How Excited are You about Star Trek Into Darkness?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarTrek1701, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Amen, brother!

And, yeah, I'm looking forward to the movie, but don't feel a burning desire to know all about it RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!

Come May, I'll be in line . . . .

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not overly excited but it is likely to be an opening weekend film for me

3. Sky

Sky Captain Captain

I'm mostly meh.

The 2009 film I was incredibly excited about. Hell, I travelled to another country just to see the European premiere. Then the film was a disappointment to me. Now I'm not that invested anymore.

4. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

I'm more annoyed by the secrecy that TPTB have shrouded this film in. I'm looking forward to it and I hope it's good, of course, but I'm starting to get worried since no teaser or trailer is out yet when it's less than 8 months away from release. Are they concerned about what they've filmed and hurrying to salvage it? Is there something else that's a problem? Cumberbatch should be excellent if his character is written and directed well. I liked the 2009 film alot but it was hardly without some annoying flaws that chould've/should've been caught by the experienced and successful team of the writers and the director. I'm hoping that with all the time that they have taken to get this one together, they've spent it wisely to avoid such issues this time. I would be much more into it if they shared the basics that the vast majority of studios provide by this point: a trailer that depicts the stars and their roles as well as the basic plot. While it's a safe bet that something will come soon, I'm starting to get that bad vibe that I usually get when a film doesn't provide a review for critics usually out of fear that it will be universally panned. Don't freak: I know we're not at the point but it's just the feeling I'm getting and I'm hoping I'm wrong.

5. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Cue the Debbie Downer sound effect. Don't worry, it'll be Killer. I hope. ;-)

I am fairly excited at this stage. The real excitement will kick in once they begin promoting the film in earnest. *crosses fingers for NO Khan*

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  6. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I am super exited. Loved the previous movie so I am really excited to see this movie. So far nothing has come out to diminish my enthusiasm.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

My GOD I am going to see NUSPOCK again!!! That sells it for me, really. I'm just sooooo excited about that and even if the movie is awful you can't take NuSpock from me..

8. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

In the middle. I didn't like the last one much at all, which is rather odd given that I have been able to like every other Trek series and almost every Trek film.

I'll watch it, probably at a midnight screening because it's best experienced with fellow Trek nuts, but won't go in with any high hopes.

9. teacake

I like watching the new movies by myself. I don't want other people and their noises impinging on my pure experience.

10. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

How do you manage that, short of waiting for them to come out on DVD?

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Well, I can't blame you for that. ;)

A weekday matinee a month into the movie coming out maybe? Those usually don't have many people there, and the price to see most films is usually less.

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you walked up to the movie office, pulled out your wallet and tossed enough money on the table you could get a private screening of the movie. It may be at late night/early morning as not to infringe on the regular schedule but you could get it.

13. teacake

When I say by myself I mean me and the 5 other people who were in the cinema the last 2 Trek films. For ST:XI I was in a huge cinema in a big shopping center the day after the midnight premiere and there were about 5-8 other people there. I assume if I went into the city it wouldn't be this empty.

14. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

I told you not to freak out! :p
    "The real excitement will kick in once they begin promoting the film in earnest." I think you mean, "The real excitement will kick in once they begin promoting the film at all." :guffaw:

15. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ :rommie: Well, hey, they gave us a title. And there was all that leaked video footage.

Honestly I was surprised at the lack of all of our picking over the leaked videos. There were potentially months of examination and discussion, (read: "arguing" ;)) over them which we all seemed content not to bother with - much. :shrug:

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

:lol:

17. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

I'm definitely going to see it, but I'm a little nervous after watching Lindelof's Prometheus disaster.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

19. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

I saw it tomorrow. It was great. :p

:guffaw:

We were told - years ago! - that there would be much secrecy and tight security.

Oh ye of little faith. ;)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  20. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Extremely excited!

About not only the film, but the 'moichendising, moichendising' as well. Can't wait to see what Hasbro comes up with - let's hope they do it better than Playmates!