How will season 2 end?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Visitor1982, Mar 26, 2019.

?

How will season 2 end?

1. USS Enterprise saves the day

15 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. USS Discovery is send to another time

43 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Burnham is erased from time/dies

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Dr. Pulaski crawls out of the turbolift shaft and yells at Picard

19 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. Other

23 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

to your point, kurtzman himself said:
    also anthony rapp had this to say about the finale:
    it's a little less clear what he's saying here. either it's a reference to pike's fate, or some even more radical way the show aligns itself to (or removes itself from) our prior understanding of continuity.

trekcore has a rundown of statements on the finale here, but those were the most interesting tidbits to me.

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

It almost seemed like the BIg-3 networks had a gentleman's agreement about starting their new seasons at the same time. Later, I think, with more "networks", or at least channels running original programming, there came more of a "who can beat the others to the punch" mindset. I'm certain there's a strategy of some kind involved.

3. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Buckle up, Discovery fans – the Star Trek: Discovery actors are promising an unexpected ending. Plus: Fan reactions to the show have...

Continue reading...

4. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

This is the only post I will get behind...........

Kor and Lonemagpie like this.
  5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I'd suspect the galaxy's level of tech will take a big hit, Nu BSG style, in an attempt to prevent more time travelling AI shenanigans...

KennyB likes this.
  6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

This last episode they are going on about, has "Valentine to the fans" written all over it. :eek:

Hopefully I'm wrong.

ITDUDE likes this.
  7. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

First 2 seasons were Holodec simulations by Riker? I definitely hope you are wrong. I prefer the Pulaski Picard ending to that.

ITDUDE, eschaton and BillJ like this.
  8. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Premonitions? You mean like the Red Angel warning Spock that Michael was in danger when they were kids on Vulcan? Were there other such premonitions in the show?

Exactly my thinking. All those statements have me extremely suspicious that they'll try to pull some weird stunt in order to appease the rather loud portion of fans who cry “not canon!” I would much rather see them (continue to) create their very own version of Trek instead of “aligning” it with fucking canon. :rolleyes:

9. zar

zar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These comments from Peck seem to indicate there will not be a time jump:
    It's possible that we will see the future through visions like we saw through Spock in the Talos episode, but Discovery itself stays where it is.

On the other hand, this older interview comes to mind:
    BTW, that interview with Kurtzman is also the one where you can read what he actually said about "aligning with canon" at the end of the season. It doesn't suggest anything as extreme as what some people seem to be worried about.

10. Cyrus

Yeah me too. I wish they would just say the season ends in a great way instead of all this talk about aligning with Canon. The heck with all the canon nazis.

I certainly hope there is no kind of time travel reset button used.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  11. zar

zar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You mean try being Andromeda but good.

12. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

As a few others mentioned above, my feeling is “align with canon” probably isn’t going to be particularly game changing, all that is really required is Pike and Spock back on Enterprise, the crew switching to yellow/blue/red uniforms and maybe no longer using the spore drive for some reason - which, now that I think about it, they’ve barely used it all this season (just to go to Terralysium and to rescue Tilly) so might not even be that big of a deal if the crew could no longer use it.

13. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Well...drama is kind of what they do, so...:shrug:

ITDUDE, BillJ, SJGardner and 4 others like this.
  14. Cyrus

Repeating of what I have said in another thread:
    - Pike and Spock return to Enterprise.
    - Spore drive is decommissioned (hardly being used anyway).
    - Section 31 goes underground..
    - Discovery crew get TOS style colored uniforms.
    - Discovery crew abandon ship and somehow end up 1000 years in the future.
    - Discovery is told to go somewhere and wait 1000 years for the crew.

SJGardner and Midquest like this.
  15. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

In my perfect world we would get a some kind of time re-adjustment that restores SOME but not all of the “classic” visuals. Like restoring the Enterprise to her former glory...at least on the outside and jettisoning the Discoprise.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just something like the ship having to go to the future to defeate the AI but in the process it wipes them from the timeline. Meaning while everything did happen...history never records it. Like Spock never had an adoptive sister, Pike never commanded a ship other than the Enterprise, Georgiou never dies in the prelude to a war, etc...

16. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

I could believe this and indeed I am rather wondering if they will end up *permanently* in the future, but to do so, Spock and Pike can't be on that ship when it does that and that doesn't seem likely.

17. Paul755

Maybe Pike and Spock leave before the final move because they have set destinys to fulfill. Georgiou knows all this, forces them off and takes Pikes place.

Discovery obviously stays in the future due to a permanently disabled spore drive and “Treks” from there.

18. Paul755

Lorca never goes to the Mirror universe...

19. Alan Roi

Alan Roi Commodore Commodore

:barf:

Unicorn, PiotrB, Vger23 and 3 others like this.
  20. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

My idea is they find themselves in the Kelvinverse replacing the versions of themselves in that universe who are all living very different lives, yet they still have their memories. That universe also has Georgiou so we get to see a third version of the character in season 3. Maybe it's also forward in the future as well and we get to see Captain Sulu played by John Choi. He is our new Captain for season 3. That or we see another version of Lorca or maybe Prime Lorca has also found himself their as well.

Jason