How Do You Take Your Coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidding aside, I've been drinking coffee black for twelve years. Can't think of drinking it with sugar anymore, not ever.

If I'm ordering from a coffee place, I'll order an Americano, black.
If making from home, I like the darkest roast possible with a bit of coconut oil in it. It sounds weird but it's very good.

My Timmy's I take LG Double Double.
TimmysCoffee.jpg

Like I take my men: picked from the trees of a South American jungle, ground into a fine, black, coarse powder, and processed through a hot water based filtration system.

This is how I described my coffee making procedure last year when we were talking about it here in Misc.

These days I'm using Tanzanian beans or beans from Sidamo in Ethiopia. But I still have three or four different beans to choose from each time I make some.

Normally I just take it with a 'dash' of (low fat) milk... or black.

Just the other day I had ventured into town (looong walk of about 10 minutes from where I live, so I rarely go all that way for anything) before I'd had my breakfast-coffee :eek: and had to find a shop to get my fix from... hate that!

Why is it that there are SO many junk-coffee-shops? It took me about six or seven minutes for the salesperson to understand that yes, I'd like my coffee to taste like, say, chocolate - however NOT because they added 'taste of chocolate' to my coffee but because the beans they brew it from have that taste as a natural part of their coffeeliciousness ...

Really!
-it felt like they had gotten so used to selling lukewarm sweet (and foamy?) milk-drinks w. (various degrees of) coffee-taste that they had forgotten what kind of product a cup of coffee actually was :sigh:

I used to love my coffee (with milk, no sugar) ... but I had to give up caffeine because it was giving me a crazy heartbeat. I have yet to find a decaf coffee that I can stand, alas.

, btw, tip of the week.

I was reading an old story about the British Raj, and it mentioned they put salt in the coffee. I thought nothing about it, until I read somewhere else that this reduces the bitterness significantly. I gave it a shot and it does, quite a lot. The secret is, just the tiniest pinch, which alleviates the bitterness without making a distinct salty taste.

I like my coffee with lots of sugar and cream, especially love amaretto flavored cream. Still I might try the pinch of salt as I really do need to cutdown on all the sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back