JD's Comic Book Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

“Cyberpulp”. Kudos to whom ever came up with that.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anybody know if Boom's Buffy The Last Vampire Slayer is set in the original universe or the reboot universe? I'm curious about it, but if it's in the reboot universe I want until I've read more of those series before I start it.

3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

I thought this was the thread where this news would reach the most interested people.

So, you might remember a couple of years ago word spread online that William Messner-Loeb, former writer of The Flash and Wonder Woman (with a lot of elements and characters he introduced during his run making it on the Flash TV series) had fallen in such financial distress that he and his wife had become homeless.

Well, finally, the Hero Initiative managed to get the couple some stable housing:

Mike Farley and Nerys Myk like this.
  4. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Marvel is losing the Conan comics licence. Kind of.

So, the owner, Conan Properties, is apparently looking to do their own comics in the future. But, they still leave Marvel the publishing licence for their previous Conan comics, so the Omnibus and Epic collections can continue, and they also apparently gave Marvel the licence to use Conan in the Savage Avengers series.

5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

That's a shame.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't like him being in that series?

7. Josh Kelton

Josh Kelton Commander Red Shirt

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I’ve got a digital code for the first issue of the new ASM comic if anyone wants it. Just message me

9. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Fished reading ASM #900 and I wasn’t particularly impressed with it. I was hoping they would go into what was happening with Parker and MJ but instead we get a story about someone kidnapping the sinister six. I mean the story was fine but not terribly interesting for a landmark issue. Even the side stories were rather meh.