Spoilers Lucifer - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

That's too bad...I really like this show.

2. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Very disappointed in FOX. Very disappointed. Don't expect "Gotham" to survive.

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Crap. Gotham would be double crap.

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

"[The cancellation was] a ratings-based decision; we had very a successful late year with all four new dramas renewed. We felt like performance-wise, we needed to make that change."--Fox Chairman

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...cancelled-without-a-season-4-according-to-fox

Social Media and Blockchain Could Provide The Wings To Lift Shows Like 'Lucifer' Out From Purgatory
    Andrew Rossow , Contributor

Lucifer was the fourth FOX show canceled over the weekend, stirring the feelings of writers, producers, cast members, and fans into a frenzy, which is now being funneled through the #SaveLucifer and #PickUpLucifer movements. As a long-time fan since its inception, I was gravely disappointed hearing the news, but soon came to find out that it also came as quite the shock to other "Luci-fans" across the globe, as well as to its cast members. It's important to have these outlets to ensure messages are received by those in the production studios and board rooms.

However, in the age of "fake news" and "online trolls", its hard to distinguish credible, true content from that of non-sense. With the power of blockchain and technology, it would be a smart move by Hollywood to adopt or at least in these ventures which aim to reward users (and fans) through digital currencies and tokens for streaming content and even reviewing that content. Most recently, Ask.fm, one of the largest social media platforms for question and answer generators, just announced its own blockchain platform, hoping to streamline the space, removing the potential for "trolls" and "fake content" to appear on its engines. Why should Hollywood continue operating in the dark?

While every show faces its own obstacles, at the end of the day, understanding and hearing what fans think of these shows is important. Numbers talk. But so does the force driving those numbers. While Lucifer was only averaging 4.1 million viewers all this seems to show is that maybe Fox wasn't the right network or platform to play host to this world of full of demons, angels, and other biblical characters. As Lucifer actress Rachel Harris tweeted, the options are endless--whether it be CBS, NBC, Hulu, or Netflix. This is where blockchain can come into play when it comes to sitting down at the negotiation table with these networks.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...t-to-redeem-show-from-purgatory/#27e7a56c2cd9

5. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

What sort of ratings would a Sunday night 8pm airing get given you're up against The Simpsons and 60mins?

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

What's really upsetting is that tonight's finale ends on a cliffhanger. ugh

7. Marc

yeah I read a couple of weeks back that it would be ending on a cliff hanger.

It would be nice if the networks would reach out to producers and let them know if things are heading towards cancellation and allow them to wind things up if it's more likely than not.

8. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Well, a couple things per the writers:

1) They do wrap-up the current season's plotlines. The cliffhanger just sets things up for the next season.

2) They admitted that they used the cliffhanger because they were on the bubble and thought the studio would be less likely to axe the show on a big cliffhanger.

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Disappointing, liked this one. Plus not nearly enough of the main mythology got addressed, so there’s way too much hanging out there for satisfying conclusion.

-obviously Lucifer’s journey
    -what was the deal/plan with Chloe
    -dropped some hints about Ella that never got touched again

Probably more, but those were the biggies in my head

10. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Dang. A consistently entertaining fluff show, gone. :(

11. Enterprise is Great

I wish they had given this a final 13 episode season like they did with Gotham.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I heard that they filmed two standalone episodes they saved for season 4, including one directed by Kevin Alejandro. Anyone know if that's true?

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Per the co-showrunner:

TVLINE | What happens to the two “bonus” episodes that were filmed this season to air in the fall, if you don’t find a new home?

That is a great question. Fox said they still plan on airing them, though I had heard no sense of when. Honestly, they’re two of our best episodes, so… I think the fans will get to see them in some way, I just don’t know when.

TVLINE | At minimum, it seems like they’d easily end up on a final season DVD set.

Exactly. They’ll get out there somehow, and I’m excited for everyone to see them.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/14/lucifer-recap-season-3-episode-24-series-finale-chloe-sees-devil-face/

14. Enterprise is Great

15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

The two bonus episodes were surprisingly satisfying. I still hope Lucifer can find a new home, but that's not a bad way to go out.

16. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the Ella-centric episode. I figured that Lucifer would be able to see the "ghost" when he got a chance but I didn't guess that she would be an angel. I'm going to miss this show.

Gov Kodos and Snaploud like this.
  17. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

One of the very few shows my wife and I looked forward to watching

18. ElimGarak.93-99

ElimGarak.93-99 Captain Captain

Link:
    https://deadline.com/2018/06/amazon...ved-lucifer-amazon-jennifer-salke-1202407447/

“We were talking about Lucifer,” Jennifer Salke (Amazon Studios head) said during the interview held last Thursday. “I know that international, especially the UK group, was really bullish on that show, I haven’t checked in on that today (Thursday), but I heard conversations were ongoing on that yesterday.

So maybe Lucifer will get a 4th season.

I wonder how people outside the USA will be able to watch Lucifer's season 4.
    Netflix International has the first 3 seasons.
    So far I know, I started watching Lucifer this year, with season 3 you could watch a new episode a day after it was aired on FOX in the US. Including the two bonus episodes.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  19. Marc

fingers crossed

even if it's only a 13 ep series - just so we get some closure now that Chloe knows the truth about Lucifer.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't recall -- was it ever actually specified in dialogue that "Ray-Ray"/Azrael was female? The performer was female, of course, but Azrael is traditionally portrayed as male, and the character seemed somewhat androgynous -- like a big child, befitting the backstory of being Ella's childhood "imaginary friend." It would be interesting if they'd left the character ungendered.

If the show doesn't return, I think there's something to be said for letting her discovery be the ending. I mean, it's the resolution of the biggest dangling thread in the series -- where do you really go from there? Back to the same old case-of-the-week status quo? It's actually not a bad place to end, introducing that profound change and leaving the audience wondering what happens next.

Although it occurred to me that if Amazon did pick up the show, maybe it wouldn't be under as much pressure to be a standard network-TV cop procedural, so maybe there'd be less case-of-the-week, less of the annoying formula of Lucifer going off on some new weird behavioral kick based on someone's offhand comment, and more delving into the larger supernatural saga or elements from the Vertigo comics that were too intense for FOX. If that happened, it could make a renewal worthwhile.

OCD Geek likes this.