Lost Girl Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 5, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps you are looking in the wrong branch of entertainment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Checkmate_members

Then again, knowing "Guy", he could be referencing 1960's TV shows...

(Wiki is NOT cooperating with those links today)

And if we are referencing old TV shows, I'd prefer Lost Girl doing a Honey West crossover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_West

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLbPTT7o3w

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waSKAqXU708[/yt]

She's even blonde!

:lol:

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shit.

Endgame, not Checkmate.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1797629/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Agrophophobic Russian chess grandmaster who will not wear shoes solves crimes/murders/mysteries all over "the city" from the security of the luxury hotel that barely tolerates his diva behaviour.

3. JanewayRulz!

Hmmm.
    If I wanted a diva, I'd pick Rebecca Ryan from "American Dreamer" 1984

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086886/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_mSnuX71Y

I LOVE the drunk under the table scene! 5 min 20 secs

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY_mSnuX71Y[/yt]

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Good point. That makes me feel better.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jobeth Williams, currently a seldomly recurring guest star on Hart of Dixie. :)

I found out that today Drop Dead Diva has crawled it's way out of Cancellation, so I've capped my wishing for Divas quota for this month.

6. JanewayRulz!

There's Bo place like home.

I thought after the last ep, that Bo was mad at Lauren for not helping her save Kenzi. Was I wrong? :rolleyes:

Do we know why Bo's adoptive mom was crazy mean... was it the underfae? Or has she become intermittently nice in her dementia... "forgetting" to be mean, as it were? :rolleyes:

I like Kenzi more and more each time I see her. Loved it when she gaped at Dougie describing himself as Goth. :lol:

7. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Hey, stupid question from someone who only watches it for the lipstick lesbianism:

Okay, the only way humans are allowed to operate in the Fae world is if they're "claimed" by Fae, right? Well, Lauren was last claimed by the previous Ashe. Now that he's dead, does that mean she's operating in the Fae world illegally, or has she been officially claimed by Bo, or does just being Bo's girlfriend mean everyone just considers her claimed?

8. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Given that the new Ash is Hale, who is a friend of theirs and probably has a lot more important issues on his plate, I imagine he's not being a stickler about this and is cutting Bo some slack where Lauren is concerned. If and when "Docubbus" starts to interfere with Fae business, they may have to deal with this.

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Got it. Thank you!

10. Greg Cox

I didn't get the impression that Bo's adoptive mom was crazy mean the whole time she was growing up. It sounds like she had a fairly normal childhold--up to the point where her succubus nature surfaced and her freaked-out mom didn't handle it very well. (To put it mildly.)

11. JanewayRulz!

^^I did like her memory of the butterfly... as did Bo.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was the impression I got as well.
    I really enjoyed this episode. It was fun getting to go back and see where Bo grew up.

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I guess the writers hated all that idiocy as much as the audience.

14. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This was a really good episode. The actress who played Bo's Mom was fantastic. The scene at the end, where she is communicating all these flashes of conflicting emotions through the dementia, all without a word, was outstanding.

And Kenzie was in fine form, too. I loved her reaction to "sensible shoes." And she looked cute in the country dress.

And looks like Trick has a potential love interest. Or at least nookie interest.

15. JanewayRulz!

http://www.theloop.ca/showbiz/tv-guide/article/-/a/1746064/-Lost-Girl-finds-a-fourth-season

Since this is a show produced by Showcase for Canada... does that mean its less likely to suffer the Eureka / Warehouse 13 (?) fate of being dropped after a few artificialy stretched out seasons? :confused:

Adding to a growing list of things I didn't know about this series... is the fact that Anna Silk is pregnant. :bolian:

http://www.theloop.ca/showbiz/tv-guide/news/article/-/a/1087067/-Lost-Girl-baby-on-the-way

Congrats to Anna and her Hubby! :)

16. Greg Cox

I feel obliged to point out that EUREKA ran for five seasons (which is a decent run in an age when network shows rarely survive their first season) while WH13 is in its fourth season and is still going strong.

Compare that to, say, TERRA NOVA or ALCATRAZ or FLASHFORWARD or THE EVENT or THE SECRET CIRCLE or AWAKE or DOLLHOUSE or FIREFLY, etc.

I'm not sure where people got the idea that Syfy is quicker to cancel genre shows than anybody else. If anything, it seems to be the other way around . . . .

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Exactly. SF/fantasy shows generally die far more quickly on the big networks. Heck, already in the current season we've seen Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue premiere and get cancelled within a few months, Do No Harm die after two episodes, and Zero Hour get pulled after three episodes, while Cult is struggling and seems likely to be cancelled soon. It's been a pretty disastrous year for new genre shows on the networks, with the exception of Arrow and maybe Beauty and the Beast and Revolution.

Perhaps the perception of Syfy as a show-killer comes, paradoxically, from the fact that they do keep their genre shows on longer than most networks, long enough to win more of a loyal audience that's upset when they do come to an end, whereas the legion of fast-dying SF/F shows on the broadcast networks don't hang around long enough, or aren't good enough, for the audience to care as much about their ending. I know I'm a lot more upset about losing Alphas after two seasons than I was about losing Terra Nova, Awake, Alcatraz, or FlashForward after one.

18. Greg Cox

Yeah, I think the common perception that "Syfy cancels everything too soon!" stems from a few high-profile fan favorites (Farscape, SGU, whatever) that were perhaps cancelled before their time, despite the fact that even Farscape ran three or four seasons--which is longer than the original Star Trek did!

There's no rule that says every genre show is guaranteed a seven-year run! :)

(The EUREKA thing is particularly puzzling. I mean, it's not as though the show was murdered in its cradle. Most shows would be delighted to run five full seasons!)

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Not to mention that the network gave Eureka an extra episode so they could wrap things up properly.

As for SGU, if people are lamenting its early cancellation, I think they're forgetting how much the fans complained about the show when it was on. The network can't keep a show around if the viewers don't respond to it. Similarly with Caprica -- the fan and critical reactions to it were mixed at best. Now, personally I quite liked SGU, and while I had mixed feelings about Caprica, I liked it better than BSG. But lots of other people apparently felt differently. Ditto with The Dresden Files -- I liked it okay, but fans of the books weren't crazy about it.

Now, I really liked Alphas and thought it was getting good reviews overall, but apparently its ratings weren't holding up. Still, it did get two seasons, which is more than most of the broadcast-network genre shows from the past couple of years have gotten.

20. Greg Cox

And, for that matter, HAVEN is going into its fourth season, and BEING HUMAN is in its third . . .

(Counting down to inevitable comment: "'But . . . wrestling!")

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013