• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Jayru (JSnaith's) 3D Trek

that Oberth rescale is dope. what did you figure the crew size is on that, compared to the original of ~80? also, do you remember that one ship you did that was essentially an Oberth upper & lower hulls fused together, without being separated by pylons? (see attached images) what was the crew count on that?

EDIT: I do hope you don't mind me reuploading your old images just like that. I just figured it was the fastest way to show you which ship I meant. Do let me know if you want them taken down.

d9a921ff43d2.jpg
10e8bddd0433.jpg
 
that Oberth rescale is dope. what did you figure the crew size is on that, compared to the original of ~80? also, do you remember that one ship you did that was essentially an Oberth upper & lower hulls fused together, without being separated by pylons? (see attached images) what was the crew count on that?

EDIT: I do hope you don't mind me reuploading your old images just like that. I just figured it was the fastest way to show you which ship I meant. Do let me know if you want them taken down.

d9a921ff43d2.jpg
10e8bddd0433.jpg
I figure it's close to 120.

No problem with sharing the images - you left the credits on (which I am very grateful for). Actually, the Challenger was built to the new scale, so it should sit nicely with the others. I shall play with some renders.

More later
 
thanks for the reply! :)

and great work on the new ship. not really sure I like that bump underneath the shuttlebay floor (what's that for anyway?), but integrating the rear torpedo launchers into the cutout section is a nice idea.
 
Great work on all
Thank you



thanks for the reply! :)

and great work on the new ship. not really sure I like that bump underneath the shuttlebay floor (what's that for anyway?), but integrating the rear torpedo launchers into the cutout section is a nice idea.
On this iteration of the ship, I use it as the tractor beam mount.



That was a surface detail that was lifted from the TMP refit (among many other things) for this design. It was simply listed as a mounting point for a formation light.
:bolian:
 
There have been two ways that really made me love the Connie.
TMP......and everything you have done with every version of this class. You sir, are a god.
Bit overwhelmed by that mate...

I'm no God; I mean, I have tried snapping my fingers to get a cup of tea, but my other half just laughs and tells me to do it myself, lol.


The TMP Refit Connie is done. I just ned to add the light rig and post some images. Working on the Kamcaira at the moment (my take on what a Connie could be). Areas in red are being worked on with new details. Too many windows on this one, and I was never happy with the Nacelles:



More later.
 
Updates:




Fun to build.




New nacelles and pylons. Lots of mesh errors are gone.




The hangar bay is in; it needs a bit more work, however.

And...



Shuttles have been tweaked and fitted with the new naclle design.

Still a few things I want to work on with this one, but she's getting close to me being happy. More soon.
 
You, sir, are a legend!
“When is a legend, legend? Why is a myth a myth? How old and discussed must a fact be for it to be relegated to the category "Fairy-tale"? And why do certain facts remain incontrovertible while others lose their validity to assume a shabby, unstable character?”
― Anne McCaffrey, Dragonflight

I am indeed a shabby and unstable character, lol


Really liking the whole concept of the ship and the updated shuttle craft as well. Keep up the great work. :techman: :techman: :techman: :techman: :techman:
More work is going to be done. I think the torpedo launcher on the neck needs more work. And the shuttles need better impulse vents.

And then... I think I'm being handed a paintbrush so I can add my mark to the new office: light green walls, varnished wood for the skirting board and woodwork (and floor) and then my new desk can be set up, along with the shelves for my collectables, and then...

We shall see.

But until then, more on the Kamcaria later.




PS: Not sure if we've had this discussion before, but the name "Kamcaira" has no origin. If it were a real word in the dictionary, its definition would be "a made-up word that sounds nice". My other half suggested "Zakatutu" - which is cool as well and would have the same definition.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top