02/07/the-search-for-kate-bishop-in-hawkeye-continues/

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the bigger question would be if Marvel would allow him to flex his instincts.

20. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope not. We've had enough campy super hero movies before the current golden age.