Is Star Trek: Picard lasting 7 seasons a possibility?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Garak234, Jan 16, 2022.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Possibly. Largely because he has the opportunity to define his legacy outside of Starfleet.

Danja likes this.
  2. Mondragon

Mondragon Commander Red Shirt

That was by design, the whole point was to take Picard out of the familiar, they were meant to be the antithesis of a functioning recognizable crew, that was familiar to see Picard with.
    They were supposed to be broken and adrift.
    Yet by nature of who Picard is, what he inspires, and potential he sees in others, they would become a crew.

Next season should tell how well they function as one. Although if the goal is to break them up by end, that is a legit story to tell as well.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    Sci, Llywela and Danja like this.
  3. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

I'm curious to see what kind of influence Jean-Luc has on one of Trek's toughest nuts -- Seven of Nine.

Reanok, Lord Garth and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  4. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think they'd want to market the final season properly, which means they wouldn't announce it until after season 2 has aired.

I'd be happy to see one of them go (she just doesn't work for me), but sad for the other.

Yes, and I like that concept very much. We have tons of Starfleet Trek shows, why one cannot be about something else is beyond me. Will SF always be a big art of JL? Of course.

Did the show succeed in making them a family in the end? Not quite, for me. The final image suggests they think they did. I would hope they grow together as a team during the next seasons.

True.
    And if they decided to explore Seven more, hell yes, she's interesting enough to carry a show as a lead. It all depends on the writing of course, as always.

I would NOT like Picard to go on without Picard. I don't care if they named the ship after him, or - God forbid - his heterofore unknown son would take over, as has been suggested by some.

Danja, Lord Garth and Reanok like this.
  5. Mondragon

Mondragon Commander Red Shirt

Yeah I'm more than comfortably resigned to the show being only 3 seasons, and ends with Picard (Stewart's) departure, which is what I imagined from the go.
    I never expected more.

However addressing a hypothetical continuing spin-off, with the rest of the crew, no I wouldn't call it Picard either, without him.
    It would need a new name. (as it would not be the same show)
    If that holds any interest for anyone, really depends how much they develop them further, and how they function as a crew by the end.
    I doubt there will be more, yet I like the crew enough, I would definitely give the show and cast a shot if for some reason there was.
    Be it, continuing adventures on La Sirena itself, independent of Starfleet.
    Or if Starfleet re-commissions them, (as some new images (at least in one possible time-line) may suggest) possibly into their own ship...
    Although I would keep La Sirena as their unofficial Shuttle Craft/Runabout.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But again (baring some unlikely break out narrative where everyone suddenly needs to see what happens to them next) I'm more than comfortable assuming this is over with S3.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  6. Danja

I figured it was just a matter of time before Admiral Clancy got wind of Jean-Luc's post-retirement escapades.

I wrote a fic to that effect called "Back in the Fold."

7. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Commodore Commodore

https://trekmovie.com/2022/02/19/in...on-3-and-his-star-trek-anthology-series-idea/
    Chances of Picard season 4 are seeming a little slimmer.

Uhura's Song likes this.
  8. fireproof78

3 seems reasonable.

9. Danja

The collar on Elnor's uniform(?) is different than the others'.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  10. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Patrick Stewart is getting up there in years, didn't they film seasons 2 and 3 at the same time just out of doubts of his continuing availability?

11. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So’s the style of the rest of it, presumably because he’s in a cadet uniform.

12. Danja

Why would they assign him to a division right off the bat?

Wesley Crusher and the Prodigy cadets have gray uniforms.

Rios and Raffi's uniforms are remniscent of the Prodigy uniforms. If nothing else, the show has forced the rest of the franchise to pick a style and stick to it.

https://trekmovie.com/2022/02/19/in...on-3-and-his-star-trek-anthology-series-idea/

No anthology series:
    Sorry, guys ... No Star Trek: Worf anytime soon.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Lord Garth likes this.
  13. JoaquinSlowly

The top is red, and the bottom looks grey, not dissimilar form the red topped and black bottomed cadet uniforms that students at the Academy, including Wesley, wore circa TNG-DS9.

I agree on the similarity between the Prodigy era uniforms and the ones Rios, Musiker and Picard are wearing, and to the uniforms on California Class ships on Lower Decks.

The uniform that Elnor is wearing looks grey with a red portion on top, and the division between colors isn’t straight across. It has an angle/point to it that’s like the bottom portion of the TNG uniforms moved up, sort of reminiscent to the specialized Protostar uniforms, and cadet variants, but with the angle pointing up, like TNG, instead of down, like Prodigy.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  14. Danja

It would fit with the retro-LCARS photos Terry Matalas has been tweeting for the past year.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  15. JoaquinSlowly

True! ‪‪I’m enjoying the SF look we’ve seen from Seasons 2 and 3 a lot.

Danja likes this.
  16. Danja

Admiral Janeway (Prodigy):

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2022
  17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eh? Wesley's Cadet uniform wasn't gray. Or were you referring to the outfit he wore in the second and third seasons? That wasn't a Cadet uniform, rather a unique uniform created on the Enterprise D to reflect Wesley's status as an "Acting Ensign."

JoaquinSlowly and Danja like this.
  18. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

We've gone from a new uniform for every show to a new uniform for every season:lol:
    What was wrong with the S1 ones?

Danlav05 and Danja like this.
  19. fireproof78

They wouldn't. Cadet uniforms, starting in TNG, have had red tops. I think in DS9 they started distinguishing divisions, but then in alt-future with Admiral Janeway the cadets were just in gray again.

Danja and JoaquinSlowly like this.
  20. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So much for my assumption they would keep it vaque until before the final season... Oh well.