Spoilers Krypton season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Tuvix5675, Mar 22, 2018.

1. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

I would say more the latter, with a couple of major characters, Krypton, Earth, Superman, the future, and who knows what all else in some kind of unresolved crisis or jeopardy. (Not sure why that means you should wait till next year to watch, however.)

2. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

I would say they resolve the core season one story while setting up several mysteries for next season. My suggestion would be to watch the whole season rather then wait. If there was still a doubt as to whether or not season two will go ahead I might tell you to hold off, but since we will see more, it satisfied me :)

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yes. It decisively resolves the major story arc of this season, then has a time jump at the end to show the new status quo that will drive the second season.

4. dodge

dodge Vice Admiral Admiral

Limited time, big backlog of stuff I wanna check out and I'd rather check out something that has some sort of an ending, though....

... its sounds like that is the case here. I don't mind if the cliffhanger is a tease for next season.
    Thanks all.

5. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

A Den of Geek interview with one of the showrunners has clarified the situation with Adam Strange somewhat.
    Apparently, he zeta-beamed back to present-day Detroit, which in the altered timeline, first fell under Zod's dominion and was then captured and bottled by Brainiac -- not the Brainiac of Krypton's era, but one still active in the 21st century, thus proving his defeat in this episode wasn't permanent.
    Confused yet?

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

Which population seems smaller, Kryptonians or Asgardians?

7. Christopher

In the movies, Asgard seems about the size of a single city. In the show, I believe they said that Kandor is one of seven Kryptonian city-states. So I'd say that, between those two versions, the Asgardian population is smaller.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

I was thinking on-screen, show not tell, they both seem pretty puny. :)

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

With lifespans of 50 centuries... Pregnancies would last 30 years, and the window for an ethical abortion would be 8 years.

It'd be positively exhausting to grow their village more than a few thousand persons.

10. Christopher

In that case, I'd still go with Asgardians, if we're talking about Thor: Ragnarok specifically. The Asgard scenes carried little emotional weight because there was nobody there to identify with except Heimdall, and maybe Skurge if a few conflicted, brooding looks from Karl Urban are enough to constitute a characterization. There was hardly any there there. But Krypton has established a fair number of supporting characters to give a feel for the community on the various social strata.

11. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Admiral

A few eps back it was mentioned the population of Krypton was in the millions which I thought in a way was a bit small but as the planet is depicted here, it's not particularly hospitable leading to a lower population.

12. Tuvix5675

Tuvix5675 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm confused by the appearance of Dev Em in this episode. How did he get back to normal? Didn't he die as an infected agent of Rao a few episodes back?

13. Marc

Well 3/4 normal given he's not got an artificial arm but yes there seems to be something missing about his resurrection. Maybe what ever "infected" him withdrew thinking that he was a good as dead but then how does he get back into Kandor after he was shot and left for dead. Perhaps S2 will explain all.

14. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Did you guys not watch Episodes 8 and 9?

15. Marc

Yes.

I can remember him getting shot and dragging himself (or maybe that was Jayna).

16. DigificWriter

Lyta, Jayna, Seg, and Zod go retrieve him in Savage Night and use his interface connection with the Voice of Rao to incapacitate the Red Shard so they can attack while the Voice is draining the Genesis Chamber.

17. Marc

okay remember that part now - though still no sure who he got medical help as I thought he was left for dead.

18. DigificWriter

They brought him to the Fortress of Solitude and hooked him up to the equipment that they used to access his neural interface, and also hooked him up to medical equipment at the same time, and Lyta mentions in passing in Episode 9, Hope, that he's recovering and will survive.

19. crookeddy

crookeddy Commodore Commodore

It was pretty much clear as day that they brought him to the fortress and he was making a recovery... You had to have missed an episode to be this confused.

20. crookeddy

crookeddy Commodore Commodore

0.56 million is the rating for the finale, which is the second lowest of the season. This show will have to pick up viewers before season 2 premieres to survive past 2 seasons, and I don't think it's going to pick any up, due to the fact that it's a rather awful show.

Morpheus 02 likes this.