Spoilers How will this season end?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by The Overlord, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Trajet

Trajet Commander Red Shirt

How will the first season end? With Starfleet finally realising you don't win a war against a warrior species by being polite about it.

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why don't we recreate it on the holodeck? I hear its good therapy...
    Oh, Australia.

picardjean-luc likes this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

;)

4. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Got the following idea because of the Hugh Culber we saw existing inside the Spore Network after his death and Mirror Georgiou coming with the Discovery to the Prime Universe: What if our Mirror Georgiou ends up in a situation (maybe becomes braindead) and with the help of Stamets our Philippa returns by taking over her body...

5. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

Good idea. It seems a bit far-fetched though. Plus officially MY is credited as a "special guest star," meaning that she won't become a regular character and her stint at DISC will end when season 1 is over.

I do hope her fans will start petitioning CBS Paramount. I'd love to see more Georgiou beyond S1, though I suspect many fans would love to see Lorca returning as well.

Unimatrix Q likes this.
  6. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

7. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

That's actually the one @eschaton is talking about. ;)

8. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

just from comments the producers have made, it seems clear they know we love georgiou and that they love her too. whether she fits into their plans for the series as a regular remains to be seen, but if michelle yeoh was interested in being in the series full time, it's hard to believe they wouldn't jump at the opportunity.
    this is not a bad idea either. if nothing else, the mycelial network may be a way of dropping in on georgiou and culber and any other departed crew members from time to time.

but i'll reiterate my earlier (fan fiction-y) thought: l'rell and house mo'kai's ability to place existing consciousnesses in different bodies is just too good to ignore when we have emperor georgiou just waiting for an injection of captain georgiou's personality and memories.

Unimatrix Q likes this.
  9. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Captain Captain

The future of some of the main & most liked characters is up in the air.

1) Burnham. Still a mutineer. MU Lorca recalling her should have no legal force. Though I guess Saru could do the same. Or convince Cornwell to do so.

2) Lorca. MU Lorca is dead. PU Lorca is probably in the MU somewhere. Stash him for possible return later.

3) Georgiou. Could be a nice 7 of 9 rehabilitation story if they choose to go that way. In any case, I hope she survives so future guest appearances can be many. Think Dukat/Garrick.

4) Voq/Tyler. Is Voq really gone? I wouldn't believe a word L'Rell says. I will wager she did something odd with Tyler.

5) Culber. That spore has me thinking. Maybe a McCoy/katra situation. Does Tilly /Culber start making out with Stamets?

Anywho, the Federation will win the war. Hope time travel is NOT the answer. I will go with DISCO disseminating the cloak info + an assist from Tyler/ Voq & Georgiou & possibly L'Rell on strategy.

Georgiou survives but is in custody for now. Though if she commits no crimes here, can they hold her? Becomes a possible redemption story.

Lorca = gone. Maybe PU Lorca in the future.

Burnham = gets a pardon. Starts at bottom again.

Culber = hope that is not the end.

10. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

She did the Klingon Death Scream, I don't think she was lying.

pst likes this.
  11. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

I don't think she intentionally misled them either. I think she intended to erase the Tyler persona but it ended up being stronger than Voq's original one. She appeard stunned for a bit before she started to scream, and that makes me suspect she expected the other outcome.

12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think she was mercy killing Voq.

13. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

uh. convert your gays is way worse than bury your gays.

eltel99uk likes this.
  14. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Either way is possible... without any dialogue, her body language is the only way to guess her intentions.

15. Wulf

Wulf Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well, there's that one TOS episode that would suggest that simply being a woman is enough.

They seem to have chosen not to even acknowledge it with some handwaving though.

...Or maybe it's a policy instituted as a result of what we're about to see in the next few episodes.

16. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Am I missing something? Where/how/why are the Klingons storing original Georgiou's memories etc.?

17. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess the idea here is that they'll somehow get Georgiou's memories from the mycelial network? Never mind that it's something entirely different from a human brain. Of course, since consciousness is treated like a distinct "thing" in Trek independent of substrate, that might not matter.

Or maybe because Voq and L'Rell ate her brain, they have her consciousness or something?

*shrug*

pst likes this.
  18. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

i'm referring to the heretofore sketchily explained ability of l'rell and her house matriarchs to overlay the personalities and memories of specific individuals into other bodies. there was a real ash tyler, captured, possibly killed by the klingons. whatever tech (or magic) they used to extract his memory and personality could be used by the writers to restore georgiou. if voq believed he really was tyler, why couldn't this be applied to georgiou? because captain georgiou is dead and eaten? who knows what they did to her body before they chowed down.

i'm not predicting this will happen, just saying it's reasonable given the mythology of the show so far. and i'm also not saying this doesn't sound like fan fiction. it's just that most of the twists discovery has thrown at us so far have felt like fan fiction (i.e. lorca isn't a nuanced asshole who doesn't quite fit into our preconception of a starfleet captain, he's straight up evil and from the mirror universe).

19. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How will this season end? Pew pew pew pew is my guess.

cultcross, T'Bonz, Jadeb and 2 others like this.
  20. Long Syntax

Long Syntax Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With any luck that spore germinates in Tilly and we have a replay of the Alien chestburst scene.

seigezunt likes this.