Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have no recolection of this.

Logically he wanted an audience, or he needed a reason to stop Tony Stark/SHIELD from Nuking him... Not that anymore could use... SHIELD must have Suitcase Nukes without wifi, specifically because hackers are assholes, which Ultron and Jarvis were not fighting over.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

He's a bad guy. It's what they do.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I was just going by what they said. Maybe they're waiting until later in the day. Or maybe the article was BS. Who knows with them :shrug:

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't seen their big announcement yet, but there is still a lot of today left.

6. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Oh. I see. You don't know.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there a reason you brought this up here, and not in the Age of Ultron thread or the MCU thread?

8. Nerys Myk

I'm not Ultron, so I can't speak to his motivations. But keeping our heroes alive, when it makes more sense to kill them, is a pretty standard villain trope.

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

If you read Marvel's press release yesterday, they didn't say there was a big announcement coming today. I think it's the lack of clarity in the PR that led people to assume Marvel was revealing something major.

I think these homage covers are all they're showing off today.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess the announcement was more vague than I thought.

11. kirk55555

The new Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man book is great. Its only had one issue so far, but its my favorite issue of any solo Spider-Man book since before One More Day. It had a good story, it was really funny (and in a way that worked with a plot that wasn't a comedy plot), and Spider-Man was written very well. The person writing this also wrote the latest (and excellent, in my opinion) Howard the Duck volume.

I'd definitely give this issue a recommendation to anyone who likes Spider-Man, and not just as someone who has recently decided to permanently drop Amazing Spider-Man for as long as Dan Slott is writing. Regardless of your thoughts on the main Spidery book, I think the first issue of PP:TSSM is a fun, well written book.

12. kirk55555

Big Marvel Legacy Reveal, the books that are getting renumbered/etc

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...d-story-titles-and-there-are-53-books-not-52/

It looks like these are the "Legacy" books Marvel will be publishing regularl, starting with:

Besides the books I'm already reading that are just getting renumbered, I'm definitely interested in Spirits of vengeance #1 and Marvel Two-In-One #1. I wonder if She-Hulk #159 being listed means we're getting our first real book with She-Hulk since Civil War II. If its just more of that crap Grey Hulk who is Jennifer Walters in-name-only, I won't be checking it out. That terrible Hulk book just took the only hulk who is happy being a Hulk, gave her BS ptsd and basically just made her into her cousin but with lady parts. If this renumbering, which is also switching the titles name from Hulk to She-Hulk, is bringing back my favorite Marvel hero in her true form, I'll check it out.

I also might drop deadpool if its new name (Despicable Deadpool) is keeping him as a nazi... I mean "Hydra" agent.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is so funny...

What the Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards) calls the High Evolutionary....

"Herb".

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm amazed it took them this long to bring her back. I did start to wonder if they were going to just leave her dead once they introduced the teenage version, but I guess not.

16. safarial

safarial Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

what's happened to the teenage versions so far?

17. kirk55555

I'm glad she's coming back. She's been gone for years, and the teenage version of her (and the other original X-Men) all suck. I'm happy she's back.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

To me, this is an appropriate length of time to leave someone dead. I'm worried Wolverine will come back, which doesn't feel like nearly enough time.

19. kirk55555

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2017/9/14/16307304/secret-empire-ending-explained

Wow, who could have predicted this :shifty:. In retrospect, the answer is almost everyone outside of Nick Spencer, Axel Alonso and Marvel's editors. Clicking on other links in the article about fan and retailer reactions, the whole event basically just made Marvel into a bunch of assholes without helping out financially. It turns out trying to justify a story involving Captain America being a Nazi and taking over America by saying that the group specifically created to be Nazi replacements were "totally just an ancient society and many totally aren't Nazi's" doesn't actually work as an excuse among comic fans. It seems, based off of links connected to that article, that along with people hating the story many comic shops refused to take part in marketing, since they didn't want posters on walls and shirts on employees supporting fucking HYDRA, for reasons obvious to, again, most people who aren't Spencer, Alonso or a Marvel editor.

I hope Marvel likes the consequences of doubling down on moronic, offensive decisions. Maybe Nick Spencer will just go away now.

20. Nerys Myk

I clicked the link to find out what the worst selling one was. Apparently it's Axis.