I miss Stargate

I miss it, even Stargate Universe which at least was a Stargate fix. I hope there's a new series someday.

I miss the good Stargate SG-1. But considering the series ran about four or five seasons past the point where I thought it was consistently decent, I can't say I miss it overall.

But man, I had fun with the parts of it that were worthwhile.

Not really.. SG was fun but it also had a sizeable ratio of stinker episodes.

SG always needed a better writing team that could decide if it wanted serious or just plain goofy fun.. the way they tried to mix both at times always resulted in failure.

Additionally times are nearly gone where people are content with simple problem of the week with a few gadgets so unless they can make it relevant again in any way other than returning to a 90s style it will remain dead (or have a very short life span).

Personally the only story i'd be really interested in would be the total disclosure of the Stargate program to humanity and then explore the implications of it on a global scale.. that would be an interesting proposition worth exploring but i don't believe the old production team could do it (especially after i have seen Universe which was really bad).

Jaffa KREE!

After a long day in service to your god, you deserve a treat. Try brand new Jaffa Cakes(tm) the treat that 9 out of 10 gods order their servants to consume. Just remember Jaffa Cakes(tm), because your god commands it.(C)(TM)

IMAG0048.jpg

I miss SG1, it was very entertaining even in the later seasons.

And I'm probably alone in this, but I miss SG:U. I liked it much more than Atlantis.

Jaffa Cakes: :guffaw:

We have a lot of jaffa flavoured things here and every time I see the word I do a double take now. And we have power company called Origin which is now aligned in my mind with evil LOL.

Jaffa Cakes: :guffaw:

We have a lot of jaffa flavoured things here and every time I see the word I do a double take now. And we have power company called Origin which is now aligned in my mind with evil LOL.
You see the bills month after month, how could you ever see them as NOT evil?it

I miss Stargate and look forward to the day they dust it off and reboot

I miss Stargate, too. Maybe I should check a season, just to remind myself how much I liked it.

Its unlikely that a profitable franchise will lie fallow indefinitely. A new show will probably tie up the threads from the old shows...

Back