Marvel Cinematic Universe spoiler-heavy speculation thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by bbjeg, Apr 6, 2014.

?

What grade would you give the Marvel Cinematic Universe? (Ever-Changing Question)

1. A+

13.5%
  2. A

39.2%
  3. A-

13.5%
  4. B+

6.8%
  5. B

16.2%
  6. B-

4.1%
  7. C+

1.4%
  8. C

4.1%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1.4%
  1. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

That's freaking amazing. I'm glad they did.

2. flavaflav

flavaflav Fleet Captain Premium Member

Now that this is, hopefully, settled, I really hope we get Warlock in volume 3.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm so glad Gunn is back. There was no reason to fire him in the first place, and I doubt anyone else could have made GotG 3. As a bonus, he's apparently still making The Suicide Squad, so I think this makes Gunn the first director to go directly from a MCU movie to a DC movie and then back to a MCU movie.

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Same here, especially since he was teased in the credits of Vol. 2.

flavaflav likes this.
  5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although I can see how this is going to stir some debate, I for one am very happy Gunn is back. It wouldn't be GotG without him.

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

No, it will not stirr debate, it will just enrage a bunch of idiots.

YLu, jbny67 and The Nth Doctor like this.
  7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

People can have their opinions. I might not agree with them, but if they are just that (opinions) and no one gets hurt, I'm not gonna start namecalling anyone.

8. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bad week to be a MAGA douchebag. Captain Marvel a smash hit and Gunn back on Guardians.

Nice.

BeatleJWOL, saddestmoon, YLu and 5 others like this.
  9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think they've more or less confirmed he will be. Didn't Gunn say that the caccoon was setting up Adam Warlock's appearance in GOTG Vol. 3 rather than Infinity War?

10. flavaflav

flavaflav Fleet Captain Premium Member

After the end credits of v2, they definitely set Him up and even name dropped Adam. I'm simply getting antsy.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So who should become the new Big Bad after Thanos is dealt with in Endgame? Having the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and The X-Men does open up all sorts of new possibilities we didn't have when they started the MCU.
    My top three picks would be Dr. Doom, Galactus, or Norman Osborne.

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

One thing about the next villain is that I think the next "Big bad" doesn't have to be as "big" as Thanos. People still read the Avengers comic even though they have a lot of adventures aren't life and death for the entire galaxy. He/she/etc also don't need a decade of build up, at least in my opinion.

That said, I'd go with Galactus, or maybe do a full on Kree/ Skrull War type thing (although I don't know if the Captain Marvel film makes that impossible). I'd like the MCU to avoid Doom for awhile. Save him as a villain for a potential MCU Fantastic Four 2 or 3, he is beyond played out after being in literally every FF movie. Even the Joker isn't in every Batman movie, as a comparison.

13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Hard pass on Norman Osborne. He's small potatoes in my world (yeah, I know where he's at these days in the comics but I don't care...he should've stayed dead). Doctor Doom would be a good mini-boos (as it were) but I don't think he's quite up there for Big Bad. My choice would be either Galactus or Kang.

jbny67 and Turtletrekker like this.
  14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Doom is a villain that should definitely make his way around the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but it should all be in anticipation of his being a Fantastic Four bad, and not an overall MCU big bad.

15. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

Now that the Fantastic Four characters have entered the Marvel sandbox, the obvious choice for the next big MCU bad has to be The Mole Man!
    (For those of you who are too thick to get it, that's a joke)

Morpheus 02 and The Nth Doctor like this.
  16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Kang, now with ridges Premium Member

I'd rather Galactus be in an FF film and Kang be in an Avengers' film (Celestial Madonna Saga, anyone?). Though I could see Kang/Rama Tut/Scarlet Centurion crossing over several film franchises, given his nature (A surprise for non comics readers)

17. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Things will become rinse and repeat (more than they are already in some MCU films) if every conflict is some "its for the fate of everything"-type threat from space, like Galactus, or more time travel like every significant Kang story every published. The MCU needs to tone it down a bit after A4.

Ethros likes this.
  18. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I don't think another big alien from space with their ships hovering over Earth's cities is really a great idea.

Maybe for Avengers 5 just have an ensemble movie of the new team line up*, and they go off on an adventure and save the day, but you don't have to throw everything plus the kitchen sink in alongside them like Infinity War (which there's nothing wrong with but along the lines of doing something different, just focus on that team of 6 or so Avengers)

* and for the new line up I'd presume Captain Marvel leading, with maybe Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man/Wasp and/or someone new.

grendelsbayne and TREK_GOD_1 like this.
  19. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's a good idea--around 6 members, but a story that's more down to earth. The Avengers comics managed to do both big space and earth-bound stories well for decades. There's no reason the same cannot be achieved in the MCU.

Ethros likes this.
  20. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

@StCoop - unnecessary. Please save the political commentary for actual political topics