How will season 2 end?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Visitor1982, Mar 26, 2019.

?

How will season 2 end?

1. USS Enterprise saves the day

15 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. USS Discovery is send to another time

43 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Burnham is erased from time/dies

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Dr. Pulaski crawls out of the turbolift shaft and yells at Picard

19 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. Other

23 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Control is hobbled/corrupted and sent back in time. It becomes the genesis of the Borg. Burnham and a few others new to DSC are sent forward in time but to a time and place Spock calculates would be in the middle of open space. Discovery is left adrift with preprogrammed objectives to be at that time and place to intercept them. Somehow Burnham et al's disappearance causes the Federation to eventually degrade into the V'draysh when we know that its still supposed to be the Federation at that point (thanks to Daniels). Zora helps them return to their time to fix the timeline.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  2. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

I voted for time jump. MU Georgiou gets some sort of perma-communications despite the change (which is possible per Daniels). Spock doesn't speak about MB not because he's forgotten her or she never existed; it's because it's too painful to discuss lost possibilities.

3. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I don't think it's Daniels, but I think you're on to something here. Which is why I'm wondering about why Georgiou being in Section 31 would have to be exclusive to the 23rd Century?

jespah likes this.
  4. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Q sends Discovery to the end of the universe from Where No One Has Gone Before

5. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

The final scene will be the Enterprise, still orbiting Talos IV, emerging from the illusion wherein ALL of Trek, post-The Cage, proves to have been a collective hallucination. The Talosians, high from the experience of 700+ hours of Trek, with all its variety (especially the LSD induced trip through TAS), thank the crew for the entertainment and send them on their way.

And now, after half a century’s delay, we can finally experience Gene’s Vision of Trek-as it was meant to be. End credits with TOS music over a photo montage ending with Susan Oliver as the Orion exotic dancer.

The Internet explodes within seconds, causing a cascade of technical errors and failures that return humanity to mid-1960s level technology, thus ensuring any future episodes are consistent with TOS in every way.

The End.

:shrug:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

That's definitely a flaw in my theory...

Here's a crazy theory:

What if to save the timeline... Michael, as the Red Angel because she has to take over for her mom for some reason, saves Prime Georgiou's life in Battle of the Binary Stars and resets the timeline completely. Thus, the "Michelle Yeoh show" is the cast of Discovery on the Shenzhou and is a "replacement" for Discovery. Or she saves Prime Georgiou's life and for some reason brings her to the present Discovery era. Then the Yeoh show we get is actually Prime Georgiou...

I prefer my first theory of just a time jump btw. My crazy theory won't happen.

7. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

How will Season 2 end?

With the end credits for Episode 14 rolling .... *ducks* :D

With that out of the way, I think "aligning with TOS" will be nothing more than the Control being defeated in some epic CGI fest of a battle, SporeDrive being dismantled and/or shut down, Pike, Spock and Number One warping off on a repaired Enterprise and Discovery headed back to Vulcan to pick up her still waiting Captain.

No real huge mental gymnastics required. The production is not going to scrap the money invested in standing sets and CGI assets for the possibility of introducing a new ship to replace Discovery.

Jadeb and PiotrB like this.
  8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I would probably be done with the show at that point. There is a silliness to this need to line the show up with TOS.

Nyotarules likes this.
  9. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Again, I don't need it. I don't really even want it. But there are fans out there who are so obsessed with TEH CANNON!!!!!111!one111!1! that this would be the only way to make them happy. And I honestly would not be surprised if it happens.

Vger23 and BillJ like this.
  10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Are you sure the Talosians are the ones who are high right now?

Ovation and Lord Garth like this.
  11. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would agree. But if you click through and read the article, there are lots of very explicit quotes...

Tuskin38 likes this.
  12. Lord Garth

Funnily enough, the Talosians have an undefined long life span "several times greater" than ours. So, they could actually still be alive in the 33rd Century. "1,000 of your years ago? It was yesterday."

Unimatrix Q, Ovation and Tuskin38 like this.
  13. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Burnham is erased from time/dies

Is this a wishlist or what we think will actually happen :D :D

Terok Nor likes this.
  14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

This article also confirms that Culber will be in Season 3.

15. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's like saying the sky is blue, Avengers: Endgame will earn over $2b, Star Trek fans will whine about anything, etc..
    The devil is in the details :)

16. TPezz

TPezz Commander Red Shirt

Perhaps the only way to beat control is for Discovery to go back in time to stop it being created in the first place. This resets the timeline, saving Michaels parents, stopping her being taken in by Sarek, etc. Discovery jumps back to their own time, only to find everything has changed, Discovery doesn’t exist because the technology, such as the Spore Drive, was never created due to events like the Battle of the Binary Stars not happening. This could also explain why we had never heard of Saru or the Kelpians as due to the timeline change he never encountered Starfleet and they stayed a non warp civilisation.

I haven’t quite figured out how the show, cast and ship go on from there though :shrug:Maybe they use the red angel to jump into the future :confused: but then that wouldn’t really explain why they are there to a future Starfleet :brickwall:

17. Woulfe

Woulfe Commodore Commodore

Avengers : Endgame... Only $2B ? Not MORE ? I think you underestimate the hype ;-)

Hythlodeus likes this.
  18. Tuskin38

They would never wipe out the last 2 seasons worth of story.

PiotrB and Lord Garth like this.
  19. Lord Garth

I keep thinking back to the original pitch that the series would start in the TOS Era, go to the TNG Era, and then take place in an era beyond. The showrunners have changed, but they still might've liked that idea. The Picard Series eliminates any point of going into the TNG Era but the Calypso Era passes for "beyond". I think they want to tie up loose ends about how this show connects to TOS because the show is saying goodbye to this era.

I could possibly be totally wrong. But I think the show will continue with Discovery displaced in time and space. Maybe reality, but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. How does this effect The Georgiou Series? I have no idea. If I knew, I wouldn't be posting on TrekBBS.

20. Tuskin38

If they are going to be displaced, than waiting until after Season 3 to do the Georgiou show would make sense.

PiotrB and Lord Garth like this.