Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

18.2%
  2. A

27.1%
  3. A-

14.7%
  4. B+

7.6%
  5. B

13.5%
  6. B-

2.9%
  7. C+

3.5%
  8. C

4.7%
  9. C-

2.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0.6%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4.1%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I don't think we knew this before, but one of those many links mentioned that Emily Van Camp will reprise Sharon in The Falcon and Winter Soldier.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

John Walker (U.S. Agent) will appear in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, something I think a lot of people figured would happen.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

4. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was far more Marvel news than I was expecting today.

Should we assume that Ms Marvel/Moon Knight/She-Hulk won't start until 2022?

We had heard a few weeks ago that The Mandalorian was getting a second season, but based on how busy the Marvel side of the D+ schedule seems to be, that doesn't seem like it'll happen with their shows. They all seem to be "one-storyarc" shows that have a very specific place in the MCU to advance the overall story, with no huge room or need for a second season.

Of course, none of them have even aired yet. Or even filmed. And I guess always in motion the future is.

Love that pic of Peggy with the shield for What If. Crazy that they're doing an episode for every single MCU movie.

5. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WandaVision is definitely pulling in an unexpected cast. Monica Rambeau, Jimmy Woo and Darcy? That story's going to some unexpected places, I think.

6. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Really don't get the love for Moon Knight at all, but more Marvel shows has got to be good I suppose...

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Taskmaster is a villain with photographic reflexes. A nogoodnick who can replicate any one's fighting technique after seconds of study, who said "The first time I saw Moon Knight's fighting style I almost vomited. He's a masochist who takes every punch thrown at him. He is insane."

8. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lost among all the amazing Disney+ news yesterday, Disney also announced a brand new animated Spider-Man television show:
    https://deadline.com/2019/08/marvel...unior-sony-rift-feature-franchise-1202703333/

It's obviously aimed super-young on Disney Junior, but it's a very well-timed reminder that Disney owns Spider-Man, Sony only has the rights to distribute movies theatrically. With "well-timed" obviously being a concidence, because D23 was presumably the driving force behind the timing of this announcement, and it's not like animation happens overnight.

Great character choices with animated versions of Miles and Gwen co-starring with Peter though. :lol:

[​IMG]

9. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Ooh, does that mean Disney has the rights to Spiderman on TV generally ? Even live action ?

10. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

So Kit Harrington as the Black Knight?

11. The Nth Doctor

Some news from D23.

Black Panther II
    is set for May 6, 2022 with Ryan Coogler as the director.

Kit Harrington has joined the cast of The Eternals as Dane Whitman aka the Black Knight, along with Gemma Chan as Sersi and Barry Keoghan as Druig.

Some Black Widow footage was also shown but I guess us mere mortals won't get to see it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Booji and Turtletrekker like this.
  12. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Colour-coded for your convenience.

Anwar, Booji and The Nth Doctor like this.
  13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Pretty much. As I understand it, Sony only holds the *movie* rights. So unless I'm mistaken; in theory, if no new deal is reached and Disney were feeling a little vindictive, they could give Holland a show on Disney+.

Booji, Relayer1 and Saul like this.
  14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Really I would live a Spider-Man television show. The comic always found strength in its serielized story telling.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I would gladly take that if we aren't going to get more MCU movies.
    If I had to guess, Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Hawkeye and Loki will be single season miniseries, while Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and She-Hulk will be multiseason series.

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think that's how things work, especially since Sony has just recently hired Lord and Miller to oversee the development of a television universe (both animated and live-action) revolving around the Spider-Man IP.

17. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Who is Jolie playing?

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thena
    They also showed some new footage from Black Widow, IGN doesn't have a article for it, but they do describe it in their overview of the movie panel.

19. The Nth Doctor

Thena.

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

D23 phase 4 trailer leak...