Spoilers Justice League - Grading and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Nov 13, 2017.

?

Grade the Movie

1. A+

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. A

12 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. B+

20 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. B

15 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. B-

12 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. C+

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  8. C

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. D+

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  11. D

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  13. F

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

That math doesn't check out.

Off the top of my head there's the Batman intro(movie is 1:45ish without credits, so just that is about 5% of the movie!), Lois/Martha scenes, the stuff in the Batcave, Wonderbat scenes, everything with the Russian family, Miles Dyson at Star Labs... that is all Whedon, so there you already have more than 20% of the movie, and that's not even going into all the inserted lines here and there and the Superman CGI face stuff, so conservatively it would be at the very least in the 30-40% ballpark for the Whedon stuff.

2. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Since "Justice League" reminds me so much of "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" - both the good and the bad - I'm willing to buy a copy of this film. But I would love to see how Synder's original view of the film.

3. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

If Whedon had reshot that much, Snyder would've lost his solo Directorial credit by virtue of DGA guidelines.

Plus, Charles Roven publicly stated that the reshoots amounted to about 15-20% of the film as released.

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Apparently it wasn't very good either. Looks like Timm needs time to recharge or he's lost it too.

5. dahj

It's not really an "if"...
    I am curious, which of the stuff I listed do you think Snyder shot?

crookeddy likes this.
  6. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't provide facts to people like this. On this board are several clowns who absolutely refuse to see any kind of reason and just spout the same idiotic bullshit over and over. They are best ignored as they serve no value here.

ichab likes this.
  7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shaved but not forgotten. I really didn't notice the CGI face that much, but I will admit I wasn't really watching his face that closely.
    But with so many people being bothered by it, I do wonder if they might have been better off just using his real face. I know we don't usually see Superman with a mustache or beard, but I don't really see any reason why he absolutely couldn't have one.

8. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There were already filmed scenes sans facial hair. They'd have had to reshoot all of Cavill's scenes if they wanted to keep the soup strainer. :techman:

9. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Or add it in with CGI. Supposedly it's easier to digitally add facial hair than to remove it. (Though frankly, I'm very surprised the latter is evidently hard. I would have thought in this age of computer wizardry you could seamlessly delete a mustache with a keystroke.)

10. dahj

If they kept the beard they'd also have to switch lines so that Lois would say "Itchy" instead. :p

11. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I didn't mind the bad cgi, the thing I most noticed was that Superman looks happy :)

Morpheus 02 likes this.
  12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Random question: Do Americans notice that Henry Cavill's American accent is fake? To me, a Brit, it sounds flawless. But I'm curious what natives think.

13. crookeddy

Foreigners tend to nail the American accent. Americans cannot nail any accent.

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It depends. Cavill is fine as a Midwestern American Clark Kent.

Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange is fucking awful (he over-enunciates his Rs to a ridiculous extent).

Ovation and F. King Daniel like this.
  15. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's because Americans are awesome and everybody wants to be like us. :techman:

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

As an American, I often wonder what people from other countries consider to be an American accent. There are so many accents within America, that I think it would be hard to nail down. There's a Boston accent and a New York accent and those two cities aren't really that far apart. Hell, the Brooklyn accent is a sub accent of the New York accent. There are multiple different flavors of the southern accent. There's a Midwestern accent. I'm sure that folks on the East Coast would say that I speak with a West Coast accent. Is it "soda", is it "pop", or is it "soda pop"?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  17. dahj

Cletus from The Simpsons, basically. :D

Set Harth, Anwar and Turtletrekker like this.
  18. crookeddy

I think it's the accent from newscasters. So the California accent.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's American accents are especially bad, even to my British ear.

20. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

Hugh Laurie's accent in house grated on me.

Nerys Myk likes this.