Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueStuff, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I realize i'm pretty late to the party, I just watched Black Panther last night on Netflix. Was it a good movie? Absolutely. Was it a great movie? No, not really. I found the basic story to be quite predictable. Is this motion picture Oscar worthy? Not by a long shot. A fun and entertaining pop-corn flick, nothing more. All in all, I was entertained and liked the movie. B+

Q2

Relayer1 and Admiral2 like this.
  2. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I've rewatched Pulp Fiction. I love that movie.

3. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Went to see Welcome to Marwen & Bohemian Rhapsody at the AMC Tyler yesterday. WtM went right off the rails at the end, but BR was really pretty good.

4. Damian

Damian Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just rewatched 2001: A Space Odyssey the other night for the first time in a while. Every time I watch it I'm amazed and saddened somewhat. The level of accuracy put into the film was pretty groundbreaking for a space based film. Sure it wasn't 100% accurate but it was damn close for a film made in the 1960's. I've generally enjoy Kubrick's films, he along with Alfred Hitchcock (the best director that ever lived IMO, I've seen all his American and most of his British films) and the more contemporary Paul Thomas Anderson. And 2001 is no exception.

The ending is hard to understand, though over the years I've learned to understand most of what we are seeing. The sequel film 2010 also helps with some of that (while not on the level of 2001, 2010 was a good film as well).

Why do I get a bit saddened? Because back in 1969 they thought we would be so far along in space travel. In 2001 they thought space travel would be routine enough to have hotel lobbies in space stations and private space carriers, and bases on the moon. It was probably pretty logical to assume at the time that we would not stop at the moon, but would continue making advances, building space stations, moon stations and sending ships to explore some of the nearer planets in our solar system. We now sit at 2019 and for many years since the first moon landing we actually went backwards. Perhaps we'll get back to the moon in the next 10 years, it'd be nice to get to Mars in my lifetime but I have serious doubts about that. A future like Star Trek depicted? Well that seems farther off then ever. Maybe the 33rd century would have been a better pick then the 23rd for the setting :shrug:

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  5. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and then some of Rogue One on Netflix last night ...

I was bored, something to do....

6. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Django Unchained (still on the Tarantino movies)

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Mary Poppins Returns. I really enjoyed it. Parts of it were a bit sad, though. I even teared up once or twice.

8. RunningValkyrie

RunningValkyrie Captain Captain

But I’m a Cheerleader, a fun campy movie that we showed at the LGBTI center yesterday. A lighter version of The Miseducation of Cameron Frost.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

The Aaron Sorkin Steve Jobs movie. Ugh, what a melodramatic mess that was. Focuses too much on the drama behind the scenes during launch events and misses the core issues. Much preferred the Jobs movie with Ashton Kutcher as Jobs.

10. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Total Recall: One of the best Schwarzy movies. Plus a quite good adaptation of a K.Dick story.

11. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Watched The Commuter starring Liam Neeson via Hulu the other night. It was alright, as far as action movies go.

12. RunningValkyrie

Hold the dark on Netflix. It was quite good.

13. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

True Lies: Not as good as "Total Recall" but still very entertaining.

14. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Just watched Venom with my wife, much better then I expected

15. RunningValkyrie

Aquaman. It was entertaining.

16. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Twins: Another Arnold movie... entertaining... sort of.

17. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Attack the Block. Got to see Finn and Doctor Who in a movie together.

18. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Goblet of Fire

19. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

The Exorcist

20. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Aquaman. My son went with me and we had a few Mystery Science Theater moments, but on the whole the movie was fun.