Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know I read Tony Stark.

Was I supposed to squee uncontrollably?

I'm sure I didn't.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I haven't gotten my copy yet. I.... look forward to it?

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

What's so horrible about Tony Stark number one? I haven't read it. Someone spoiler code it!

For me it was the last page of the recent Thor number one that made me roll my eyes and place the book back on the shelf declaring, "No. Just no."

I've read the first three issues of the new Avengers run. I'm enjoying the story, although they're going out of their way to make it MCU friendly. All of the characters except Jen Walters have been prominently featured in the MCU in one form or another. And that's only because Jen Walters is currently the Hulk.

4. Savage Dragon

Finally read it over the weekend. I've enjoyed Aaron's run immensely, but yeah, that was a bit much.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Big, bright, superficial, childish, annoying......probably what someone who doesn't read comics thinks comics are like.

Ymmv...

6. Savage Dragon

It's too bad Bendis left. I really liked what he was doing with Dr. Doom.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think Chip Zdarsky has been writing an excellent Dr. Doom.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  8. Savage Dragon

Just finished the new FF, and I wasn’t blown away. It wasn’t bad, but I have enjoyed Marvel Two-In-One much more. I was also unimpressed with the Doom story. I really like What Bendis was doing with him and this story felt like a reversal of what he did.

9. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

The Fantastic Four artist got Reed very wrong on the very first page, IMHO. Looked more like a de-Thinged Ben Grimm to me.

As for the writing, some of it was questionable but I’m prepared to give Slott a chance given his ofttimes fine work on Silver Surfer and that I enjoyed tremendously his work on Amazing Spider-Man’s recent “Go Down Swinging” story arc.

Wasn’t too keen on the Doom backup story; looks like everything from the end of Secret Wars onward is effectively being rolled back - a great pity, perhaps, as I felt that that story provided a definitive conclusion to the Reed / Doom conflict.

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I liked the new FF but agree that it was little on the slow side. However, the emotional payoff of Reed and Sue's signal to Ben and Johnny was real. As for Doom, yeah, it's kind of a shame that they are rolling back his recent development, but that's kind of par for the course isn't it? Besides, Doom's recent turn to the heroic was only possible due to Reed's absence. I believed that to be the case long before the recent Two-in One Annual said it out right. There just isn't enough room in an argument for Reed and Doom to share the same side, at least in Doom's estimation.

11. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am relearning to hate the reset button.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stark just reminded us that he used a really old restore point of his brain during the first civil war to replace himself... And now he's hitting on a woman he hasn't been into since Avengers 224 (The early 80s.).

That's probably 5 years Marvel time.

On one hand he has been lying a lot about who he knows and what he knows, but on the other hand he probably just blamed the massive hole in his brain on his drinking problem.
    Cosmic Ghostrider is out there, and I am really digging Doctor Strange in space.

13. Savage Dragon

14. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

What the hell is happening with her neck? Is that even anatomically possible?

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Wolverine's new costume might give it a run for it's money in the hideous category.

[​IMG]

16. Savage Dragon

I had to google the costume since imgur is blocked here, but yeah, that's not great.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

If you replace the pink with red on Riri's armor it would work better. I don't think this is wholly new armor to debut in this issue. Isn't this the same scheme she wore in some issues of Champions? It's still a bad color scheme, just not new.

I'm not a fan of the see thru faceplate.
    It also is the second worse armor next to Rhodey's alien War Machine armor from his 90s series. Anyone else recall this fiasco? *shudder*
    [​IMG]

18. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

So X-23 has to give up the Wolverine name and costume, but actual Wolverine isn't even wearing the fucking costume? She might as well have just kept it (and she is literally the only character i've wanted to keep another hero's identity).

19. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

War Machine has an excuse, though. It was the 90s. NO costume update was safe!

20. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Attached Files: