Last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueStuff, Oct 8, 2017.

1. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 5 yesterday (Dead Men Tell No Tales)
    It's not bad though imho it might have profited from shortening it by half an hour (the too literal bank robbery was too long, as were the many fighting scenes. The CGI were very good, though. J. Depp was disappointing. I understand that he had quite a lot of influence on the script as far as his character was concerned and that resulted in Cpt Sparrow being rather out of character for half the movie. Only in the second half, Depp appears to have found his sea-legs.
    Geoffrey Rush, on the other hand, was even better than in the previous movies and visibly enjoyed showing a few new facets of Cpt Barbosa's character.
    On the whole, on a scale from 1 to 10 I'd rate the movie as a 6-7. Nice entertainment but not really a must-see.

2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally saw 'Won't you be my Neighbor?'. Loved it. It reminded me of my childhood and that it's never bad to keep your inner child and to remember to be kind towards others. I respect him even more now. Making sure to pick this up on dvd. 10/10

Scribble likes this.
  3. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Spider-Man Homecoming - Finally got around to watching it, since I've had the DVD since last Christmas.

4. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That new Jurassic World came to Amazon. It wasn't terrible, but I had the revelation that they're basically now just doing Planet of The Apes, with dinosaurs... Blue = Caesar.

6. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Admiral Admiral

I watched Dumb and Dumber again. It was just as dumb as the last time and exactly what I needed tonight.

7. Scribble

Scribble Commodore Commodore

Fahrenheit 11/9

It was...effective.

8. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Rented it from Amazon too. I agree, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't very good either. It meandered all over the place. I don't know if it suffered from a lack of rewrites or too many chopped scenes with needed plot points. Owen was completely flat (was Chris Pratt phoning it in?) and the 'villain' was so, so one dimensional. Only bright spot for me was Bryce Dallas Howard and the clone kid. Half way trough, I was rooting for the dinosaurs to eat everyone. Universal better take a long hard look at the script for the next one or this franchise will falter and fade away...

Q2

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I usually hope for most of the cast to get eaten right from the start lol. Not enough of that in this one IMHO. People we don't like, some we do... They're supposed to eat everybody :guffaw:

I think most of Pratt's good stuff must've hit the editing room floor. Dude had only 1 memorable line

10. Nyotarules

Nyotarules Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Captain America The Winter Soldier

11. Gary Mitchell

Back when I saw the first Jurassic Park movie I was hoping the dinosaurs would eat everyone.

Nyotarules likes this.
  12. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last night I saw Solo which was ok, nothing special.
    And just saw mission impossible: Roque Nation, fun movie with humor.

But after having seen the scientology documentary on netflix, it's hard to see Tom Cruise as a nice guy

Scribble likes this.
  13. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw for the umpteenth time "Groundhog Day". I love that movie. It's like my favourite Frasier episode where Martin, Frasier, Niles and Eddie are in the Winnebago and want to toast the new Century in. I never tire of that either.

14. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder The Real Kim Cardassian Premium Member

The never ending story.

No lie, I didn’t see how it ended. I fell asleep after the horse died. It made me sad. When I get sad I have the insatiable need to nap.

15. Gary Mitchell

Sometimes sad movies can make me appreciate how things are in real life. I watched On the Beach the other day and it did that for me.

Scribble and TribbleFeeder like this.
  16. Kor

Kor Admiral Admiral

Robin Hood: Men in Tights, an underappreciated classic.

Kor

USS Firefly likes this.
  17. thribs

thribs Commodore Commodore

Avengers Assemble in 4K. Looked pretty good.

18. Jayson1

Jayson1 Vice Admiral Rear Admiral

Just watched "The Rock" again earlier today. I am shocked nobody has talked about a sequel or remake. I mean I want to see who killed JFK like Cage finds out at the end of the movie but doesn't tell the audience.

Jason

19. Azlan82

Azlan82 Ensign Newbie

The Mummy (1999)....with Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz, I watched it for the first time in at least 10 years because I never watched the 2nd, 3rd or the new Cruise one, so I thought I would work my way all four back to back.

20. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Angst (1983)... rewatched after several years. It's an excellent (and influential) film; shame Kargl never made another one.