Spoilers How will this season end?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by The Overlord, Jan 27, 2018.

1. cbl1

cbl1 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My theory for end of season:

Georgiou dies in a blaze of glory taking down Klingons. After her death Burnham finds out that Georgiou (with help of Sarek as a part of their deal to make her captain) filed a final statement exonerating Burnham of the mutiny (since as far as Starfleet is concerned the emperor is real Georgiou). Burnham becomes commander of the Discovery under Saruh. The Admiral goes crazy and is placed in an asylum. Final scene - Voq in mirror universe freeing prisoners in a Terran prison and PU Lorca walks out of cell.

I think Ash may be key to the end of hostilities since he is human but can speak as Klingon with Klingon memories. He may be the one that can sue for peace as a bridge between the two.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. eschaton

eschaton Commodore Commodore

It was all written by Benny Russell, who in the last scene crumbles it up and throws in in the garbage.

3. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

The final scene involving Enterprise/Pike or Prime Lorca are good possibilities. Maybe we get both

4. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Faux Georgiou will become permanent Captain. Burnham will have her sentence traded off for being third in command. Tylok will be chief of security again and share his time between Burnham and L'Rell. L'Rell will share quarters with Tilly and torture her in her sleep for snoring. Tilly's pet green spore will mate with Lorca's tribble and give birth to lots of fuzzy Lorcas.

Nyotarules and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  5. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's easy to predict the end. What is "most shocking"? "Shock of the week" writing, is the style that STD writers settled on. So what's more "shocking", a plan to... ahem.. map Kronos for some future action against it, or MU Georgiou killing everyone onboard and Stamets resetting the timeline (oh and getting his hubby Culber back in the process?). No one wants a reset, that's precisely why we are getting one.

Gepard likes this.
  6. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or a simulation of what would happen... or a vision from Stamets of a possible future. Could be lots of thins

7. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Burnham : Admiral, we're being hailed.

Cornwell : On screen.

Pike : Hello, Discovery. I'm Captain Christopher Pike of the Enterprise. On a recent mission to save refugees displaced by the hostilities, we've run across someone in a Klingon prison camp that may be of interest to you.

Pike steps aside to reveal a battered and beaten Prime Lorca standing behind him. Cut to black. Roll credits.

I would fist pump so hard.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Lord Garth, Nyotarules and Cyrus like this.
  8. Vger23

Vger23 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am admittedly having a very hard time envisioning how the various plot points and primary arc will be sufficiently wrapped up in a 45-minute timeframe.

Lord Garth and Kol-Ut-Shan like this.
  9. PixelMagic

Me too. I'd hope for a 2 hour finale, but this is CBS, so...

Vger23 likes this.
  10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Some dude with a beard will say "Computer...arch" and walk off the holodeck.

Cold Spot and F. King Daniel like this.
  11. PixelMagic

Alien Nazis. Only way to end a season.

12. Kol-Ut-Shan

Kol-Ut-Shan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Yeah.

@ITDUDE

It seems like we get “Shock of the Week.” Hopefully they’ll tone it down next season.

I guess we end the Klingon War in favor of the Federation. The Emperor sacrifices herself, learning there is more than egotistical power and not wanting to go back to her universe humiliated, finally going out in a blaze of glory.

13. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Georgiou dies in battle against the Klingon's. Suru then eats her.

Nyotarules, Cold Spot, ITDUDE and 4 others like this.
  14. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Georgfaux somehow meets Regulorca and they have babies.

15. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

Gandalf has a holodeck? Cool beans.

Hythlodeus likes this.
  16. GhostLoveScore

GhostLoveScore Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

They beam tribbles on the planet and sit back and watch.

Nyotarules likes this.
  17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

What if they beamed Tribbles down to the mushroom moon? Would they become interphasic Tribbles?

18. eltel99uk

eltel99uk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Of course not. Otherwise we'd be in a society obsessed by furry stuffed toys with huge merchandising which causes profits to generate more as soon as they appear and driving all sane people mad.
    oh.

19. Nyarlacthulhu

Nyarlacthulhu Captain Captain

Remember Q'onos looked very differently in Enterprise than in TNG and DS9. Maybe the original homeplanet gets destroyed in the war and the Klingons use another planet as their capital, which would explain the differences.

20. eltel99uk

eltel99uk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Possibly. Though I personally prefer the (never explained onscreen so non-canon) explanation that following the destruction of Praxis in ST6, they *did* evacuate Qo'Nos to sort out its atmosphere etc and then during the period from shortly after ST6 up to TNG a lot of rebuilding/changes were necessary on the planet as it repopulated. Thus Qo'Nos would have been quite different during Enterprise and by extension TOS from the post-ST6 onwards period.

Philip Guyott likes this.