Manu Intiraymi as "Icheb"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Ragitsu, Dec 4, 2021.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Based upon what? This all sounds like wonderful speculation.

jackoverfull likes this.
  2. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am talking about how loose people took the age of consent laws back in the day. Even in the 80's. Which is why the age of consent laws are so young or have been so young in lots of states. Society is right now really getting a better handle on this issue than people were even in the not to distant past.

3. Jayson1

Well it is speculation. I mean it's all opinion of course. I clearly can't prove how things would have played out in a alternate reality. The stuff about Curtis is more of a impression. I just never hear people talk about how much they loved her version of Saavik.

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean, TSFS is rarely talked about like TWOK so I'm skeptical of any conclusions based upon popularity.

BillJ likes this.
  5. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

It was a flashback scene.

Manu is 43. He would've been too old to pull off the scene.

Kirsten Beyer wrote the episode (she also wrote the Voyager follow-up novels).

It's safe to assume she knows her Voyager.

Sci and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  6. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

saviik’s role in the film was deeply connected to Spock, it wouldn’t have made sense to put her on the enterprise. Besides, I don’t think a pon-farr scene with Chekhov would have worked back then.

Danja and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  7. Jayson1

But Spock's Soul is basically in Bones so Spock is actually more aboard the ship than he is on the planet. Perhaps Savik would be keeping Bones from going crazy by communicating with Spock. The planet stuff is more about David anyways and him dealing with using pro-mater and also dying at the hands of the Klingons. As for Pon-farr they could simply keep Spock as a kid longer and have the growth spurt happen later in the movie.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He fucks or he dies.

Spock thinks that he has knocked up Saviik 7 times.

In cut footage it happened once.

jackoverfull and Danja like this.
  9. Ragitsu

Ragitsu Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

Turtletrekker and Danja like this.
  10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember someone years back actually did the math on how many ponn farrs Spock should have had during his accelerated aging on Genesis and how often they should have struck,

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it canon that Saavik is half-Romulan?

12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

jackoverfull likes this.
  13. Guy Gardener

Not canon.

It's something known in the novels however.

Picard attended her wedding, which is canon.

Sorta.

Maybe Spock married someone else on TV?

14. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

sorry, I don’t buy it.

indeed!

no he didn’t. He attended the wedding of one of sarek’s son, but we don’t know which one and with whom.

15. Guy Gardener

Every Seven years, for nearly two centuries, Sarek knocked up his wife, or killed someone?

There should have been a Baby in the house, when Michael moved in, unless Sarek's hands were still soaked green in the blood of Amanda's lover?

Maybe cheating is encouraged as population control?

Maybe it's not even cheating?

"Dude, Dude, my excellent Dude, see that hunky man muffin over there, I'm going to psychically bond with him, flirt for three months, and then you two can try to kill each other, and whichever one of you is not dead, I'll maybe have a baby with them in seven years."

Consider asset division?

You get to legally kill some guy and take all his cool shit.

A loving couple, may bring in a third, not romantically, but just because they want his boat, over his dead body. And he's willing to chance dying, because he's lonely and in seven years later he might be able to tap that, if she doesn't force him into another honor killing instead of sex.

No money, and no personal assets in the Federation.

Danja likes this.
  16. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

...wait what? I thought Ponn Farr required them to either have sex or kill someone? Since when is impregnation required?
    How would a male Vulcan even sense whether his swimmers made it to the egg?

XCV330, jackoverfull, Ragitsu and 2 others like this.
  17. Guy Gardener

Vulcan's are touch telepaths.

He's touching her with his penis.

His life sensing penis.

It's like a tricorder, but quieter and collapsible.

Tuvok took care of himself with a hologram, so I'm not sure how the holodeck tricked his telepathy.

The New Frontier novels had a gay Vulcan (Selar's brother?) wafting on about how irrelevant Pon Farr was to him, that he could just skip it, because lady parts are yucky.

It's always been about babies from the beginning.

They take two 7 year old kids and bond them telepathically, and explain to the children either:

a. One day this boy will jizz on your face, and then get back to his important life to do man things.

Or...

b. One day this boy will give you the greatest gift, a baby who you will love and care for.

Spock's quote up there make's it seem like a gay Vulcan can't skip Pon Farr, and that Romulan's also go through Pon Farr as well.

OH!!!

Loop hole!

What if the boy is on the horn, Getting reading to plug his betrothed... But she's already Pregnant? If sensing life in her belly turns off the blood fever, then they could mate out of season, or get artificially inseminated, and rush for a quicky abortion.

Golly.

There's really nothing to stop any one in the Federation from having an abortion whenever they want one?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Yunikuron likes this.
  18. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah it is technically about babies, just like Christian marriage is supposedly about babies. But the Vulcans, being animals capable of reason, surely understand that everybody reproducing every seven years would lead to waaaay too many Vulcans.
    So I assume the Vulcan ladies have the option to use birth control for Ponn Farr.

19. Ragitsu

Ragitsu Commodore Commodore

I'd be shocked if a forward-thinking race such as the Vulcans disapproved of birth control.

20. Guy Gardener

The mother at some point in the pregnancy, which is probably not as immediately as I suggested earlier, is telepathically connected to the baby.

1. Maybe the baby can sense the threat and it fights back.
    2. Maybe the psychic trauma of living though of your fetus being assassinated is not safe for the mother?
    3. Technology prevailing, a mother is redundant. Any fetus of any age, can be removed, and put in a tube to grow safely to full term. Then it's just an adoption, or an orphanage.