Lost Girl Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 5, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ That's certainly how it looked to me.

This episode was totally off the wall. The show seems to be getting more and more mystical in nature, rather than just being about sub-species of Humanity. From the reality effecting Steampunk device to the unnaturally deep pharmacist's bag to the cards falling from the sky. Not that I completely object. I like this sort of thing and, to a degree, it's been there all along. But this struck me like the final episode of The Prisoner did-- totally over the top.

And there was no Kenzie. :( On the plus side, Tamsin is growing on me more and more. Her face cracks me up.

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

That's one of the reasons I don't like her. I didn't like looking at that face in Birds of Prey and I still don't like looking at it.

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Tamsin is growing on me. The actress didn't make much of an impression on me during BIRDS OF PREY, but she's got a nice snarky attitude on LOST GIRL. Plus, I've always liked Valkyries--which I blame on too reading too many issues of THE DEFENDERS at an impressionable age!

And, yeah, I was half-hoping that Bo would exercise her succubus feeding privileges there at the end, instead of just letting Tamsin walk away.

"You know, Lauren and I have this arrangment . . . ."

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

LoBo is Khund for "He who consumes your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it"

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This one was OK, definitely not one the show's best. I found the whole thing with Bo not going to Lauren's award kind of annoying, and the machine thing was just weird. I did enjoy the stuff with Bo and Tamsin, and I really wish the whole episode was just that. And the lack of Kenzi was definitely a big minus two.
    I can definitely see what Christopher is saying about the scientist, although I really hope that wasn't the case. The whole scene was still vague enough that I don't think that is a certainty yet.

6. Greg Cox

Well, that was fast. io9.com has already coined the term "Valkubus."

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

A term which I already coined three weeks ago in this very thread. I'm prophetic!

8. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Geek question: Bo meets LoBo (THE MAIN MAN) in a dark alley. Does Bo seduce him into turning over all his power or does LoBo use her like a Kleenex and go "Now where's this babe Kenzie I been hearin' about?"

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You don't seduce Lobo. He just assumes every man, woman and mammal in the universe wants him and is subtly presenting themselves, but there's only so many hours in the day so he tends to ignore all that... Parasite can drain Superman, but I don't think Bo can drain some like Lobo who is as powerful as Superman because it's just a completely different economy of scale, but in the attempt she would be hella super charged.

Lobo would let Kenzie ride his space dolphins.

10. Greg Cox

I stand corrected!

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I doubt the io9 reviewer reads this forum, so it was probably an independent coinage. (Particularly since they spelled it "Valkcubus.")

12. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's hope these writers are using that conceit against us. Its natural to see this as a plot device, and as I said for the fella and Bo to see it (plot device) as a challenge/risk.

I'm just hoping and praying that Lauren gives them both (if necessary) the smack down for thinking so little of her.

Do you think the interloper could be the wanderer?

13. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

^ Yeah, I'm thinking scientist guy turns out to be The Wanderer.

14. RJDiogenes

I figured he'd either be a romantic complication or up to something shady.

15. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'm kinda in the same boat with you. I just got hooked on the show back in December when I decided to splurge on Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. I don't know why this show captured my attention in a way that other shows don't. But from the outset, something about the DVD boxes just called to me. And once I learned about Doccubus, other considerations pushed it from the maybe-someday-when-I-get-around-to-it pile (where many other shows are currently languishing unwatched, including Being Human, Fringe, Merlin, Primeval, Sanctuary, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, and the last half-season of Battlestar Galactica) to the must-watch-now pile. I finished the first 2 seasons in a matter of weeks but I don't have cable, so I'm fairly lost here. I'm constantly torn between my desire to remain spoiler-free and the fact that I'm a sugar addict licking the empty bowl.

But, yeah, Kenzi is awesome! She's the main reason I have any non-prurient interest in the show. She's just so fun! She reminds me of Maria from Roswell.

Or is this another Quadrangle of Doom like the whole Anders/Starbuck/Apollo/Dee debacle from Battlestar Galatica? (Actually, the might have even been 5 points if you count the Apollo/Dee/Billy stuff.)

16. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Strangely enough, I was totally fascinated with Anna Silk's character of Cassidy in Being Erica, but Lost Girl just does not catch my interest even though I've made myself watch all the episodes in hopes it would get better. It hasn't happened and the latest episode is filled with so much sloppy writing and unexplained stuff that its unfathomable. I think I'm bowing out of Lost Girl for good.

17. JanewayRulz!

:eek:

Wait... which half was Roslyn's "I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU!" threat screamed out????

:wtf:

You missed that????

;)

(BSG geek)

18. JanewayRulz!

Now that I've finished season 1 & 2 's dvds and caught the early season 3 eps... I have a couple questions... one which I'll repeat.

1) I realize "we saw" Bo kiss/ko the dude at the end of the premiere, and have seen her dream about it... but why would she lose it so bad with a fae that he died (I thought she couldn't kill fae that way, just humans) and NOT even come close to losing it with Lauren. Lauren should succumb more easily due to her humaness.

So, did Bo really kill that dark fae guy, or is that a vision / nightmare placed within her to lead us astray?

2) Are we sure that the photo Tamsin showed coma guy was Bo? (It didn't look like her, although the full photo was never seen).

If Tamsin was placed within the police dept to pin the dark fae murders on Bo, why didn't she tell the Morrigan the truth IF Bo did them... or tell the truth IF Bo didn't do them?

3) Is the reason the Morrigan doesn't like Tamsin and want her dead (in the "Revert them to prepubertal teen episode") because she suspects the Valkarie is holding something back... or is there something else going on between these two that makes them distrust/dislike each other?

4) Since there are bad "light fae" why is it so hard for Bo to consider there are good "dark fae", and who do you believe on that score? Is Tamsin one of the good guys.. or not?

Have you seen the interview before season 3 aired? Contains spoilers re: blood on someone's shirt and the name/relationship of an upcoming guest star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0Ouy_CNMM

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0Ouy_CNMM[/yt]

and part 2 is here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHVm0dn1hDc

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHVm0dn1hDc[/yt]

and 3 is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZdBArPKTY

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oZdBArPKTY[/yt]

19. JanewayRulz!

Well... the dawning was a bit... underwhelming. :rolleyes:

Dyson was ready to stay in limbo for eternity. Gotta love those loyal "lone" wolf types. I think if Kenzi was ever reincarnated, she return as Dyson. :beer:

Loved Kenzi stealing the shells from Trick's shot gun. :bolian: You go, girl!

Was glad they mentioned the events of the last ep a couple times, but was confused by Lauren's response, ignoring 27 attempts to contact her before Bo went into a fight she may not survive??? :cardie:

Was pleased with Kenzi's response. You KISSED (Tamsin)her???? :eek:

Talking about a polygon... with Lauren, Bo is connected to humanity, with Dyson she is connected to the Light Fae, and with Tamsin she is connected to the Dark Fae. :mallory:

Of course... whether Lauren can handle the idea of sharing Bo with others that love Bo as much as Lauren does... vs just sharing Bo with someone "servicing" her succubus needs, is the real question. :vulcan:

We already know Dyson's answer, although he's too honorable to repeat himself. :brickwall:

We don't know anything about what Tamsin thinks. :confused:

It will be interesting to hear what the Mother thinks. :eek:

20. RJDiogenes

Well, that was another surreal episode, though a bit anticlimactic. I find it hard to believe that every single Fae goes through something like this-- I have a feeling that the experience for the average Fae is a bit more low rent.

And was that Caretaker guy the Hippie Werewolf from Being Human?

And why didn't anyone comment on Bo going all Dark Bo again? Did she suck that memory out of their heads?