• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Jayru (JSnaith's) 3D Trek

interesting that the side... clamps? things around the dish are shaped and clip into the secondary hull such that they resemble the starfleet delta, slightly stretched.... is that intentional, something the original does too that i never noticed after all these years?
 
interesting that the side... clamps? things around the dish are shaped and clip into the secondary hull such that they resemble the starfleet delta, slightly stretched.... is that intentional, something the original does too that i never noticed after all these years?

It's one way to get them onto the hull, there is another way however...
 
I did, and I am building a refit Connie that will be able to hold all these things - and work.

I scaled the TOS Connie to 399 meters
Thank you for that.

The later bridge on the 1701-A would ruin Probert's lines and force the bridge to have a rabbit-eared look due to more widely spaced turbo lifts:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I could take that on a Miranda--but not the refit.

You make some of the best saucers I have seen...where the refit B/C deck on the 1/537-ish model is jarringly... abrupt, yours blends with the saucer much more elegantly.
 
Thank you for that.

The later bridge on the 1701-A would ruin Probert's lines and force the bridge to have a rabbit-eared look due to more widely spaced turbo lifts:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I could take that on a Miranda--but not the refit.

You make some of the best saucers I have seen...where the refit B/C deck on the 1/537-ish model is jarringly... abrupt, yours blends with the saucer much more elegantly.
Thank you - actually, the B/C Deck superstructure is janky as hell and I junked it in favour of a new one:



More soon
 
Slow day, as I rebuilt the upper superstructure and the bridge (perfectionist), but progress is being made. Onto the saucer rim now. Upper saucer and Impulse gubbings are all done. Nacelles and Pylons are done. Just need to keep moving forward with intent.



Speaking of intent, I am suffering from the early stages of burnout. I will finish the USS Odyssey, but I may then take a protracted break and reset my nervous system.
 
Slow day, as I rebuilt the upper superstructure and the bridge (perfectionist), but progress is being made. Onto the saucer rim now. Upper saucer and Impulse gubbings are all done. Nacelles and Pylons are done. Just need to keep moving forward with intent.



Speaking of intent, I am suffering from the early stages of burnout. I will finish the USS Odyssey, but I may then take a protracted break and reset my nervous system.

Burnout's a bitch, been fighting one for a year or two now. Take time brother, your CGI work is the best, but you are more important.
 
Burnout's a bitch, been fighting one for a year or two now. Take time brother, your CGI work is the best, but you are more important.
Thank you, I am... Ok at the moment, but I know if I push too hard, I will just burn out and probably have a meltdown as well. Too many things are going on in RL at the moment with the Office move and setup. But I'm an adult; I can manage these things. Ok, I'm an adult with autism and ADHD - but I still have my marbles and can safely manage things. Oddly enough, finishing off the Odyssey will help. It's anotehr thing I can mark as "done."

Updates:



Saucer rim is done; all the rooms are in - including a Rec Deck as well. Because this is not the Enterprise, I feel justified in making some changes. After all, no two ships would ever be the same.

Anyways, more soon.
 
Don't know if you all remember this one - it's from a couple of years back. I was challenged to do my version of the Constitution (thank you to the one who challenged me):



And what's a ship without a few shuttles?



I will be coming back to this one to do some tweaks and tidying up. But that's for the future. More soon.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top